Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Is it Dawg math, or Dawg meth?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

Is it Dawg math, or Dawg meth?

Feb 22, 2020, 2:12 PM

Citadeldawg says: "...In the 87 seasons since the SEC formed Georgia and Alabama has played 69 times. Alabama leads 40-25-4....".

Nope: In the 87 seasons since the SEC formed Georgia and Alabama "has played" 44 times.

UGay and Bammer have played 69 times total, but that number includes 25 games prior to ugay joining the SEC.....

So it's true, the leg humpers have found a way to avoid playing Bamma about 50% of the time...

With LSU it's even worse..played 29 games since 1935...

And tenneeessee? Between 1899 and 1989 they played a grand total of 21 games.

And ugay has a losing record to all three of those teams.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Is it Dawg math, or Dawg meth?

Feb 22, 2020, 3:57 PM

Spurrier found a way to get the coots out of the way of Bama!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 22, 2020, 4:58 PM

Shucks, it's quite flattering that you would take such an interest in Georgia's football history.
Since you're on the topic, can you inform us what Clemson's record is against Bama, LSU and Tennessee?

Feb 22, 2020, 5:06 PM

Why do you guys consistently underachieve? Serious question.

Feb 22, 2020, 5:48 PM

So being one of the All-Time winningest teams, with winning records against nearly all of our rivals is underachieving? Serious question.

Feb 22, 2020, 5:51 PM

You guys used to be good. Many decades ago.

Feb 22, 2020, 5:55 PM [ in reply to Re: Is it Dawg math, or Dawg meth? ]

So being one of the all time winningest teams has 1 title that is 40 years old ? No school in the history of college football has ever had the talent that Georgia gets every year and not won a title. They are Officially Do Less With More U

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 22, 2020, 7:03 PM

Official? Really? I know you boys want to try to trash talk every chance you get, but you at least need to be accurate. I've asked before and no one has ever answered, but exactly when did UGA have all these #1 ranked recruiting classes?

Feb 22, 2020, 7:14 PM

They were highly rated. The last time you guys had a class out of the top 8 was in 2013 and even that class was 12th. You guys have had numerous top 3 classes too. You guys have only had 1 class out of the 10 since 2001. You guys just squander talent and never live up to potential. You lost to the Gamecocks last year.

Feb 22, 2020, 7:40 PM

Carlsbad® said:

They were highly rated. The last time you guys had a class out of the top 8 was in 2013 and even that class was 12th. You guys have had numerous top 3 classes too. You guys have only had 1 class out of the 10 since 2001. You guys just squander talent and never live up to potential. You lost to the Gamecocks last year.

Not quite. Richt never had even the top class in the SEC. Not once. But he did win the SEC twice. He had the top class in the East only twice, but won the East 5 times, so I'm not sure how either of those is underachieving. And exactly when were all of these "numerous" top 3 classes?
"Squandering" talent? Please. Pretty much every year, Richt got out-recruited by Florida, Tennessee or Auburn, and usually more than one of them. Getting beat by a more talented team is not "squandering" talent. Like I said, you can trash talk all you want. But at least be accurate about it.

Feb 22, 2020, 7:50 PM

Look at 247 and you will see I was accurate. Also, why can Clemson do more with less? Do you guys just have a bad culture and coaching?

Feb 22, 2020, 8:19 PM

You're not accurate about the "underachieving", squandering talent" and "less with more" comments. 24/7 proves that point.
And you haven't done "more with less" either. I mean how many teams have you consistently beaten that have consistently out-recruited you? Even FSU's recruiting has been hit and miss lately plus they've had all that turnover.

Feb 22, 2020, 8:24 PM

A bunch of them. Bama...Ohio State? Look at our recruiting compared to yours too and we clearly have the better program. Yet you guys never do anything. Dawging should the name in college football for underachieving. Its kind of like Munsoning in King Pin.

Feb 22, 2020, 8:48 PM

You haven't consistently beaten Bama. You've won two of the last four. I was mostly talking about regular season, but I'll give you Ohio St. You've spanked them in the post-season. Even so, one team isn't "a bunch of them".

I don't have to inform you of anything.....

Feb 22, 2020, 5:23 PM [ in reply to Re: Is it Dawg math, or Dawg meth? ]

...unless or until you can give me a valid reason why over the course of 90 years of playing in the SEC you have managed to avoid playing it's three top teams on a consistent basis while managing to squeeze in Vandy, Kentucky and Ole ####. Yeah, I know that you know that i know what the answer is....

Re: I don't have to inform you of anything.....

Feb 22, 2020, 5:37 PM

You seem quite testy there. Or maybe you're just looking for a troll.

The answer, of course - for anyone not trying to be coy, is the EXACT same reason why you have played Miami and Virginia Tech in the regular season fewer than a third of the time since they joined the ACC. Neither Clemson nor UGA controls conference scheduling.

And for the record, we lead the series with Tennessee.

I"m talking about UGA not playing BAMA and LSU before...

Feb 22, 2020, 5:49 PM

the SEC division split; your honestly going to suggest that it had nothing to do with the relative success of those teams as compared to putting Vandy and kentucky on the schedule....you must be crazier than Kirby's Moe haircut if you think anyone would believe that....

OK, so once again ...

Feb 22, 2020, 7:51 PM

... and I'll type it really slowly:

Neither Clemson nor UGA controls conference scheduling.

Not really sure what part of that is tripping you up.

Feb 22, 2020, 5:52 PM [ in reply to Re: Is it Dawg math, or Dawg meth? ]

RedDawg said:

Shucks, it's quite flattering that you would take such an interest in Georgia's football history.
Since you're on the topic, can you inform us what Clemson's record is against Bama, LSU and Tennessee?

Georgia has a football history? Who knew?

Feb 22, 2020, 7:04 PM

RedDawg said:

Georgia has a football history? Who knew?

Yeah, maybe not. All we ever do is beat the snot out of Clemson. :)

If you could have just beaten the Columbia chickens....

Feb 22, 2020, 7:14 PM

..on your home field in double OT, then you would really have something to brag about...:)...

Yeah, upsets do happen ...

Feb 22, 2020, 7:46 PM

And that one did stink, no question.
But at least we've never lost to them 5 times in a row. :)

Good point! No need to dredge up horrid memories...

Feb 22, 2020, 7:58 PM

..:)...

OK, I take it back!

Feb 22, 2020, 8:08 PM

Enough of the history lessons!
Looking forward to 2021!

Feb 23, 2020, 12:27 PM

It's all SEC speed. What a drug.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 26, 2020, 5:47 AM

If Gamecocks are Coots, does that make Georgia the Doots?

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic