Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
A few things to say about the Trevor Lawrence shoving
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

A few things to say about the Trevor Lawrence shoving

Feb 19, 2019, 9:28 PM

incident:

1. Wow, I really can't believe the local FOX news channel showed a shove in an intramural basketball game. That's funny.

2. Even funnier, Gamecoots trying to make something of it. That just shows how incredibly desperate they are to come up with anything.

3. You see more than that in just about any basketball game anywhere.

4. What Clemson student in their right mind would talk trash to TLaw during the game. If I was that student, I would have played hard, but I'd have been thanking TLaw for January 7th all throughout the intramural game.

5.That Clemson student gave more resistance than the Bama defensive line did on two runs in the fourth quarter. At least it took two shoves here. HE just ran right over the Bama defensive linemen, bot for first downs. Oh wait a minute, that's right, Bama was tired when they got to California.

6. What the hell is TLaw doing playing intramural basketball. Please don't get an injury in Fike, or wherever it is they play intramural basketball these days.

7. You know our freshman QB is a big star when his intramural antics make TMZ! LOL LOL

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It goes with the territory. He's the marquee player

Feb 19, 2019, 9:43 PM

on the best team in college football, and the favorite for the next Heisman. Every move he makes is going to be analyzed and blown out of proportion. Yeah, the other student may have been running his mouth, and yeah, who sets multiple screens in the backcourt, but TL lost his cool and was wrong for doing what he did - no excuses, even if each of us may have done the same thing. At the end of the day, it's no big deal; no laws were broken, nobody was hurt. He very briefly lost his cool, perhaps very understandably, in an intramural basketball game. Big deal - let it play out.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: It goes with the territory. He's the marquee player

Feb 19, 2019, 10:28 PM

I appreciate that someone actually will hold Trevor accountable. We only know what we saw. Even if the kid was talking trash, I don't think this makes him look tough at all. He initiated full court pressure and didn't react well to a natural response, which was a very soft screen to help his teammate.

I dont know the full story. I just don't like seeing such a dumb overreaction.

Re: A few things to say about the Trevor Lawrence shoving

Feb 20, 2019, 6:35 AM

I would assume the dweeb that had his little phone, took the video and shared it with the world must have been friends with the fellow on the floor of the court

Message was edited by: jeancooper®

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Re: the dweeb that had his little phone

Feb 20, 2019, 7:51 AM

I'm guessing they're members of one of the frats that have been kicked off campus.

Unfortunately Trevor will be under a microscope from now on.

Feb 20, 2019, 7:42 AM

Kind of feel for the young man because everything he says and does will be scrutinized to the nth degree by the clickbait generation. Unfortunately this comes with the territory of being the best QB in college football on the best team in college football. In the big scheme of things, this is such a minor "incident" that it will be forgotten in a few days.

My bigger concern is that while messing around in these spare time intramural leagues, our scholarship athletes could get an injury that negatively affects their football status. Just not worth it in my opinion - imagine if Higgins or Lawrence blew out a knee while coming down from a dunk or some goofy kid accidentally fell into them in a basketball scrum under the net resulting in a broken bone. Worse yet, imagine if one of these regular students of some size gets their dander up from the on court beating they are receiving and throws a sucker punch that results in injury. Just not worth it...

The other thing I don't get is why the football players really want to play in the intramural league to begin with?? Kind of like having Usain Bolt running against a bunch of Special Olympics kids - what joy is there in beating the pi$$ out of a bunch of folks that are so far beneath your athletic level that they have no chance of being competitive? When they are crowned intramural basketball champion - what have they really accomplished??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Unfortunately Trevor will be under a microscope from now on.

Feb 20, 2019, 7:49 AM

Happens everywhere, happened when I was in college. The baseball players had an intramural team. I'M played basketball anywhere anytime throughout my life and for people to be making any kind of fuss about this is stupid, even the ones that say Trevor was wrong. THIS HAPPENS ON BASKETBALL COURTS ACROSS THE COUNTRY EVERYDAY, ITS COMPETITIVE AND TEMPERS SOMETIMES FLARE. I've been in many of these even with my closest friends, five minutes later we're cool.

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic