Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I'm suprised Muschamp firing the team Chaplain and saying
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

I'm suprised Muschamp firing the team Chaplain and saying

Apr 14, 2016, 2:52 PM

"Jesus was a distraction" hasn't garnered more attention. Not one mention about it on the radio stations today.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

It's only news when Jesus is 'brought in'.

Apr 14, 2016, 2:54 PM

They hand out diversity/tolerance awards for what Muschamp is doing.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm suprised Muschamp firing the team Chaplain and saying

Apr 14, 2016, 2:57 PM

Link anywhere??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 14, 2016, 3:00 PM

I can assure you nothing will be said at that cesspool. However, he continually loses like many are expecting, they will come back and use that as an excuse.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Are we sure it really happened

Apr 14, 2016, 5:12 PM

In particular, are we sure he made the comment about Jesus being a distraction. That doesn't seem possible for any thinking person. He might be jerk enough to think it, but who would be dumb enough to say a thing like that.

Apr 14, 2016, 5:08 PM [ in reply to Re: I'm suprised Muschamp firing the team Chaplain and saying ]

http://gamecocknation.net/topic/12359-exclusive-breaking-news-about-usc-football-program/page-1

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

The distraction quote is not actually a quote, but rather

Apr 14, 2016, 3:00 PM

a 2nd hand rumor. I don't buy it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

It is about time

Apr 14, 2016, 7:00 PM

Good for him firing a chaplain. They are not needed and not appropriate at public school.

It is on the radio in Columbia, 107.5

Apr 14, 2016, 7:08 PM

and the poster above me is an idiot!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It is about time

Apr 14, 2016, 7:20 PM [ in reply to It is about time ]

^^Boom? Is that you?

FGF is that way --->>>>

I guess you don't think they are needed by Armed Forces either?

Apr 14, 2016, 7:22 PM [ in reply to It is about time ]

They all have them. There is nothing wrong with teams having chaplains. No player is forced to use them.

Message was edited by: longtallsam®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

USC Chaplain

Apr 14, 2016, 7:37 PM

Navy fired their football Chaplain for praying in Jesus name.

The left is ruining our life as we know it.

Re: USC Chaplain

Apr 14, 2016, 9:46 PM

From what I read, that's totally inaccurate. According to the link below, he was fired because he was scolding homosexuals & soldiers who had premarital sex for not living a devout Christian lifestyle. That sounds like a perfectly fine reason for firing someone.

From the article:
- Told a female that she was "shaming herself in the eyes of god" for having premarital sex.
- Told another student that homosexuality was wrong and that "the ##### was meant for the ###### and not for the anus."
- Suggested to a student that he, Modder, had the ability to "save" gay people.
- "Berated" a student for becoming pregnant while not married.

http://www.militarytimes.com/story/military/2015/03/10/chaplain-fired/24699275/

Apr 14, 2016, 9:55 PM

So... fired for doing his job?

"Berated" and "shamed" are a but extreme, and of the opinion of the author or those in charge if his termination.

Ultimately, the man was fired for trying to save lives. Shame on USCjr.

Apr 14, 2016, 10:13 PM

If I'm reading it correctly, he was saying it to people who weren't seeking his council. If he was doing this unsolicited, then "berated" and "shamed" are totally accurate ways of describing his actions.

He wasn't trying to save lives, he was trying to push his religion on other people. If you're religious that's fine, but you don't get to go around and judge people based on what you believe and then call it "saving" them.

Apr 15, 2016, 1:49 PM [ in reply to Re: USC Chaplain ]

TODD'S AMERICAN DISPATCH
Navy Chaplain Censored: ‘Don’t pray in the name of Jesus’
http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2015/04/22/navy-chaplain-censored-dont-pray-in-name-jesus.html

I believe the two incidents, the one you are talking about, and the one I linked here is different.

Apr 15, 2016, 4:57 PM

With all due respect, the article you posted--which is written by an author who writes books about the "persecution" of Christians--doesn't seem to fall in line with your claim that he was fired for praying in the name of Jesus. The article says he was told to "deep-six the Jesus talk", which suggests he may have been pushing his religion on others who weren't looking for that kind of council.

The article says: “Navy chaplains are never required to compromise the standards of their religious organization, but are required to perform in a pluralistic environment,”

I interpret this rule as being that you do not need to denounce your religion or act in a way which isn't respectful to your beliefs, however you must be respectful of the religions of others who you deal with. If the complaints against him are accurate, it sounds like he wasn't respecting the religion of others, which would justify him being removed.

The author claims that this was a witch hunt by the LGBT community, and maybe it was. I don't know all the behind-the-scenes details, so I have to go by what information I have. Even using the clearly biased & agenda-driven article you posted, I don't see where the complaint is. He appears to be a great chaplain for Christians who hold the same values as him, but doesn't appear to be able to tolerate other beliefs.

"On September 3, 2015 the Navy Personnel Command

Apr 15, 2016, 5:59 PM [ in reply to Re: USC Chaplain ]

exonerated Modder, clearing him of all wrongdoing."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wes_Modder

Looks like he'll be able to retire in September. Score one for the good guys.

Life and death due to war is sliightly different than a game

Apr 14, 2016, 7:41 PM [ in reply to I guess you don't think they are needed by Armed Forces either? ]

I am not opposed to a chaplain for a team, but that was a terrible comparison.

No it is not, it is actually quite a good one

Apr 14, 2016, 10:30 PM

you have 18 year old men that are away from home for the first time. This transition from childhood to becoming a man is a very difficult time, and many seek spiritual guidance during it. I was in the military in peace time, did I not need my chaplain because I was not in a life and death war? Do we fire the military chaplains during peace time?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

True, but...

Apr 14, 2016, 10:34 PM

the military is always prepared for war even during times of peace, so they would always have a chaplain.

Re: True, but...

Apr 14, 2016, 10:38 PM

That does not take away from the need for it during a major life transition. Personally, I was not in war and leaned on that support while I was away from everything I knew.

You would think....

Apr 14, 2016, 10:44 PM

that the university would offer counseling? I am not sure an athletic team needs their private chaplain.

Having a relationship with someone that

Apr 14, 2016, 10:53 PM

is close to you and that you know personally and share a spiritual belief with, is much different than a counselor. Your original statement that you have no problem with this is obviously not a true statement sense your fail to see the flaw in your reasoning. It does not effect you, players do not have to talk to the chaplain. It is an option, and an option that I would seek. If that option was not available, then that school obviously does not hold my spiritual needs in high regard, so I would keep looking for one that did.

That option is available with or without the team...

Apr 15, 2016, 11:10 AM

There are church's already in town. There is also the FCA(Fellowship of Christian Athletes) on campus. You act like there is no Christian support groups in the city of Clemson or on campus. I truly do not care if the team has one or not, but it is truly not needed. If Dabo and staff wanted one I support them. I support it 100%. If they don't I support that as well.

Apr 14, 2016, 10:23 PM [ in reply to It is about time ]

I feel sorry for "politically correct" posters who have no concept of the place the Lord could have in their lives. Muscrap clearly doesn't recognize the value of a long time staff member who is highly respected throughout the Midlands for the example he set at USuck and beyond.

Go Tigers!

Apr 14, 2016, 10:47 PM

Let's not lump in "PC" and "non-religious" together. I'm not religious, but I'm 1000% against political correctness and I think there are a lot of people who feel the same way as me.

Apr 14, 2016, 10:54 PM [ in reply to It is about time ]

Well trk1 go worship your coot on the coot boards. Can't believe I had to log in just to down vote a fool.

If Jesus is a distraction then may he keep on distracting

Apr 14, 2016, 8:00 PM

Clemson to another National Title Game. Apparently Jesus showed up during the onside kick in the national title game and distracted our special teams. I mean forget the fact that Dabo Swinney gave Christ the glory all season long during his interviews and turned out to be undefeated during regular season play. In reality Christ doesn't seem to be the distraction, but the Gamecocks seem to be going to H E L L in and hand basket as the dumpster fire grows. Praise the Lord!

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic