Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Is the ACC in danger of being dropped?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

Is the ACC in danger of being dropped?

Oct 28, 2019, 8:42 AM

Due to the rapid decline of the ACC in football, anybody else worried that the NCAA might drop the ACC from the "Power Five" to the "Group of Five" [in football only] -- with the AAC as a possible replacement?

This would be a terrible scenario for Clemson, as it would make it incredibly difficult for us to make it to the CFP every year. I hope Swofford is on top of this developing situation.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: Is the ACC in danger of being dropped?

Oct 28, 2019, 8:43 AM

No. Thats silly.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No ... because

Oct 28, 2019, 8:44 AM

basketball.

Duh!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All hail the HBIC of the RAG!

Oct 28, 2019, 8:47 AM

And I was only referring to football; obviously the ACC is Power Five in bassetball.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh look. Bob's panda ring to wimmin

Oct 28, 2019, 10:14 AM

agin

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Re: No ... because

Oct 28, 2019, 8:56 AM [ in reply to No ... because ]

We seem to forget that these same scenarios played out during the bcs time frame.It was a cluster then and still is until the cup starts with a much better less bias,in my opinion, system.Clemson could very well be one or two in the first cfp if they continue to win

Oct 28, 2019, 8:45 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Oct 28, 2019, 8:46 AM

I don't think there is any question we could. A conference team will have to have won a national championship in say like the last five years ......oh wait!

On the other hand a team that has not won a national championship, say in over 120 years, should drop to the FCS level.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 28, 2019, 8:52 AM

No.

Oct 28, 2019, 9:05 AM

I don’t believe the terms Power 5 and Group of 5 are NCAA terms. In the NCAA schools are either BCS or FCS.

If that happened, Clemson would enjoy success as an independent...

Oct 28, 2019, 9:02 AM

like BYU.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Oct 28, 2019, 9:14 AM

And then make the power 4 conference champs the auto bids for playoff and do away with the committee, conference title games effectively quarterfinals.

I could see this.

Oct 28, 2019, 9:20 AM

Given the fact that the ACC has won, what, 3 of the last 5 national championships...I don't think so.

You make a good case...

Oct 28, 2019, 9:22 AM

fingers crossed the NCAA takes this into consideration when making a decision

and you just received your 1,000 TU!!!!

Oct 28, 2019, 9:41 AM [ in reply to Re: Is the ACC in danger of being dropped? ]

congratulations.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 28, 2019, 9:21 AM

Lets see, in the last 6 years -

ACC titles 3
SEC titles 2
B10 titles 1
P12 titles 0
B12 titles 0

Teams making the playoff:
ACC 2
SEC 2
B10 2
P12 2
B12 1

Oct 28, 2019, 9:41 AM

Thank you. People get so caught up in the narrative of the ACC being everyone's little brother they forget the facts. 1) Big 10 might be the most overrated conference ever on a yearly basis 2) Big 12 still has not figured out "Defense" despite riveting media analysis 3) Pac 12... Lol 4) SEC is fairly strong at the top (Bama, LSU, UF, UGA, Auburn, Tx A&M) and that is impressive, but they still all play second fiddle to Alabama until proven otherwise. We have proven that Alabama is far from invincible

Oct 28, 2019, 10:15 AM

The ACC's problem is that we do not have a "faux" challenger (B10) or an actual challenger (SEC) to the favorite. SEC is mid-upper heavy but 6 of the 14 teams have a losing record compared to 2 of 14 for the ACC. The ACC's problem is that we have 9 teams that are 5-3 or 4-4, 10 if you consider VT somehow at 5-2 (hey that Duke loss counts twice).

If we had a 2017 Miami, 2015 UNC or even a half-way healthy FSU, then the point would be moot.

Here is an actual picture of the ACC Coastal Race:

Oct 28, 2019, 9:45 AM

You are kidding, right?

Last time I checked the ACC had won the CFP 3 of the last 6 years.

Perhaps discuss the Pac 12 or Big 12 being dropped first.

Oct 28, 2019, 9:49 AM

The OP might be a little SHORT-sighted in his analysis of what a P5 conference looks like.

Oct 28, 2019, 9:59 AM

User Logo
cutigerbob®
Hall of Famer [23717]
TigerPulse: 100%
Is the ACC in danger of being dropped? [7]
Posted: Oct 28, 2019 8:42 AM

Due to the rapid decline of the ACC in football, anybody else worried that the NCAA might drop the ACC from the "Power Five" to the "Group of Five" [in football only] -- with the AAC as a possible replacement?

This would be a terrible scenario for Clemson, as it would make it incredibly difficult for us to make it to the CFP every year. I hope Swofford is on top of this developing situation.

HOPEFULLY SOME OF YOU ARE TRYING TO BE FUNNY, CUTE, WHATEVER WORD YOU WANT TO USE. HOW DO SOME OF YOU FUNCTION IN THE REAL WORLD.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is there someplace you all could go and wank each other’s

Oct 28, 2019, 10:06 AM

cranks for the next couple months?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree. OP really is the worst

Oct 28, 2019, 10:21 AM

crank wanker

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Oct 28, 2019, 10:07 AM

Let me answer this with facts - the NCAA has NOTHING to do with Power 5, Group of 5 lingo. Look through all of their rules, documentation etc. The Power 5 and Group of 5 nomenclature is sports media origin and has crept its way into the CFP committee. But the NCAA as a sanctioning body recognizes no such hierarchy. From Alabama to Akron, to NCAA they are all equal.

Oct 28, 2019, 10:08 AM

That's ESPN,s goal. They are out to get us.

nope.

Oct 28, 2019, 10:15 AM

the smaller they are, the softer they fall

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic