Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Is there a www site NCAA probation reports?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

Is there a www site NCAA probation reports?

Jan 9, 2014, 9:25 AM

I have some gamecock fans at work who say our probation was the worst in history beside SMU. But I am very familiar with Clemson's 81 NCAA probation report it and largely involved 2 recruits who never attended Clemson. No comparison to SMU. I would just like to read other reports, especially from SMU and USuCk to see how they compare. I'd like to show them they were just a guilty when they get back from picking up trash in the parking lot.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Is there a www site NCAA probation reports?

Jan 9, 2014, 9:26 AM

If it is on the NCAA site, it is buried deep b/c I cannot find it.

Jan 9, 2014, 9:42 AM

https://web1.ncaa.org/LSDBi/exec/miSearch

2009_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 9, 2014, 9:47 AM

Excellent! I have a new favorite bookmark!

Here you go

Jan 9, 2014, 9:42 AM

Rules violations[edit]

Member schools pledge to follow the rules promulgated by the NCAA. Creation of a mechanism to enforce the NCAA's legislation occurred in 1952 after careful consideration by the membership.
Allegations of rules violations are referred to the NCAA's investigative staff. A preliminary investigation* is initiated to determine if an official inquiry is warranted and to categorize any resultant violations as secondary or major. If several violations are found, the NCAA may determine that the school as a whole has exhibited a "lack of institutional control." The institution involved is notified promptly and may appear in its own behalf before the NCAA Committee on Infractions.
Findings of the Committee on Infractions and the resultant sanctions in major cases are reported to the institution. Sanctions will generally include having the institution placed on "probation" for a period of time, in addition to other penalties. The institution may appeal the findings or sanctions to an appeals committee. After considering written reports and oral presentations by representatives of the Committee on Infractions and the institution, the committee acts on the appeal. Action may include accepting the infractions committee's findings and penalty, altering either, or making its own findings and imposing an appropriate penalty.
In cases of particularly egregious misconduct, the NCAA has the power to ban a school from participating in a particular sport, a penalty known as the "Death Penalty". Since 1985, any school that commits major violations during the probationary period can be banned from the sport involved for up to two years. However, when the NCAA opts not to issue a death penalty for a repeat violation, it must explain why it didn't do so. This penalty has only been imposed three times in its modern form, most notably when Southern Methodist University's football team had its 1987 season canceled due to massive rules violations dating back more than a decade. SMU opted not to field a team in 1988 as well due to the aftershocks from the sanctions, and the program has never recovered; it has only two winning seasons and one bowl appearance since then. The devastating effect the death penalty had on SMU has reportedly made the NCAA skittish about issuing another one. Since the SMU case, there are only three instances where the NCAA has seriously considered imposing it against a Division I school; it imposed it against Division II Morehouse College's men's soccer team in 2003 and Division III MacMurray College's men's tennis team in 2005.
Additionally, in particularly egregious cases of rules violations, coaches, athletic directors and athletic support staff can be barred from working for any NCAA member school without permission from the NCAA. This procedure is known as a "show-cause penalty" (not to be confused with an order to show cause in the legal sense).[33] Theoretically, a school can hire someone with a "show cause" on their record during the time the show cause order is in effect only with permission from the NCAA Infractions Committee. The school assumes the risks and stigma of hiring such a person. It may then end up being sanctioned by the NCAA and the Infractions Committee for their choice, possibly losing athletic scholarships, revenue from schools who would not want to compete with that other school, and the ability for their games to be televised, along with restrictions on recruitment and practicing times. As a result, a show-cause order usually has the effect of blackballing individuals from being hired for the duration of the order.
Division I FBS institutions on probation[edit]
The following Division I Football Bowl Subdivision institutions are currently on probation by the NCAA in one or more sports:[34][full citation needed][35]
Institution Sport(s) Expiry
Boise State University Football, Men's Indoor & Outdoor Track, Men's Tennis, Women's Indoor & Outdoor Track, Women's Tennis September 12, 2014
Eastern Michigan University Women's Basketball September 30, 2014
University of Southern California Football, Men's Basketball, Women's Tennis 2014
University of South Carolina Football 2014 [36]
University of Central Florida Football 2014 season (postponed from 2013)
Baylor University Men's Basketball & Women's Basketball April 10, 2015
Georgia Institute of Technology Football, Men's Basketball July 13, 2015
Ohio State University Football 2015
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Football 2015
University of Oregon Football June 25, 2016
University of Southern Mississippi Men's Tennis January 29, 2017
Pennsylvania State University Football 2017
University of Miami Football, Men's Basketball 2017

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Collegiate_Athletic_Association

Are you old enough to remember the Coots' steriod scandel

Jan 9, 2014, 11:10 AM

of the '80's?

Here you go
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/University_of_South_Carolina_steroid_scandal

A high school friend's older brother played at Usc back then

Jan 9, 2014, 11:38 AM

and freely admits that he took steroids during that time. Think he has had some health issues most of his life as a result.

Jan 9, 2014, 11:24 AM

The Clemson write up in Sports Illustrated after the 81 Champ was scathing and sounds terrible. I am not sure the NCAA punishment came close to the damage the SI article did after that Nat Champ.

You can google it or wait a bit and you will have coots posting it all over this site until it gets deleted

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

CU's violations mostly involved players who never actually

Jan 9, 2014, 11:28 AM

attended Clemson. The 2 worst signed with Tennessee, but after Tenn coerced them into making statements about CU, they later tried to say that Tenn threw them under the bus when they didn't make the team as I recall.

Jan 9, 2014, 11:40 AM

Here is a link to it

https://web1.ncaa.org/LSDBi/exec/miSearch?miSearchSubmit=publicReport&key=369&publicTerms=THIS%20PHRASE%20WILL%20NOT%20BE%20REPEATED.

Jan 9, 2014, 11:50 AM

Can you tell me how you make the inference that those 2 were the only ones involved after reading the report? Also which University in the state of South Carolina was put on probation in the 80's for steroid use?

Why do you spend everyday here? And by the way...

Jan 9, 2014, 12:01 PM

..COACHES were found to be giving players steroids at USuC.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1067916/

Does it make you feel better that the NCAA didn't put you on probation for it?

Re: Why do you spend everyday here? And by the way...

Jan 9, 2014, 1:37 PM

Nope, embarassed by it and don't make excuses for it like some fanbases.

Re: Why do you spend everyday here? And by the way...

Jan 9, 2014, 1:50 PM

http://www.nytimes.com/1990/06/01/sports/clemson-on-probation.html

Seriously though, why do you come on here?***

Jan 9, 2014, 1:51 PM [ in reply to Re: Why do you spend everyday here? And by the way... ]

Tell 'em coot

Jan 9, 2014, 1:50 PM [ in reply to Re: Is there a www site NCAA probation reports? ]

USCheat

Re: Tell 'em coot

Jan 9, 2014, 1:55 PM

In January 1985, Sports Illustrated published an article on steroid and other prescription drug abuse in athletic programs at Clemson University which came to light following the death of a world-class track athlete at the school. The article, titled "A Pipeline Full of Drugs" and written by Sports Illustrated's Bill Brubaker, alleged the widespread use of illegally obtained prescription drugs, including steroids, in a number of programs at the university.[1] Following the article, several Clemson coaches were indicted and pleaded guilty to charges of illegal prescription drug distribution, and the scandal ultimately led to the resignation of these coaches, the athletic director, the head of campus police, and the university's president.

Re: Tell 'em coot

Jan 9, 2014, 3:07 PM [ in reply to Tell 'em coot ]

It's really cold here right now so golf and boating are out and y'all are really funny. How about you?

Jan 9, 2014, 2:08 PM

http://clemsonwiki.com/wiki/Bill_McLellan

I can't imagine spending time on a chicken board.***

Jan 9, 2014, 2:16 PM

so.... George was clean? Rob Deboer didn't happen?

Jan 9, 2014, 2:21 PM

Didn't you have a school President do Federal time.

Seriously dude, go buy a horse, live in the mountains, and don't bother anybody. Your school and program have Zero room to belittle another program.

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic