Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Sports media folk are a funny breed.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 2,319

Sports media folk are a funny breed.

Nov 26, 2018, 9:32 PM

Dabo makes for a good headline because he's super personable, goofy, and honest to a fault. ALL of this comes through in the interviews he gives, and compared to King Stick Up His Butt Saban, it's great "tv" as they say in the biz. But as soon as Dabo turns on "Coach Mode" all of a sudden it's "who does dabo think he is / maybe he's just a fraud." OH GET OVER IT ALREADY.

Dabo is not CW's BFF. He's his coach. He's not going to let stupid shennanigans that can hurt the team slide without saying nothing. If these sports people had been paying attention BEFORE Clemson became C[rush them all]LEMSON...they would see that.

Dabo set Sammy for a full half in a must-win game against Auburn for a little pot. What other coach would have done that? Nobody but Dabo, because he doesn't tolerate shennaingans. Old Swag Kelly found this out the hard way when he got his butt sent packing to SCOOBA.

Yeah, Christian is the hart and soul of this defense, if not the team. And yah, sometimes Christian's overflowing personality gets the best of him. But a good coach keeps his players in check even if it is a little embarassing for them. It's what makes him a good coach. And it's why his players respect and love him.

They know Dabo loves them. And they know he won't let them hurt themselves.

If the sports media wants a coach that will just let their players do whatever they want, I hear Jimbo Fisher has a new program he's managing.

#ALLIN

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sports media folk are a funny breed.

Nov 26, 2018, 9:35 PM

Jimbo’s good for headlines all day long.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 26, 2018, 9:52 PM

That was a lot of rambling, not sure of the point, but I think Sammy sat the entire Auburn game.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

do you want the twitter version?

Nov 26, 2018, 9:54 PM

"Dabo ain't the players' BFF. He's a coach. And coaches don't recite poetry on the sidelines."

If you missed the point,

Nov 26, 2018, 10:01 PM [ in reply to Re: Sports media folk are a funny breed. ]

you must have reading comprehension issues.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Nov 26, 2018, 9:58 PM

I thought Griese or the other guy said that was what was great about Dabo, doesn’t matter who you are he will chew your butt out, team leaders don’t get a break. Thought it was funny Christian took the butt chewing with yes sirs and then smiled at Dabo when he was done.

It's what respect looks like.

Nov 26, 2018, 10:03 PM

Respect is the middleground between fear and mutiny. Most other programs float on the polarities, but Dabo has managed to ride the center to perfection because of who he is.

It Was A Bogus Call

Nov 26, 2018, 10:03 PM

Upon review of the game recording and reflection, I hope that Dabo apologizes to Christian.

no.

Nov 26, 2018, 10:04 PM

regardless of whether the flag was warranted, it was needless antics THAT RESULTED IN A PENALTY.

Re: It Was A Bogus Call

Nov 26, 2018, 10:06 PM [ in reply to It Was A Bogus Call ]

It will get called more than not. Dabo has nothing to apologize for.

Not sure what the entire conversation was, but it looked

Nov 26, 2018, 10:12 PM [ in reply to It Was A Bogus Call ]

a little over the top.

I hate that stupid rule anyway. Who cares if he strike a Heisman pose. Let the players have a little fun NCAA. As a coach you have to teach it, because it could cost you a ballgame. But I hate the rule.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

100%****

Nov 26, 2018, 10:44 PM

Replies: 11
| visibility 2,319
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic