Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Is it just me or does anyone else not worrying about
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1,663

Is it just me or does anyone else not worrying about

Dec 15, 2016, 9:36 AM

OSU's one dimensional offense? We know we are going to score. Do the Buckeyes feel the same way. No. This almost feels like BC with talent. I do think they could crush us over the middle at 5-10 yards with screens and tightend but we can play a bubble all night. They have no downfield threats. Just asking what you guys think.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Is it just me or does anyone else not worrying about

Dec 15, 2016, 9:40 AM

TBH i was more worried about FSU than I am about OSU right now.

Dec 15, 2016, 9:46 AM

Couldn't agree more, we can get pressure on JT and their oline has been struggling. Like you said our offense can/will score. The one thing that worries me is turnovers, keep that in check then we will be headed to Tampa.

Anyone who "isnt worried" about anything in a playoff scenario

Dec 15, 2016, 9:48 AM

Is foolish

Are they an offensive juggernaut? No. But they have dynamic athletes and all it takes is is a couple long runs or busted plays. It will also be tough to score over 40 on them.

That said, I say Tigers win 34 - 24

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Anyone who "isnt worried" about anything in a playoff scenario

Dec 15, 2016, 9:51 AM

I understand. But they have no means to stretch the field. I would have worried more playing Washington.

Re: Anyone who "isnt worried" about anything in a playoff scenario

Dec 15, 2016, 9:52 AM [ in reply to Anyone who "isnt worried" about anything in a playoff scenario ]

Well they have scored more points this season then we have by AVG.

Dec 15, 2016, 9:54 AM

I would never call anything Urban Meyer coaches a " One Dimensional Offense " . He is , as they say ...multiple in what he does from that side of the ball .
Now , we can MAKE them one dimensional from neutralizing the passing or running attack but I disagree that they come that way . I believe they are fairly good at running it , but their weakness is in that medium to deep ball range where Barrett has struggled .
I think our DL and the DB's will be integral to a tight game . Couple of plays here or there will be the difference just the same as our OB meeting in 2013 .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Dec 15, 2016, 10:23 AM

We cut out the Pi's we are good. They are going throw deep early and often, but if we stop it. We win easily.

Dec 15, 2016, 1:22 PM

They have been one dimensional in that they don't throw the ball downfield effectively. However, they have a multi-faceted running attack which can be very difficult to stop. They can pound the middle with Weber, get to the edge with Samuel, or be crafty with Barrett. It has usually been enough for them to win games. However, from what I've seen, Clemson has a very good defensive line that can make things tough on the running game. The Buckeyes will run the ball, but in order to win the game they'll have to hit on some passing plays further than 10 yards down the field. I guess we'll find out if their passing game improves during this December of development

Dec 16, 2016, 10:23 AM

By the way, here is a pretty solid article on Ohio State's rushing attack with Barrett. Ball control and defense has been the story for OSU in tight games. They tend to lean on the QB run heavily

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2016/12/15/13798306/jt-barrett-ohio-state-offense-fiesta-bowl-preview

Replies: 9
| visibility 1,663
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic