Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
We have to win 3 in a row
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1,427

We have to win 3 in a row

Mar 10, 2020, 9:20 PM

Or the season is over. The NCAA tournament is taking flack for possibly being a cause of spreading, Clemson University is likely going to E-Learning after Spring break, there is no way that they will announce that then accept a bid into the NIT. Even if the NIT is somehow held, I doubt Clemson University will accept the bid this year.

There is not as much money riding on the NIT, only programs with new coaches have any fan turnout (as we did Brownell's 4th year) for it, there is not enough money in it for greed to outweigh risk.

Clemson is not going to be in the postseason unless they at least make the championship game. 18-16 and 5 top 15 wins (if seed 2-4 doesn't get upset) would likely get us into the dance with a close loss in the conference title game.

Barring that, you are probably watching the last basketball games of the year starting tomorrow.

I think we potentially have a shot to shock the world, these NCAAT teams will not be motivated at the idea of playing 3 games with the worry in the back of their mind that this crap is spreading, they're in the tournament anyway and have nothing to lose by losing the first game.

If I recall, Duke won a championship this decade losing their first game in the ACCT, winning the conference title doesn't do much except maybe move a team 1-2 seeds more.

Clemson has everything to lose and has shown it can show up and outright suck or show up and play like a top 5 team. If we can string together a similar stretch we did after beating Pitt and UL, Clemson very well could leave this week ACC champions. We always lose 2-3 then win 2-3, hopefully it happens 4 times this time lol.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It is possible.

Mar 10, 2020, 9:40 PM

I hope you're right.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: It is possible.

Mar 10, 2020, 10:11 PM

I will type slowly so you can understand

There is a ZERO chance of Clemson making the NCAA T with an 18-16 Record. ZERO NONE NADA.

There has never been a team with a record (16 losses) closes to this make the tournament as an AT LARGE EVER.

You are hung up Clemson upsetting 3 teams when just about every team in the country has quality wins. Even SC has wins over Kentucky and Virginia and Clemson and USC have ZERO chance of the dance also. Clemson might have 3 good wins but at the moment they have twice or three time as many bad losses and are a 500 team. Teams at 500 or just above 500 don't get at large bids. EVER

I have no idea why you can't understand how this works. The only way Clemson goes to the tournament is if they win Saturday night and cut down the nets. Anything less and the season is probably over and I doubt they even get an NIT bid with an 18-16 record but for some reason, you think they will get an at NCAA large bid. SMH wondering what you are thinking

Let me repeat NO TEAM EVER WITH 16 LOSSES HAS BEEN AWARDED AN AT LARGE BID.
CLEMSON WILL NOT BE THE FIRST.

Mar 10, 2020, 10:18 PM

Take it easy on judge Jr

Mar 10, 2020, 10:54 PM

Difference between me and Judge, I think there is a snowball's chance in hell we have any chance of winning 18. I only said the other teams playing like crap to get to the NCAA is the only way it is possible.

I think you guys are confused.***

Mar 11, 2020, 1:46 AM [ in reply to Re: It is possible. ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Mar 10, 2020, 10:53 PM [ in reply to Re: It is possible. ]

#1 Multiple teams have made the NIT with as little as 17 wins.

When did I ever say Clemson would Definitely be in with 18?

I don't think there have been very many 16 loss teams that have beaten the quality of teams Clemson has.

18-13 Oklahoma made the tournament as an at large last year.

Your statistic means zero. Go find me the number of teams that have replaced 5 starters and struggled early on, won 5 games against teams that will be in the final top 15, and was close to winning the ACCT.

I clearly only said the season was likely over barring that. I honestly doubt that even happens.

Mar 10, 2020, 11:01 PM

And we lost to the coots and who else ?

Who the hayull are you talking to?

Mar 11, 2020, 1:45 AM [ in reply to Re: It is possible. ]

In my mind it's only possible if we WIN the tournament, which means we get the automatic bid. Not likely, and in fact it's a loooooong shot. I was just agreeing that it's "possible" for us to make the tourney.

- H. L. Mencken

Replies: 8
| visibility 1,427
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic