Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
VA Tech Strengths vs. Weaknesses
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

VA Tech Strengths vs. Weaknesses

Dec 1, 2016, 3:05 PM

What does everyone think about VA Tech?

I had not watched any of their games until this week. I started browsing youtube to see what I could tell. I have been impressed by the play of their wide receivers. They seem to have highlight catch after highlight catch and they are quite tall. The tight end #45 certainly seemed to be able to make a catch when they needed it.

As for weaknesses, I thought the QB was rather inaccurate on many throws and tends to just loft it up to his guys and the defense was consistently shredded up the middle.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just how tall are they??***

Dec 1, 2016, 3:05 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Just how tall are they??***

Dec 1, 2016, 3:09 PM

They have one that is 6-7 and a couple at 6-4

If they're as tall as Logan Thomas, we're in trouble.***

Dec 1, 2016, 4:12 PM [ in reply to Just how tall are they??*** ]

Re: VA Tech Strengths vs. Weaknesses

Dec 1, 2016, 3:23 PM

Their WR's are a strength, but Evans probably won't have much time to throw. Only way VA Tech makes it a game is if he can make plays with his legs. On the other side of the ball, you have to give Foster some credit. He'll probably show 5 or 6 different looks, and Watson will have to make good decisions.

Dec 1, 2016, 3:24 PM

Strengths - they have a tremendous dog breeding program.

Weaknesses - they can't vote

Is this a Mike Vick joke? Because the dog fighting ring

Dec 1, 2016, 4:05 PM

started a couple years after he attended VT.

Also, he served his time, paid off all his debt, and still to this day is speaking out against animal cruelty. He is widely regarded as the shining example of making the most of a second chance.

Lets stick to football.

Any other topics we aren't allowed to cover

Dec 1, 2016, 4:10 PM

On our board? Thanks I will hang up and listen

Tia

My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.

You can cover any topic you want. And I will correct

Dec 1, 2016, 4:11 PM

any topic you cover wrong.

You mean incorrectly?***

Dec 1, 2016, 4:15 PM

My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.

Who

Dec 1, 2016, 4:53 PM [ in reply to You can cover any topic you want. And I will correct ]

do
you
think
you
are
?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Re: Is this a Mike Vick joke? Because the dog fighting ring

Dec 1, 2016, 5:13 PM [ in reply to Is this a Mike Vick joke? Because the dog fighting ring ]

Whoa someone is ultra-sensitive!

Take it easy Monica... it was a joke. I laughed

Dec 1, 2016, 3:28 PM

Their wr's and te are the strength of their offense for sure. We should be able to run against them. I think we win by 10-14 points. What baffles me is how they lost to Syracuse and GT?

Dec 1, 2016, 4:01 PM

It's baffling to us how we lost to them as well. It's been a very good year for us overall but with a new coach, new system.....a team that's use to going 7-6.....getting over the mentality of playing down to your opponent can sometimes be hard to overcome.

I have no idea what to expect on Saturday night. If we lose by 30, I won't be shocked. If we win, while I'd be surprised, I won't be shocked. Our offense is nothing like what we've had over the past 28 years which is a good thing. On defense, this is not one of Bud Foster's most talented teams. LB play is suspect and I would think that's something you guys will exploit. But Foster's done more with less on many occasions over his tenure.

Glad we're back in the ACCCG and I love the trajectory of our program but it's gonna take a huge effort and some luck for us to win Saturday night.

Let's give Boulware's Jersey to Sidy Djitte (on

Dec 1, 2016, 3:32 PM

selected downs) and let him guard VaTech's 6'7" TE....I don't think anyone would notice...??

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think they're a decent team all round,

Dec 1, 2016, 5:07 PM

just not nearly as polished and efficient as we are. We don't give them the game, we'll win relatively easily. We Don't play our game, they'll make us pay.

Watch out for the sandman!***

Dec 1, 2016, 5:19 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 1, 2016, 7:13 PM

IMO - VT's biggest strength is their new coach. I respect his ability to coach. He will make VT a competitive team in time. Unfortunately, that time is not NOW.

CLEMSON rolls VPI and moves on to real competition.

I hope I covered that RIGHT. I don't like being corrected by people that know very little of which they speak.

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic