Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Folks, whatever you think should happen,
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Folks, whatever you think should happen,

May 31, 2015, 12:23 AM

I have to say I have enjoyed watching a winning team play quality baseball, often well into the postseason, since I started paying attention 13 years ago.
There have definitely been some lower spots than I would have liked, but Clemson Tiger baseball has been consistently high acvieving in the classroom, never creating embarrassment off the field, and has represented my alma mater honorably.
I'm sorry our team lost tonight. Honestly, i gave up on them weeks ago, yet they swept Fl St, beat the #3 team in Louisville, and scored a spot in the regional. A nice surprise given where we sat just 17 days ago.
I am not smart enough to argue for or against Jack, but i appreciate what he has done and the class act teams he has led over the years.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Folks, whatever you think should happen,

May 31, 2015, 12:56 AM

2014-2015 0-2 Fullerton, CA (Did not advance)

2013-2014 0-2 Nashville, TN (Did not advance)

2012-2013 1-2 Columbia, SC (Did not advance)

2011-2012 1-2 Columbia, SC (Did not advance)

2010-2011 2-2 Clemson, SC (Did not advance)

ENOUGH SAID! GOODBYE JACK

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^^^^enough said***

May 31, 2015, 1:21 AM

Is it though? The entire point of my post seems to

May 31, 2015, 11:15 AM [ in reply to Re: Folks, whatever you think should happen, ]

have evaded your understanding.
If we were talking pro ball, then it all comes down to Ws and Ls as an evaluation of results.
When a coach is raising high school boys to be well representing college men, there is more to take into account.
Whether Jack has done well enough over all is not represented by your post.
Dabo has been incredible not bc of Ws and Ls, but the wins combined with his teams' performance in the classroomand as Clemson representatives off the field.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Is it though? The entire point of my post seems to

May 31, 2015, 11:24 AM

You have to keep in mind who is posting and what they are accustomed to

Have you seen our facilities and our attendance stats over

May 31, 2015, 1:39 PM [ in reply to Is it though? The entire point of my post seems to ]

the years? You talk like we are Charleston Southern or Newberry. Our players choose between Clemson and pro baseball. There are few Single & Double A minor league teams with facilities as nice as ours. Only FSU has been to the CWS more times than us and not won it. We are considered a premier college baseball program. The HC makes over half a million dollars a year. At this level it's about 2 things - W's & L's and championships.

http://www.collegebaseballdaily.com/2013/07/26/top-10-college-baseball-stadiums-7-doug-kingsmore-park-clemson/

null

Why does appreciating a consistently disciplined (off the field! ),

May 31, 2015, 2:37 PM

high academic performing, and post season making baseball coach relate to Charleston Southern or Newberry?

Also, I am one who does find a college education at my alma mater valvuable, so I'm unclear or the intent of you A/AA remark..
And what makes us a premier team? Certainly a consistent loser would not fit the bill.

All of your points seem to suggest that it is well run over the years. It may not have the final results you want. I do not argue some of the glaring defects not do I resist change. But I am able to appreciate a clean program that has performed well enough for you to deem premier.

Message was edited by: soywaker®

null

you obviously never set foot in the team clubhouse

May 31, 2015, 2:42 PM [ in reply to Have you seen our facilities and our attendance stats over ]

the one that is now being renovated for the first time since 1989. That's Nineteen Eighty Nine. It was horrific, scrunched in under the first base grandstands. There are probably 25 high schools in SC that have better facilities. They ate pre-game meals on a ping-pong table, the only table in the entire room, as it wasn't big enough to hold anything else. The "medical room" was a bench over in the corner about 5 feet away from the ping-pong table to get pre-game wraps and such. A couch and two chairs for 35 kids to watch TV and relax in their "Lounge".

At least THAT is going to improve by about an infinite amount next season.

Yeah, the field is nice, and the spectator amenities. Not sure if that holds a candle with recruiting like a nice locker room and player lounge does.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: you obviously never set foot in the team clubhouse

May 31, 2015, 4:11 PM

clemson baseball

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I loved the aluminum bleacher lighting

May 31, 2015, 4:45 PM

very kitschy.

That one room will be replaced with:
dining room with seating for the entire team
TV/game lounge
study area
full medical room with a whirlpool
washer/dryer room (formerly done in Jervey)
team meeting room with theater seating (also can be used for media events)
plus a museum HOF room for much of the memorabilia

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 31, 2015, 1:44 PM [ in reply to Is it though? The entire point of my post seems to ]

It's all about wins and losses . This is big time college athletics not the pee wee league.

May 31, 2015, 2:31 PM

Youre right. But some teams wish it were the pee wees. That way they all get in

A reasonable voice on TigerNet?! Awesome for a change

May 31, 2015, 11:31 AM

Very good post.

You would have really enjoyed before 13 yrs.***

May 31, 2015, 1:16 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, I bet I would have. I didn't discover the joy of

May 31, 2015, 2:43 PM

baseball fandom until my daughter was born and we would sit in the rocking chair and listen to every game. Great season too, unfortunatly ended with the 2 losses in CWS (2002). Bet we find our joys in our own time I suppose.
Cheers!

null

lol the past 10 years we have had a team with poor

May 31, 2015, 1:55 PM

fundamentals. We blew 4 chances to play for the CWS title in 2006 and 2010 with errors on routine plays and poor base running. If there has been a team over the past 5 to 10 years with worse hitting than Clemson with 0 outs and bases loaded I want to know who it is.

TNET has wayyy too many whippersnappers like you with zero historical context. From the late 70s till the early 90s we had one of the best overall athletic programs in the ACC. We won National championships in football, two in soccer, many baseball CWS trips, and a golf team that went something like 12+ consecutive years in the NCAA tournament with top 5 finishes, most years top 3, and a national title.

null

Re: lol the past 10 years we have had a team with poor

May 31, 2015, 3:00 PM

I'm not a whippersnapper and have a good historical context. Have had season tickets for 25+ years. I appreciate Jack and the program. I've been to the CWS three times. I just am not going to hate on my team or its coach.

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic