Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Is it possible Alabama isn’t as good as they appear..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 35
| visibility 1

Is it possible Alabama isn’t as good as they appear..

Jan 2, 2019, 5:14 PM

Georgia almost beat them but loss to Texas. Alabama couldn’t stop oklahoma in the second half. And outside of Georgia the sec Is rather weak. Really it’s Alabama and then the sec. perhaps Clemson beats Alabama by double digits and shocks the world I’m almost expecting that. But that remians to be seen go Tigers. And suck it coots because your very irrelevant and next season will be no different. I don’t think Trevor Lawrence ever loses to the coots

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Is it possible Alabama isn’t as good as they appear..

Jan 2, 2019, 5:18 PM

No

Ditto.

Jan 2, 2019, 5:24 PM

They are every bit as good as they appear.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ditto on the ditto***

Jan 2, 2019, 5:56 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2019, 5:34 PM

We do have a common opponent, TAMU. They looked the part.

Oh, and Louisville for what that is worth.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2019, 7:07 PM

I’ll give them the props they deserve for TAMU, but we took Louisville to the woodshed even worse than they did.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Would Clemson have been tied w/ Citadel at the half?

Jan 3, 2019, 1:49 AM

Was that a case of Bama just taking a team lightly, or did they have a fight in their hands until their huge size and depth advantage wore Citadel down?

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2019, 5:35 PM

Bama and Clemson look very similar to me. They both stuff the run. They both pressure the QB. They both can run and throw on offense.
My Bama buddy (who I’ll watch the game with) says he’s scared of Clemson’s passing game, he doesn’t trust Bama’s DB’s.
We’ll have to play well to win, so will Bama. Whoever wins will have bragging rights on the best single season record in 120+ years.

Jan 2, 2019, 5:38 PM

They ARE that Good.....

But we have Talent, Leadership, and most importantly No Fear!

I will say something many may take offense to but it’s what separates Alphas (which Alabama is loaded with) from other talent, even Elite.

When Alphas get punched in the mouth they Elevate their game. Brace yourself—as much as I loved Tajh Boyd he was never an alpha. That’s why when the Clown and crew punched us and others elevated their game he ran around like a little *****. Just using that as an example we can all relate to. We have several Alphas and No Fear. And our QB is a Beast.

This will be a heavyweight fight, and we will win because we will punch the bully back and keep punching.

Jan 2, 2019, 5:53 PM

Um did you miss the LSU game????

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2019, 6:03 PM

He’s on a roll

Jan 2, 2019, 7:06 PM [ in reply to Re: Is it possible Alabama isn’t as good as they appear.. ]

Agree.. That was one of the toughest performances I’ve ever seen by a player!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Jan 2, 2019, 6:03 PM [ in reply to Re: Is it possible Alabama isn’t as good as they appear.. ]

Agree with most of what you said, BUT Tajh was an Alpha. He’s a big reason why we are what we are today.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2019, 7:10 PM

I loved Tajh and thought his game against LSU was one of the best clutch performances ever by a Clemson QB, however..... it used to make me sick to my stomach when he would get the wide-eyed deer In the headlights look against FSU and the coots. Seems they were the only teams he really did that against

I will go you one better about Trevor Lawrence

Jan 2, 2019, 5:40 PM

I'm not sure he will ever lose a game as Clemson's QB.

Jan 2, 2019, 5:46 PM

NO. They are every bit as good as advertised and so are we. The SEC was down this year yes but so was the ACC and so was every other conference. Every conference has 1 or 2 great teams and the rest were all so so.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 3, 2019, 1:06 AM

NO. They are every bit as good as advertised and so are we. The SEC was down this year yes but so was the ACC and so was every other conference. Every conference has 1 or 2 great teams and the rest were all so so.

Except for the PAC12. They're just bad. Just so very bad.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They are very good. Better than the Bama teams

Jan 2, 2019, 5:47 PM

we lost to and better than the one we beat during this stretch.

Going to take a very good game by Clemson to win.

Their offense is better, their defense is not as good

Jan 2, 2019, 5:59 PM

as the 2016 and 2017 teams, especially their secondary. That is why so many of the major network talking heads are picking Clemson.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2019, 5:54 PM

No they playin the SEC

Jan 2, 2019, 6:01 PM

Which means what?

Jan 2, 2019, 6:04 PM

Sec

Jan 2, 2019, 6:07 PM

mEaNing??

Jan 3, 2019, 5:04 AM

MORE!!!

WL

100% no. They got bored with OK and took their foot of the gas

Jan 2, 2019, 6:01 PM

This may be the best AL team Saban has ever had. I know they are at Qback.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 100% no. They got bored with OK and took their foot of the gas

Jan 3, 2019, 1:24 AM

In fairness, having the "best AL team Saban has ever had.....at Qback" isn't exactly saying a lot. Pretty much every QB prior to Tua has been pure, unadulterated garbage.

Bama's the best team in the country by far

Jan 2, 2019, 6:05 PM

save for one, which will prove it come Monday night.

Jan 2, 2019, 6:46 PM

To the OP - the SEC in my opinion was not as good as they were ranked all year! Top to bottom. One SEC school would beat another over-ranked SEC school and get ranked even higher! All that said, "yes, Bamer is as good as they appear" but I don't think they are all that "unbeatable"!

I think Venables will have a good game plan for Tua. I thought the athletes LSU can bring to a game bothered Bamer! We have just as many athletes; but with a much better DC!
I thought also in that LSU game - with the LSU offense not really putting the fear of above in you - the Tigers of the fake Death Valley played really well considering the ineptness of their teams offense.
I see CU being much better on offense than the best team Bamer has played.
They won't get two weeks for the best team they have played to date either like they did with(prior to Georgia game) LSU.
But, Bamer is good as they appear! It will take a special effort to beat them; we have the DE's and the depth to bother them. Most important; I think we have cerebral coaches who will keep certain things in mind when facing Tua and the Bamer defense!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2019, 6:59 PM

Hit Tua and hit Tua and when he tries to run hit him again. OU did not pressure or hit him. The Tigers are going to find out if his ankle has healed, can he run, can he move and plant to pass, or can he pass on the run. That will tell how good Bama is. If Tua is really healthy and doing all that, then the Tigers offense better be playing lights out because it is going to be a shoot out.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2019, 6:55 PM

No. Everyone said that in 2016 Alabama had the greatest team in history and look who walked away with the Natty trophy. I think the 2016 Alabama team was everybit as good as this years team if not better. We will win.

No they are clearly the second best team in the Nation***

Jan 2, 2019, 6:55 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2019, 7:03 PM

They aren't as great as ESPN and the national media would have you believe but they are still very good. Clemson is better though.

They are a great team

Jan 2, 2019, 7:03 PM

full of 18 - 23 year olds who are not perfect. They will be hard to beat but so will Clemson. Gonna be a great game.

Defensive End Play!

Jan 2, 2019, 8:50 PM

The big thing I "didn't see anywhere including LSU" was where Bamer played "Elite" DE's! They played maybe a guy on one side who was good from Miss St. To which all you do is slide your protection to wherever he is. BTW, the same Miss St. that lost to Iowa who was unranked. And had bad losses on the year!
And again a team that was offensively challenged(Miss St). Fitzgerald right, middle, right again then left. And Bamer had multiple opportunities to put their offense on the football field b/c of that ineptness!
The Tigers ability to rush the passer with just the DL will be a huge benefit. Brent Venable being on the staff will be a huge benefit; as I don't think the 1st time he thought about this Bamer offense was after the ND game. Coach Speak would say no; but be willing to bet one day he admits he thought about how he would defend them before hand.
Again, they good as Hades! I am just not sold on the competition they played this season. LSU was the toughest beside Georgia and they had 2 weeks to prepare for them. And LSU don't scare you offensively. Georgia a 3 loss Georgia had them beat on a neutral field until a couple bone head plays!

Everybody else they played had considerable weaknesses! TAMU we played early so if you use that as a measuring stick; then you have to use Louisville as well! As we throttled them worse than Bamer did. Just saying!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 3, 2019, 2:32 AM

I think it's very possible. Or at least quite possible that we're a bit better.

That's why I keep bringing up the refs and hoping there's no bias in the game to the point of exhaustion in every thread talking about the game and what you're worried about for it etc. Because that's what I think really has the potential to screw us more than anything else.

It's Alabama then everybody else is on the ROY bus.

Jan 3, 2019, 5:12 AM

That's Dabo's lie and I'm sticking with it.

Clemson 45 Bama 22 then we send in the waterboy and Bama scores another 6.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 35
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic