Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Is it too much for people to look at the name "Clemson"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Is it too much for people to look at the name "Clemson"

Apr 13, 2018, 2:12 PM

and pronounce it the way it looks? It isn't like the word "viola" where it looks nothing like it sounds, nope Clemson is pretty standard. Its broken down exactly the way you'd think it'd be. I know the new women's basketball coach will get there but am I the only one that cringes like nails on a chalkboard when someone says "Clemzen".

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes***

Apr 13, 2018, 2:19 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: Is it too much for people to look at the name "Clemson"

Apr 13, 2018, 2:19 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

^^^^^^^^^Dead on^^^^^^^

Apr 13, 2018, 2:36 PM

I hear the missing "P" far more than the missing "Z"

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

THIS!! The P some people insert is a far bigger problem

Apr 13, 2018, 8:14 PM [ in reply to Re: Is it too much for people to look at the name "Clemson" ]

than the Z.

It’s Clemson. No P, no Z.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Apr 13, 2018, 2:35 PM

You aren’t the only one. I heard Clemzun out of her mouth 3 times and that’s all I could take. She seems like a real nice lady, she truly does, but she’s gotta work on that.

Is there any word in the English language that's pronounced

Apr 13, 2018, 2:35 PM

the same by everyone?

Let's hope she gets the most important one right

Apr 13, 2018, 2:39 PM

Win

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

Apr 13, 2018, 2:38 PM

She can be forgiven once, but somebody needs to sit her down and help her get it right. I liked her focus, her obvious gratitude and the instant recognition of what makes Clemson a unique place all around.

She obviously knows her mistakes and has matured from the experience at UF and the last year. I believe she also recognizes the challenges ahead in the near future. It will be interesting to see who she retains and who she hires, but recruiting is the bedrock of her quest to succeed. I wish her luck.

Go Tigers!

Apr 13, 2018, 2:49 PM

It doesn't Bother me much at all. As a native southerner and product of SC schools I feel certain that there are words and names I unknowingly mispronounce. It frankly bothers me as much when someone puts a p in the middle of Clemson.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I heard her pronounce it several different ways ........I

Apr 13, 2018, 2:44 PM

think she may be one of those PC'ers that was just trying to appease every faction of Tigernet.

Re: I heard her pronounce it several different ways ........I

Apr 13, 2018, 3:21 PM

I respectfully disagree. She came to Clemson in HS and before the interview likely did not pay attention to pronouncing the word properly. I too heard three versions, but even our national sports media is all over the place. Trust me when I say any number of staff will set her straight fairly quickly!

She still has that Tennessee accent even today! Other than “Clemson” I liked what else I heard.

Go Tigers!

How does one pronounce "viola"

Apr 13, 2018, 3:30 PM

I don't get it ... viola seems pretty clear to me?

Did you mean voila?

“Clemson wasn’t that much better with Trevor Lawrence, if at all.”

Re: How does one pronounce "viola"

Apr 13, 2018, 9:37 PM

was gonna ask this, as well. Maybe he meant "wallah " - whatever that is.. I am not the grammar police by any means, but now that I hear "wallah" in things like tv shows and commercials everyday like its a real word it drives me nuts.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I am actually one of the "P'ers...

Apr 13, 2018, 3:38 PM

because otherwise I can't avoid the "Z" sound.

i will take "Clemzen" over "Climpson" anyday

Apr 13, 2018, 3:40 PM

Of course I would most like for it to be pronounced correctly

Re: i will take "Clemzen" over "Climpson" anyday

Apr 13, 2018, 5:33 PM

I heard it so much i made it my TWEETER handle.

Apr 13, 2018, 4:38 PM

There's just not a good example to give people, because nothing rhymes with Clemson. For that matter i don't think anything rhymes with Orange or Purple either. Coincidence? I think not. Prevenient Oculus.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Where does the R sound come from in colonel?*****

Apr 13, 2018, 9:45 PM

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic