Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Is the next Tua at Georgia or Clemson? (espn)
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

Is the next Tua at Georgia or Clemson? (espn)

Aug 15, 2018, 5:22 PM

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/24375053/true-freshmen-justin-fields-trevor-lawrence-compete-starting-qb-job

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Is the next Tua at Georgia or Clemson? (espn)

Aug 15, 2018, 6:02 PM

tua is his own person and dabs won't wait til the second half of the national championship game to put trevor in

90-17

Aug 15, 2018, 6:38 PM

Tell 'em coot

Aug 15, 2018, 6:08 PM

It's going to be interesting to see how UGA manages their QB room. Fromm is elite, but it's going to be hard to keep Fields off the field. 2 QB system maybe? KB is the man right now, but if we ever need an offensive Spark will TL's # be called? Will Dabo pull KB for a true freshman?

Aug 15, 2018, 6:14 PM

I lost you at Jake Fromm is elite.

Aug 15, 2018, 6:23 PM

I mean hes better than kb

Fromm:
Pass completions:181 pass attempts:291 completion percentage:62.2 passing yards:2615 yards per attempt:9.0 td:24 int:7 passer rating: 160.1

KB:
pass completions:262 pass attempts:398 completion percentage:65.8 passing yards:2802 yards per attempt: 7.0 td:13 int:8 passer rating:131.7

Nobody said KB is elite you coot. You need to worry about your subpar QB.***

Aug 15, 2018, 6:27 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 15, 2018, 6:43 PM [ in reply to Re: Is the next Tua at Georgia or Clemson? (espn) ]

Wondering where you ever got the idea that this fan base is pumping about KB being elite (hint that 1/2 or more of our fan base is raving about benching him for a true freshman)? Also where in my post did I bring up KB? Jake Fromm was 100% MEDIOCRE as a QB against a garbage SEC East. Notre Dame dominated him, Auburn dominated him, and Alabama dominated him. The only teams that had a pulse on defense that was on UGA's schedule and that's with 2 of the best RB's in the country, having one of the biggest OL's blocking for you as well. No he is not ELITE. He's sub par to average as an individual and I would be shocked if Fields didn't take him over sooner than later.

Aug 15, 2018, 6:55 PM

lol that's what you call mediocre? Fromm had one of the most efficient freshman seasons in the last decade. He threw for 2,615 yards and 26 touchdowns with a 168.2 passer ranking.

Aug 15, 2018, 6:48 PM [ in reply to Re: Is the next Tua at Georgia or Clemson? (espn) ]

He doesn't have a National Championship ring though ... like KB .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Aug 16, 2018, 8:24 AM [ in reply to Re: Is the next Tua at Georgia or Clemson? (espn) ]

I mean if KB had the luxury of playing against the SEC least this would be a different story..

Look at their stat lines against the coots

Fromm--16/22 196 yards 2 TD

KB--23/34 272 yards, 2 TD, 1 INT

Aug 16, 2018, 8:32 AM

The only thing that stat line shows is Fromm passed less, but was more accurate and didn't have an int. Such damning evidence you've provided LOL

Aug 15, 2018, 6:14 PM

Am I the only person on this planet that felt like Tua didn't have a crazy performance that should've been praised like this? 1 TD was an accident with Ridley making it look good when the intended receiver was missed, another was a blown coverage wide open throw. His scramble first down was pretty nice I will admit but if it wasn't for blown coverage him running full steam the wrong way in OT putting them out of FG position they would've lost the game. I think it was more UGA doing bad than Tua doing good.

Aug 15, 2018, 6:25 PM

That wasn't blown coverage. Tua looked off the safety and held him in the middle of the field.

Whiiiiich is the definition of blown coverage***

Aug 15, 2018, 6:42 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It wasn't blown coverage he just didn't cover*****

Aug 15, 2018, 6:44 PM

Re: It wasn't blown coverage he just didn't cover*****

Aug 15, 2018, 6:45 PM

Because he blew his assignment

As for me

Aug 15, 2018, 10:55 PM

I’d rather have the next DW4.

Aug 15, 2018, 11:21 PM [ in reply to Re: Is the next Tua at Georgia or Clemson? (espn) ]

I wouldn't say he had a crazy performance but for a freshman in those circumstances it was pretty dang good. A huge upgrade over Jalen Hurts.

He was 14/24 for 166 yards, 3 tds and 1 int.

3 TDs in one half of football is pretty impressive. UGAs pass defense was suspect. Baker torched them too.

The kid kept his eyes downfield. Had a pretty good pocket presence and he could sling the ball and attack deep with good accuracy. I hate it because bama has been so hard to beat with below average qb play. Their defense and special teams are always some of the best. Having an aggressive offense makes them pretty scary imo.

At the minimum Tua is going to be more than a game manager like so many bama qb's before him.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you gave me Tua or TL

Aug 15, 2018, 11:00 PM

I would choose Lawrence 1,000 times more. Tua wishes he were as good as Lawrence.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic