Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Is it possible to do away with Conferences?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 818

Is it possible to do away with Conferences?

Dec 10, 2018, 4:50 PM

Since SOS is always bantered about and the TV money gets split with Schools that aren't always dedicated to football. Why not a centralized system to schedule and provide officials Nationally? Let TV pay and put on who they want.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Is it possible to do away with Conferences?

Dec 10, 2018, 5:39 PM

I think that would have to involve the P5 breaking away from the NCAA and creating their own league with their own TV rights.

Group Of 5 Question

Dec 10, 2018, 5:43 PM

To answer your question; IDK. I suppose it is plausible. Too much money to be lost in CCG and conference supremacy marketing though. But, maybe.

If the group of 5 teams can't realistically go to a playoff game; then what are they playing for? FCS and P5 teams are the only teams playing college football in other words who can actually be champions right?

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 10, 2018, 5:54 PM [ in reply to Re: Is it possible to do away with Conferences? ]

I think this is where college football will eventually move. If done correctly it will also pay the group of 5 schools more as the power 5 revenue is used to pay an amount to compensate the split. For the top group of 5 schools is may be more valuable to compete for championships than not have an opportunity.

If the top 60 schools split I could see a board approach of the conference leadership. Travel is no longer an issue so schedules could even be changed yearly based on the previous years results to keep SOS from shifting drastically.

Personally I would love to see a promotion/relegation model to fund the group of 5, but I don't think the top 40 schools would risk it.

null

Dec 10, 2018, 6:40 PM

Maybe realignment of conferences, butI do not see doing away with them. You need stability in scheduling. Utter chaos would ensue.

Replies: 4
| visibility 818
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic