Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
CU Golf - What shape is it in? Rebuilding? Used to be
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 2,108

CU Golf - What shape is it in? Rebuilding? Used to be

Apr 8, 2015, 2:19 PM

a perennial top 10.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: CU Golf - What shape is it in? Rebuilding? Used to be

Apr 8, 2015, 2:21 PM

Honestly we should have been through rebuilding now and on the up swing. We had several players leave early that really set us back and we were playing very young. I expected that youth to step up starting this season but it looks like we have regressed. Hopefully we can turn things around soon.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Apr 8, 2015, 2:25 PM

I've said this before, but in my opinion Penley retired on the job years ago. Recruiting has dropped off, particularly in state, and when they do get a good player in, that player regresses. Sam Saunders is a good example. He almost won on the Tour a few weeks ago, and his junior year at Clemson, he was hardly used. Billy Kennerly, our best player this year, was hardly used at all last year. Baseball isn't the only sport that needs a change.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 8, 2015, 2:34 PM

Good grief

Apr 8, 2015, 2:35 PM [ in reply to Re: CU Golf - What shape is it in? Rebuilding? Used to be ]

Used to know a college coach who told me the state had one of the best a mature programs. He said CU would like tap that and say strong. Now this was a few years ago maybe something changed.

Seems once we got some guys on tour and better facilities the program got complacent or lost its edge.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 8, 2015, 3:10 PM

In recent years, USuC has gotten the best in state players, and they are ranked in the top five.

Apr 28, 2015, 9:42 PM [ in reply to Re: CU Golf - What shape is it in? Rebuilding? Used to be ]

You continue to be an idiot. You have no idea what you are talking about. You act like you know everything about our golf program and you know absolutely nothing. I've heard Saunders was a pain in Penley's butt and he couldn't make the top 5 when he was benched. Why else would he not play hiim? I guess you don't think the job the golf team did at the ACC's this past weekend was anything special. All they did was beat the number one ranked team in the country and took the number 9 team to the wire. Coach Penley should coach as long as he wishes.......

Is that you Coach Penley? ;-)***

Apr 28, 2015, 9:59 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Is that you Coach Penley? ;-)***

Apr 29, 2015, 7:47 PM

Funny smart@@@. No, but have met him and several of his former players. The work they continue to do deserves more respect than off beat comments.

Losing Kennerly and Crawford Reeves didn't help things.

Apr 8, 2015, 3:15 PM

Those young men can play.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 29, 2015, 8:33 PM

Most of the teams are not doing as well as 5 to 10 years ago.Coaching is not the only issue in our sports programs

Replies: 10
| visibility 2,108
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic