Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Finish Strong: Tigers are fueled by pain of last year's loss in title game
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,933

New Story: Finish Strong: Tigers are fueled by pain of last year's loss in title game

Dec 2, 2016, 7:01 PM

Finish Strong: Tigers are fueled by pain of last year's loss in title game

Finish strong. Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney was asked Friday about a headline that he would write for his team to describe this season, and he said it would be all about finishing strong.
Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Finish Strong: Tigers are fueled by pain of last year's loss in title game

Dec 2, 2016, 8:02 PM

:)

Is the following really a direct quote?

Dec 2, 2016, 8:10 PM

"That’s what everybody that’s what the last headline is everybody going to remember is that last one"

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message.

Re: Is the following really a direct quote?

Dec 2, 2016, 8:39 PM

Lol, good catch. I can hardly read it. Not to mention comprehend it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Is the following really a direct quote?

Dec 2, 2016, 8:52 PM [ in reply to Is the following really a direct quote? ]

I hope not. The second sentence in the last paragraph is just as confusing. Luv Dabo, but ain't real fond of all all his ain't s

The pieces are put together haphazardly

Dec 3, 2016, 9:43 AM [ in reply to Is the following really a direct quote? ]

And I don't mean to be critical. I don't. But before a career change last year, I was a writer on the local, regional, and sometimes national scale for 30 years. Mistakes are easily made. Trust me, I know.

The quotes are long, which they in themselves can easily be broken up. Words already "used" should be avoided since it's already "used" up. Need an editor to tidy up unreadable (even if direct) quotes, punctuation, and previously "used" words/phrases.

For example:

Dabo says he believes the Tigers will have a great year. (key words: believe/believes; phrase "have a great year")
"I believe we're going to have a great year," he said. "More quote that goes on and on..."

Seems I've read the quote already. Why do I want to read it again? Give me something new that is found in the "on and on" part of the quote.

I simply skip the intro graphs and read the direct quotes.

Anyway, I'm thankful we have a site to read about what's going on even if we have to read it twice in back-to-back graphs. The guys and gals here work hard, anyone can easily see that.

Go Tigers!

David, enjoy & respect your writing

Dec 3, 2016, 10:45 AM

Still not sure this year's team has "played with pain of last year's title loss". In fact, I believe this team is so uber talented at offensive skill positions they have often played bored ... now they have flipped the switch after Pitt loss.

I believe they will be very ready today.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,933
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic