Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The ACC is just so bad this year it’s hard to watch
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

The ACC is just so bad this year it’s hard to watch

Oct 11, 2019, 11:15 PM

I hate that the league is down like this the first year they get their own network.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Definitely a down time

Oct 11, 2019, 11:45 PM

It seems to go in cycles for most conferences.

How FSU and Miami can be so bad is the biggest mystery to me.

FSU should be a top 10-15 team every yesr

Re: Definitely a down time

Oct 12, 2019, 6:54 AM

The last 5 years the ACC has a winning record vs the SEC on the field head to head. Going back the last 10 years it’s pretty close. Rivalry weekend has been dominated by the ACC recently.

I just don’t know where you SEC folks get that your conference is so much better. Other than the rankings which we all know are extremely flawed and biased you really have nothing to show that it is.

SEC is wayyy better this year

Oct 12, 2019, 9:40 AM

Not even remotely close. Take Clemson out of the ACC this year and its basically the AAC.

If LSU-FL has the same score tomorrow, all we'll hear is

Oct 11, 2019, 11:55 PM

what a great game between two great defensive teams!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Difference is just 30000 fans

Oct 12, 2019, 7:19 AM

Smaller schools is ACC perception problem. If USC played in a stadium with only 35000, they would never even be mentioned with that record. Its alumni size too which means clicks and eyeballs. See the B1G on that one also.

True. LA Memorial Coliseum holds about 78k***

Oct 12, 2019, 7:31 AM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

It Bottles the Mime that a school with a rich football

Oct 12, 2019, 9:17 AM [ in reply to Difference is just 30000 fans ]

history like the Canes were playing on national TV on a Thursday night, and there were nearly no fans in attendance. That is an embarrassment to them, and to the whole ACC at large. You can argue ACC vs SEC all day long, there is no doubt the SEC wins for fan loyalty and participation. (Us excepted, of course.)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It Bottles the Mime that a school with a rich football

Oct 12, 2019, 10:04 AM

miami has the contiual problem of their stadium being miles from campus.

....until it produces the National Champion. Again***

Oct 12, 2019, 7:41 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The ACC is just so bad this year it’s hard to watch

Oct 12, 2019, 9:53 AM

Based on the eye test I tend to agree but the SEC in general has a history of playing very weak out of conference games and then getting highly ranked for playing each other. Then come bowl season and having to play real out of conference teams they tank.

So I’m not sold that the SEC is dramatically better right now.

Florida only beat a horrible Miami team by 4 points. Tonight will tell a lot. Florida isn’t nearly as good as their ranking. If LSU really is that good they should beat Florida by at least 2 touchdowns.

You say Miami is horrible yet they just beat

Oct 12, 2019, 10:11 AM

Supposedly the 2nd best ACC team by 8. Miami is basically just as good as any other ACC team outside of Clemson. And that's a big problem because I agree with you that they are pretty bad.

Re: You say Miami is horrible yet they just beat

Oct 12, 2019, 10:34 AM

Then you agree the SEC is pretty bad considering their third best team was only able to beat Miami by 4 and Miami actually had a good chance to win that game right?

Oct 12, 2019, 10:46 AM

You can’t judge Florida by that one game alone. By that logic, we aren’t any better than UNC because we only beat them by one. That makes no sense. Of coarse we are a much better team that didn’t play well that day, just like Florida against Miami.

florida is the 4th best sec team

Oct 12, 2019, 10:48 AM [ in reply to Re: You say Miami is horrible yet they just beat ]

If they beat lsu they will jump to third best

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 12, 2019, 4:00 PM [ in reply to Re: You say Miami is horrible yet they just beat ]

The SEC is so dominant that the team that lost to UNC just beat their second best team. This is why conference comparisons are so dumb and impossible to objectionably prove.

Re: The ACC is just so bad this year it’s hard to watch

Oct 12, 2019, 10:39 AM

I hate that the league is down like this the first year they get their own network.

But not as bad as Tennessee, Arkansas or UofSC so the ACC has that going for them

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic