Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Is anyone else worried about a weakness with our defense
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 34
| visibility 1

Is anyone else worried about a weakness with our defense

Jan 11, 2017, 8:14 AM

with defending the double pass? The coots scored on it and then Bama used it to set up what would have been a game winning TD if DW4 hadn't saved the D. If best truly is standard, then our defense needs to fix this problem or else teams will be throwing this all day long on us next season. Come on BV, we've reached the mountaintop, now we have to stay there.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Is anyone else worried about a weakness with our defense

Jan 11, 2017, 8:16 AM

No. It only works because it's used so infrequently. Use it more than once a game and it'll fall to pieces.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I do think it's funny 2 years in a row Bama had to resort to trick plays.

Jan 11, 2017, 8:16 AM

You know, considering they are the best team of all time.

Liability Cola by CU_Tigers_time is now trending on Tnet.

And not just the best college team of all time

Jan 11, 2017, 8:20 AM

But the best football team of all time, on any level, anywhere, ever

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

You knew they had NFL talent, but the fact this includes the CFL is amazing.

Jan 11, 2017, 8:21 AM

And don't forget about the arena football league speed.

Liability Cola by CU_Tigers_time is now trending on Tnet.

The SEC has to use trick plays to score when playing an ACC

Jan 11, 2017, 8:17 AM

Defense......... ??

You'll have to forgive them, they can't help that they don't

have ACC speed

Had to get rid of Steele to conquer GT option...

If we have to get rid of Venables to solve the double pass problem, then so be it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thank goodness we don't have to play West Virginia

Jan 11, 2017, 8:23 AM

Holgerson knows how to exploit a defensive weakness. In the OB against Steele it was the jet sweep pop pass over and over and over. If we played them next season you can bet he'd use the double pass to try and ring up another 77 points

Thank you for bringing reason to this bored.

Jan 11, 2017, 9:34 AM [ in reply to Had to get rid of Steele to conquer GT option... ]

Way too much bv worship on this bored. If best is standard, then we may have to forego a few more national championships in order to get there. Time to clean house.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As long as BV is in town, I'll never worry about D again.***

So you love BV's D?***

Jan 11, 2017, 8:24 AM

Gee whiz, we just won a national championship........

Jan 11, 2017, 8:30 AM

just finished a most excellent season, will say good bye to some of the best Tigers to ever wear orange, have a jam up class coming in (some of them this week) and a good 8 months to get ready for opening day and we have to worry about a couple busted plays today????

BV isn't stupid and will make improvements before playing again. That is what champions do. And we are Champions.........

The OP wouldn't know anything about being a champion b/c

Jan 11, 2017, 8:51 AM

she's a coot.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

You either get better, or you get passed up

Jan 11, 2017, 9:15 AM [ in reply to Gee whiz, we just won a national championship........ ]

And I don't want to get passed up. Do you?

don't be surprised when I don't tmail you***

Jan 11, 2017, 8:53 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

why do you always post junk on the fotball board***

Jan 11, 2017, 8:56 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

We defended it well against Alabama.

Jan 11, 2017, 8:58 AM

The WR made a good throw.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

jes damb It!! I'm 'sucked in' and gotta answer NOW....

Jan 11, 2017, 9:10 AM

.....ACTUALLY, it wasn't defended 'well' (imho)....

Watch the replay. Jadar Johnson had the whole play 'in front of him', was also the deep safety and had that responsibility, BUT he reacted WAY late on 1: Howard - who was the ONLY receiver downfield - and 2: ended up being late on the pass that he could ('should'?) have broken up.....

hth

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

If we had defended it well, OJ Howard wouldn't

Jan 11, 2017, 9:17 AM [ in reply to We defended it well against Alabama. ]

have been wide freaking open (again).

Question for you GWP

Jan 11, 2017, 9:04 AM

Would you care to answer "Do you consider yourself ..." a:

1. Pessimist or 'glass is always half empty' person;

Or:

2. Are you just trolling?

(Francis Marion and cutigerbob: I see your hands raised, but this question is for GWP..... )

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You think it's pessimistic to look for ways to improve?***

Jan 11, 2017, 9:18 AM

Got it - +1 for the answer!***

Jan 11, 2017, 9:27 AM

NOPE!

We have young beasts, recruiting that is 2nd to none.

I expect Clemson to be a national power for years to come.

I still haven't found tweets from Clemson commits - been looking for those.

Re: Is anyone else worried about a weakness with our defense

I imagine we might see a triple or quadruple pass next year to exploit that weakness.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You're probably right, except BV has 8 months to

Jan 11, 2017, 9:19 AM

work on defending it. Let's hope he spends that time wisely.

no***

Jan 11, 2017, 9:19 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

coot***

Jan 11, 2017, 9:55 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

I hope this is a poor attempt at sarcasm.***

Jan 11, 2017, 9:56 AM

Why, certainly! It's GWP

Jan 11, 2017, 10:02 AM

All her attempts at sarcasm are poor

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

FIFY

Jan 11, 2017, 10:19 AM

All her attempts at sarcasm posting are poor

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

POTD***

Jan 11, 2017, 10:20 AM [ in reply to Why, certainly! It's GWP ]

maybe

Jan 11, 2017, 10:20 AM [ in reply to I hope this is a poor attempt at sarcasm.*** ]

maybe not - you will have to ask her

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

LOL Bama gimmick offense...SEC's finest***

Jan 11, 2017, 10:15 AM

Only teams from weak conferences try those

Jan 11, 2017, 10:38 AM

ghey little passes. We should only schedule teams from real conferences and then we won't have to worry.

Replies: 34
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic