Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Is it disrespectful to be playing our second and third string
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Is it disrespectful to be playing our second and third string

Dec 24, 2017, 9:43 AM

In the fourth quarter? I really just want a win but would that just be dissing them? I can’t remember what we did vs osu. How long did Deshaun stay in that game?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't see a problem, as long we make sure the

Dec 24, 2017, 9:48 AM

fourth string doesn't play till the second half of the fourth quarter.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not as disrespectful as the points difference on the board.***

Dec 24, 2017, 10:03 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not as disrespectful as the points difference on the board.***

Dec 24, 2017, 11:01 AM

Well let me say this in case some have forgotten who Nick Saban is. Nick is second to none when it come to running up the score on much lesser teams. So anybody that believes we should ever call off the strength of our team when playing against a Nick Saban team should rethink those thoughts bc, Saban will beat a lesser team black and blue until his 1st team starts falling out from fatigue!!! So calling off the dogs against a Saban team is a seriously bad way of thinking if that opportunity ever arises. If we are 20-30 points ahead of Bama with 15 seconds left in the game, our coaches and players should give a 110% to score again, and run the 2 point conversion play after a TD with 2 seconds left in the game. Never leave any doubt playing against Nick, or the media talking heads will make it sound as if Clemson barely escaped with a win!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’ll trust the coaches to make that call. I agree with you to a certain extent.

Dec 24, 2017, 11:07 AM

And I doubt we’ll be up by 21 or more. But it would sure be a heck of a thing to live with if Kelly Bryant got hurt in the last 10 minutes of the game when you’re in a dominant lead and can’t play in the natty. I think this is the natty but I think there is a huge drop off after kb at qb right now. Not in talent level or in potential but in command of the offense and ability to win at a high level.

I dont think so.

Dec 24, 2017, 10:08 AM

I think it could be the exact opposite. I think it shows respect and sportsmanship. If the opponent cant stop your offense, would you rather run your 1's and continue to destroy them, even worse? I think by playing 2's, 3's, 4's, you are saying I respect the opponent's staff, players and fans. My goal is not to embarrass you. Also our youngsters get on the field and develop more quickly. That is a HUGE reason we've had so much success in the past 8 years or so. Remember when Bowden was here, if a starter went down, it killed us because we had newbies that were 3rd string now starting. Developement and experience were non-existent. We getting our guys ready to be the next man up.

Good pt***

Dec 24, 2017, 10:10 AM

Either way it’s embarrassing so do what’s best for Clemson***

Dec 24, 2017, 12:20 PM [ in reply to I dont think so. ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Is it disrespectful to be playing our second and third string

Dec 24, 2017, 10:14 AM

I wish it would be that way, but being from Alabama and having a Alabama fan wife, I have watched them a lot. Please understand, they are good, really good. It will be a battle I hope we can win . Go
Tigers

By some posts you would think we are playing the University

Dec 24, 2017, 12:07 PM

of Alabama Birmingham (UAB) instead of THE University of Alabama. Just show up and victory is ours??? Crazy!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Win we will. And we will leave no doubt!

Dec 24, 2017, 12:23 PM [ in reply to Re: Is it disrespectful to be playing our second and third string ]

Clemson will officially assume the role of THE dynasty to beat year after year in college football.

ENJOY IT WHILE IT LASTS...

GO TIGERS! ??

????

Dec 24, 2017, 11:15 AM

While I'd be pleasantly surprised if we won by 21 points and had backups in, I think too many people are buying the hype. We are a good team. A very good team.

And so are they. There is every chance they win this game, and we sound like a bunch of orange-glass-wearing cheerleaders.

So pump the breaks, and gloat about backups on Jan 9 after we win another title.

Dec 24, 2017, 11:45 AM

I seriously don’t expect us to be up far enough to bring the backups in wholesale. If it turns out that way then it is the right call because we need to keep our 1st string healthy and take advantage of the opportunity to rest for the final game.

However a better question is how much does Swinney bring in backups during the game? They have mixed up the lineups all season long with the game still competitive. This game is going to be a bruiser so whoever wins will have some needed recovery time to be ready for the following Monday.

Ye of little faith... we will win rather easily

Dec 24, 2017, 12:31 PM [ in reply to Re: Is it disrespectful to be playing our second and third string ]

And I have never said this when a game is this big. But if you just look at our strengths and their weaknesses, the only way it is close is if...

A) the refs are extremely biased

-OR-

B) as a team, we just don’t show up to play (a la Syracuse)

I seriously doubt B is ever going to happen in a game of this magnitude and A would really have to be egregious bias to the point that the football world would take notice big time.

So rest assured, we will will and more than likely win easily.

Scary I know... ??

GO TIGERS!

????

Dec 24, 2017, 12:23 PM

In more than a few positions, our 3rd string is as good as our first. It isn’t our fault that we have 8 receivers, 3 quarterbacks, 4 running backs, etc. that could start on any D1 team in the country!

Dec 24, 2017, 12:37 PM

Not dissing them. Only giving them an opportunity to bust up a shutout!
Though that was of no help to osu.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic