Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
One more reason to hate Kirk Herbstreit
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

One more reason to hate Kirk Herbstreit

Sep 11, 2012, 12:54 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0f2dXt_Mf1c&feature=related

Kirk we don't need ya!!!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think you love Kirk and are just hurt he told the

Sep 11, 2012, 12:57 PM

truth.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is he wrong?

Sep 11, 2012, 1:05 PM

Kirk has said that he's somewhat of a Clemson fan, he has plenty of Clemson grad friends and said he pulls for the Tigers in most games. And theres times you can tell he really likes Clemson

I just think this year he seems to be laying off the Clemson bandwagon and seeing what happens instead of picking us to win big and being wrong.. again

Re: Is he wrong?

Sep 11, 2012, 1:10 PM

he may not be wrong, but I have still never liked him wether if he has friends here or not. Clemson is not the toughesht team to root for. It is very easy from my experience.

Ever rooted for anyone else?

Sep 11, 2012, 1:46 PM

how do you know it isn't easier for everyone else, and therefore hardest for us?

He is right we have done less with more for over 20 yrs I

Sep 11, 2012, 3:27 PM [ in reply to Is he wrong? ]

for one have been very disappointed sepecially having grown up in the mid and late 70's and went to Clemson in the 80's my expectations are high

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Kirk Herbstreit had given us so much love and it comes back

Sep 11, 2012, 1:08 PM

to bite him in the a$$ everytime. whats not true about what he said? this year may change that, but until then...

Re: Kirk Herbstreit had given us so much love and it comes back

Sep 11, 2012, 1:11 PM

Well if this year does change that, I hope he doesn't start ranting on how he just loves this football team.

Re: Kirk Herbstreit had given us so much love and it comes back

Sep 11, 2012, 1:32 PM

Why? I like it when he gives props to Clemson.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The real question is WKSTF?

Sep 11, 2012, 1:09 PM

Would Kirk Stab The Football?

replied - eat your words this year Kirk

Sep 11, 2012, 1:29 PM

i hope
GO TIGERS JUST WIN

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: One more reason to hate Kirk Herbstreit

Sep 11, 2012, 1:33 PM

I like Kirk, he has always been one of the more objectional analyst on TV. He's always liked Clemson and more often than not picks Clemson to win. He was probably a big reason that Gameday came to Clemson in 2006. In this video he's simply being the same person he's always been. Unbiased and honest.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson is like your child that

Sep 11, 2012, 1:38 PM

Tested gifted in kindergarten, but by high school is a C student, passed the physical fitness test, but chooses to stay inside reading comic books rather than playing football, and chooses to attend South Carolina despite getting into Clemson. Just constantly not reaching his potential and leaving you shaking your head wondering ###?

you couldn't be father from the truth***

Sep 11, 2012, 1:44 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nobody chooses to go to South Carolina

Sep 11, 2012, 1:47 PM [ in reply to Clemson is like your child that ]

if they get into Clemson

Over the years, I have met a couple of coots

Sep 11, 2012, 4:10 PM

that claimed they got accepted to Clemson but chose South Carolina. I always assumed they were liars.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

One of my friends chose to go to USuC over Clemson.

Sep 11, 2012, 5:29 PM [ in reply to Nobody chooses to go to South Carolina ]

Also the fact that his mom said Clemson was "too far from home."

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

I like Kirk.. and he may not be totally right, but he

Sep 11, 2012, 1:42 PM

also isn't totally wrong. If you are a Duke fan, there is no hope, so you just don't care. With Clemson, there is hope. Year after year we find excruciating ways to blow games or seasons. That's all he meant, I think, and I don't find that to be inaccurate. Loosen up a little bud.. hate is a pretty strong word.

null

Kirk knows whereof he speaks on this. He has clearly been in

Sep 11, 2012, 1:51 PM

our camp many times only to look stupid for doing it.

ESPN jumps on our bandwagon every time we give them a chance, stop hating b/c Clemson's football team has disappointed them. and us.

But, that being said, I do think that Dabo is different from TB and the results will show that, moreso than it already has.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Get a life

Sep 11, 2012, 3:30 PM

Herbstreit 100x more about college football than you ever will... AND he roots for Clemson.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

agree***

Sep 11, 2012, 5:25 PM [ in reply to Kirk knows whereof he speaks on this. He has clearly been in ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

he's right, but I don't hate him

Sep 11, 2012, 3:52 PM

because what he really meant to say is "I've been a closet Clemson fan for awhile, and it has been tough for ME."
He wants Clemson to succeed, and so does ESPN. It's true, ESPN loves us when we show promise, only to let everyone down. I have to believe that will all change soon though.

Sep 11, 2012, 4:06 PM

Sounds like a fair analysis to me. By the way Herbie tries to keep our guys motivated because he generally likes Clemson.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 11, 2012, 4:07 PM

EVERY time he jumps on our bandwagon - we pull a "CLEMSON" in a big way. Remember the loss to VT after stomping GT the week prior? That was a HUGE loss, and KH was riding our bandwagon hard. He's probably still reeling from that move. Nah - be thankful that KH is seeing the light and staying off of our bandwagon. We will be fine now. It was a curse rather than a blessing.

Re: I wish HErbie would hit my tailgate with a football*****

Sep 11, 2012, 5:22 PM

Dang...I knew we've muddied up the water..but to call us out

Sep 11, 2012, 5:29 PM

GoTiGERs!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Kind of a back handed compliment

Sep 11, 2012, 6:14 PM

Hopefully this year will be different.

The history, the recruiting and Clemson's facilities demand that we compete at a very high level and our expectations are always sky high. I cannot wait for Clemson to finally break through.

On the other side, the coots have no expectations so anything they do is a first. The cannot be let down because they start from the bottom of the barrel.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

He is absolutely right!!!

Sep 11, 2012, 6:21 PM

Every year we lose to some crap team we have no business losing to...like N.C. State last year. And it always seems to come just as we start to get recognition so it hurts ten times worse.

Sorry, but if we want to prove him wrong...we actually have to prove him wrong.

Germans***

Sep 11, 2012, 6:26 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As a general rule C students don't get into Clemson

Sep 12, 2012, 10:52 AM

And students accepted to Clemson don't go to USuC but I agree with your general point.

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic