Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Is anyone Legitimately Worried we Lose Tomorrow?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 48
| visibility 1

Is anyone Legitimately Worried we Lose Tomorrow?

Oct 30, 2015, 9:38 AM

I know that the thought is crazy considering the 35 straight vs. unranked and the be-heading of Miami last week, but I was a student during the Tommy Bowden years and feel like I'm forever scarred.

I'm kind of like a woman who's been serially abused by men, and is incapable of having a healthy normal relationship in the future.

"Sometimes I just the get the feeling that she's cheating on me. Yeah man, I know what you mean." - Office Space

Is anybody with me on this? Or am I off my rocker?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I obviously think we win, but I am nervous.**

Oct 30, 2015, 9:41 AM

nm

Sure there's a chance...

Oct 30, 2015, 9:41 AM

...but this team so far has prepared differently than in the past.

Every team says they take 1 game at a time, it appears we are actually doing so this year.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

The only way we loose is...

Oct 30, 2015, 9:57 AM

if we win by less than 35 points.

The media will consider it a loss because we should have done better.

Well that theory didn't work for you.***

Nov 2, 2015, 1:41 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

Re: Is anyone Legitimately Worried we Lose Tomorrow?

Oct 30, 2015, 9:42 AM

I think we win if we come prepared. So to me, that's gonna be the test for each game we have left.

Re: You're clearly suffering from "Tommy Bowden Syndrome"***

Oct 30, 2015, 9:43 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Re: You're clearly suffering from "Tommy Bowden Syndrome"***

Oct 30, 2015, 9:58 AM

Ahh - "TBS" I'm a sufferer as well. The symptoms have unnecessarily raised my blood pressure and will surely decrease my lifespan.

Oct 30, 2015, 9:43 AM

I had a dream last night we were down 7-0 entering halftime. If that is the case tomorrow, I will be worried.

Oct 30, 2015, 9:48 AM

We lose by not having focus, turning the ball over and not making proper adjustments. If the staff has done their jobs and the team leaders push the rest of our players I honestly cannot see Clemson losing tomorrow.

Go Tigers!

Oct 30, 2015, 9:46 AM

Any team can be beaten on any given day, generally speaking. Was GT supposed to win last week? Nope. We have to show up and play good football every week, no matter who it is. These guys are all D1 athletes just like we are. Like Dabo said a few weeks ago, if we get beat it's because we're human and they just executed better than we did.

NO***

Oct 30, 2015, 9:53 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm as nervous as FSU fans were before facing

Oct 30, 2015, 9:55 AM

a GT team that brought a five-game losing streak into the game.

Or the fans of undefeated Utah before they faced an unranked Southern Cal team with an interim coach.

It's college football. Any team can win...any team can lose. No doubt we are very well coached and very talented. Hopefully we stay focused and can keep executing at a high level.

The only thing I am completely confident is that it has been a heck of a fun ride so far.

null

NO!

Oct 30, 2015, 9:56 AM

We have done a good job mentally and physically. This team is ready. Go Tigers!

Losing a heckuva lot of sleep over it....

the worry is killing me. Can't function at work or home.

Never Underestimate Your Prey...

I think this team is focused, but if we go in there over-confident and running high-risk plays think that we can out-athlete them if will have a few bad plays and we will have a recipe for a trap game.

I am reminded in the Notre Dame game when we were up big and Gallman was running down hill in beast-mode. We had 1st and 10 on Notre's Dame's 30 Yard Line in the rain and we throw to the end zone and get picked off. We can't do crap like that. It will bite you sooner than later.

Just play the game we have been playing and we should win be a good margin and get Watson out of the game hopefully by the early 3rd Qtr.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

I worry about every game at this point.***

GO TIGERS!!

Not crazy just confused.

Perhaps you're just confusing worry with anxiety. Anxiety is what football is all about. Our only outlet is cheering. Without anxiety over one's home team or over a game which influences the home team's expectations such as division championship or conference championship only gamblers would watch games.

It's normal and it's healthy just like a roller coaster. You know it's not leaving the track so you hang on and enjoy the ride!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you are the type who Worries about sporting contests then you should worry

Oct 30, 2015, 9:59 AM

Any one on the schedule is capable of beating Clemson.

I think it is unlikely. If Clemson doesn't turn the ball over they should win all of them.

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

The worry is always there, but I do believe we win

Oct 30, 2015, 9:59 AM

We may not blow them away, but I think we win by double digits if we show up prepared.

If the clock is running, and they keep score, we can lose

Oct 30, 2015, 10:00 AM

I'm feeling more and more confident that there is less chance of that. But yes, I'm worried that a road game is a opportunity to lose.

I worry about every game....Wofford, App State, whoever

Oct 30, 2015, 10:32 AM

because games are played on the field, not on paper.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 30, 2015, 11:22 AM

I'm with you. There won't be a game this year that I won't be nervous about. I just hope Dabo has us where we appear to be so far, and that is completely focused on each game as it comes.

Oct 30, 2015, 11:27 AM

As long as we block and tackle well we shouldn't have a problem. This team has shown great focus thus far and I wouldn't expect that to change.

ain't no way we lose - Tigs may have 14 pts on the board

Oct 30, 2015, 11:32 AM

before the offense take the first snap. D will hold to less than 200 total yards and O will put up 500 yds plus. over before it starts.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 30, 2015, 11:33 AM

Nope.

Oct 30, 2015, 11:55 AM

I'm not as worried or nervous as say 6 or 7 years ago or beyond that when we lost a lot of close games or would lose to teams we had no buisiness losing to what so ever.I just think the last 4 or 5 years that the Clemson teams/players as a whole have matured considerably and just know what to expect in any game they play no matter if it's a ranked team or not and like Dabo said recently after a practice in an interveiw the guys have been through enough wars to know what to expect.I just feel deep down that this years Tiger team is on a mission and truly believes that they will win every game when they take the field every Saturday.I expect tomorrow's game in Raleigh to be tough but not worried one bit that the guys won't come out a winner when it is all said and done.

No, but illigetimately worried is another matter.***

Oct 30, 2015, 12:08 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No***

Oct 30, 2015, 12:09 PM

Oct 30, 2015, 12:11 PM

Well, Neuheisel and Childers put us on upset alert. I think we should be worried.??

Go Tigers!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I will only be worried if Corso picks us to win.

Oct 30, 2015, 1:14 PM

And not much then.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I will only be worried if Corso picks us to win.

Oct 30, 2015, 9:48 PM

he picked us to win by a FG in OT last week.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Will not happen***

Oct 30, 2015, 1:34 PM

Not worried, we will crush State.***

Oct 30, 2015, 1:36 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Raleigh always worries me-I've witnessed many losses there***

Oct 30, 2015, 1:44 PM

I am more worried about your

Oct 30, 2015, 1:46 PM

use of capital letters.

Sure, NC State can win, but it would be Clemson's fault. I am not that worried about Clemson beating Clemson right now.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 30, 2015, 1:47 PM

If Clemson shows up to play. They will win. If they overlook them they loose. Were gonna get nc st best shot. But no im not worried. Clemsons should have a comfortable win.

I think your condition is called "Battered Bowden Syndrome"

Oct 30, 2015, 2:32 PM

It comes with years of football abuse... I have it too, but I have started to trust Dabo.

There's always a chance

Oct 30, 2015, 2:53 PM

It will be fairly close. No blowout like Miami.

Yes. Here is why.

Oct 30, 2015, 2:59 PM

Has nothing to do with steaks or hype.
The last 7 games there has been little love and lots of questions from media about Clemson. Now there is all love and #1 ranking and playoffs.

So how does our young team handle success?

NC State will be rowdy and I am glad it is not a night game.

Plus we really know nothing about State.

I expect Clemson to win. But I do not want expect a blowout. I want one a convincing win. Would love a shutout and statement.

But I am cautiously optimistic about an strong win.

It is college football and ball bounces funny. Go Tigers.

Oct 30, 2015, 3:33 PM

I worry about every game no matter who we play.

Recording devices in locker room

Oct 30, 2015, 3:41 PM

1) Stealing our playbook or first few scripted plays and getting turnovers
2) Stealing our signals
3) Recording us in locker room with voice or video
4) NC State's history against ranked teams
5) How did they hold us to 13 pts in 2011 when we had Nuk, Martavaris, Dwayne Allen, Tajh, Ellington on our offense. Granted Sammy Watkins was held out for precautionary reasons, but still 13 pts?

I'll tell you. First, we had it wrapped up. The ACC. Second,

Oct 30, 2015, 7:42 PM

Dabo said Sammy could play, but he would sit him. I think the team took that the wrong way and we went in half cocked. Fumbles, sacks, blah blah blah.....

No.***

Oct 30, 2015, 7:38 PM

Nope.***

Oct 30, 2015, 7:44 PM

Oct 30, 2015, 7:58 PM

2 weeks ago I was slightly concerned about Miami and really concerned about the State game. after what I saw last week i'm not worried . the only team capable of beating Clemson now is Clemson . at least until the playoffs

Post Tommy Stress Disorder

Oct 30, 2015, 9:13 PM

It's a real condition. Talk to your doctor about what Dabo© can do for you.

Side effects may include spontaneous dancing, magnetic personality, and an excess of grammatically incorrect witticisms.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 30, 2015, 9:44 PM

Worried? Not at all....anxious is more like it because I can't wait to see our boys in action. Can't watch them enough! I'm excited to see them play tomorrow

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

No. The only nervousness I will feel is

Oct 30, 2015, 9:51 PM

wondering when Dabo is going to get DW the hell out of the game! Go Tigers!

Replies: 48
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic