Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Is TAMU the best team you will play all season..agree or
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 46
| visibility 1

Is TAMU the best team you will play all season..agree or

Sep 10, 2018, 2:33 PM

disagree?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Is TAMU the best team you will play all season..agree or

Sep 10, 2018, 2:36 PM

No-Boston Collage..

gotta go with Alabama.***

Sep 10, 2018, 2:36 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: gotta go with Alabama.***

Sep 10, 2018, 2:38 PM

What he said!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Beat me to it.***

Sep 10, 2018, 2:40 PM [ in reply to gotta go with Alabama.*** ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

TU for being the first to post this***

Sep 10, 2018, 2:42 PM [ in reply to gotta go with Alabama.*** ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

After hearing sports radio in Columbia

Sep 10, 2018, 2:54 PM [ in reply to gotta go with Alabama.*** ]

I have to go with the Coots. They will win out, win the SEC, Debo and Jake are finalists for the Heisman, win the Natty, and join the NFL. The loss to Georgia was a fluke. It must be true, or they wouldn't have said it on the radio....??

REG SEASON: For Team Performance, luck, quality of athletes, good coaching, environment..Ta&m

YeP (Agree).

Oh, Bentley said hellO. ??

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think Alabama is a little better.***

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

TAMU

Agree

TD for being the 2nd to post this***

Sep 10, 2018, 2:43 PM [ in reply to I think Alabama is a little better.*** ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

TU for this probably being your last day on the boreds.

Sep 10, 2018, 2:44 PM

@ Crump

Sep 10, 2018, 2:39 PM

It's yet to be seen. But we can't control how good the teams on our schedule are. We can control our OOC schedule and typically have 2 SEC teams each year.

We've heard the same argument about our schedule the last few years. We've made it to 2 championship games in that stretch and won one of them.

With your far more difficult schedule, how many championships have you won?

Sep 10, 2018, 2:41 PM

Impossible to say. Do you think we’ve played anyone in the last 3 years that DIDN’T have Clemson circled on their calendar in July? We’ll get everybody’s best game.........just the way we like it. Best is the Standard

Sep 10, 2018, 2:42 PM

Outside the ACCCG maybe. Too early in the season to tell. Between the rain, lucky tipped catches, and Mond playing out of his mind it was a solid win.

Re: Is TAMU the best team you will play all season..agree or***

Sep 10, 2018, 2:44 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whose rock did you crawl out from under?***

Sep 10, 2018, 2:52 PM

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Mond played out of his mind. I think BC and VT

Sep 10, 2018, 2:45 PM

can both be tricky if they get hot at QB like A&M. Finley could get hot at NC St.

That's what it takes to beat Clemson. A QB having the game of his life. I just don't think you can run it to beat us. You've gotta just throw it all the field and exploit our safeties.

Mond will not play like that all year. He had a bunch of answered prayers that could've been INTs.

We don't play VT

Sep 10, 2018, 2:48 PM

unless it's in Charlotte. Or they are able to get into the playoffs without an ACCCG appearance, like Bama did.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My assumption is ACCCG, but Miami may right the ship

Sep 10, 2018, 2:49 PM

too early to tell.

Hopefully! ;-)***

null

Probably

I hope they are! I would enjoy a stress-free 12-0 regular season.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hard to guage TAMU due to numerous holds not called

Sep 10, 2018, 2:50 PM

TAMU got away with 15+ OL holds that were not called, as well as other OL infractions. If you look at the failed 2-point conversion alone, besides the called (finally) hold, they had 3 OL's illegally downfield in the endzone, and 2 of them threw very dangerous illegal blocks below the waist. IF the SEC doesn't allow that crap in the remainder of their grueling remaining schedule (one of the toughest that I have ever seen), TAMU may not even be a bowl eligible team this year. If the SEC allows them that level of no-calls against TAMU, they will inflict a LOT of damage in the SEC this year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No matter who you vote for, BUY AMERICAN...it's a vote for American jobs.

Absolutely...***

Sep 10, 2018, 3:08 PM

Re: Hard to guage TAMU due to numerous holds not called

Sep 10, 2018, 3:17 PM [ in reply to Hard to guage TAMU due to numerous holds not called ]

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Thank you! needed a good laugh to start my afternoon. So the multiple offensive and defensive pass interference NON-calls that Clemson committed are to be overlooked? How about the blatant punch that your defender did after the play was dead on Ausbon, AFTER he threw him to ground with the ACC ref looking right at him. I know Clemson has great D-line it looked like many of them were playing on the O-line the way our D-line was getting tackled once it became apparent we were getting into the backfield at will.

The reality is this, there were numerous non-calls on both teams, if you notice, nothing was getting called in the first half which was refreshing and just letting the guys play. Then when it became apparent A&M wasn't going away, some cheap calls started getting called. Of course each side is always going to claim they got the short end of the stick when that happens. The penalties did not affect the outcome of the game.

The outcome was 100% based on A&M blew 4 plays and allowed Clemson easy TDs, take away those plays and more than 50% of the Clemson offense is gone. A&M pushed the envelope and made high risk plays that Clemson didn't stop but more often than not should have. Clemson won because they were more lucky than A&M.

C'mon dude...

Sep 10, 2018, 3:47 PM

A&M played well over it's head. Even your own fans admitted as much.

Mond completed two TD passes that had far more to do with luck than skill and the Clemson defenders dropped three INT's.

Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good.

If the two teams played five times, Clemson wins all five games.

A&M has a fine team but Clemson is just better. Nothing wrong in admitting that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Not even close my friend...

Sep 10, 2018, 4:56 PM

Most fans don't look at key match-ups and over-all strengths of each position group. Most people were basing their assumption on last year's performance not potential. Keep in mind A&M and Clemson have recruited essentially at the same level for several years.

That being said, A&M's front 7 is as good as anyone's in the country. Their safeties are #### good but the CBs are the weak link. A&M flat out shut down the Clemson offense except for 4 big plays made off of a few missed tackles and one totally BS non-called offensive PI. take those 4 plays away and you're left with less than 200 yards of total offense. Essentially nothing to write home about, take away any 4 plays you want on A&M and they still are at 400 yards of total offense. It's pretty simple, A&M's defense did a much better job of stopping Clemson's vaunted Offense, and A&M's Offense moved the ball better than anyone has in the last 5 years.

Clemson was out-coached, out gained and out defended. You will learn in life, when you talk about luck, the harder you work, the luckier you will get. Both teams got lucky. Neither would have had much to show for their efforts without a little luck. Clemson has worked #### hard to earn that luck, many things had to happen just right. Do not make yourself look the fool and say things from an emotional POV. A&M has the athletes at the right positions and finally getting coached, to play head to head with Clemson. I made a ton of money betting on the game because there are for too many people who believed the hype rather than the reality.

The officials were from the ACC. We got no help.***

Sep 10, 2018, 4:22 PM [ in reply to Hard to guage TAMU due to numerous holds not called ]

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 10, 2018, 2:54 PM

The real question is USuC the best team UGA will play this year? Seeing as the SECLeast is pretty shaky division. UGA better watch out for Kentucky. It was hard to say that with a straight face. Go Tigers.

An easier schedule is welcomed, esp after the last few years

Sep 10, 2018, 3:07 PM

I think our toughest regular season match-up will be against BC. However, if they officiated the Texas AM game right and called all the holding taking place, the scoreboard would've shown a different game and you wouldn't be asking this question. We should've at least had 5+ more sacks.

Still a little too early to tell who's legit. NC State may surprise a few folks when it's all said and done. Regardless, our schedule will appear stout towards the end of the year, after we play VT in the ACC CG and head to the playoffs... :)

no Alabama***

no Alabama***

no Alabama***

Sep 10, 2018, 3:32 PM

They are definitely one of the few, if not only, teams we'll play with only one cupcake game worth of film to plan with.

Sep 10, 2018, 3:41 PM

Aggies will give up 50+ points in 3 games this year. We made them look pretty good.

Totally Agree***

Sep 10, 2018, 4:21 PM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is SCAR the best team YOU will play all season..agree or

Sep 10, 2018, 4:24 PM

Disagree?

Maybe LSU ... maybe Auburn ... who knows?

But, you just beat a”ranked” team on the road, so ... time will tell.

;)

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Is SCAR the best team YOU will play all season..agree or

Sep 10, 2018, 5:12 PM

Nope. They beat a RANK team on the road.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Sep 10, 2018, 4:26 PM

No, Alabama is the best team we will play.

At least until the ACC CG***

Sep 10, 2018, 4:28 PM

Disagree. Wake Forest > TAMU, plus we also play Wake

Sep 10, 2018, 4:30 PM

on the road against their famed 'quiet out' crowd.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 10, 2018, 4:32 PM

I found a picture of the OP

We tend to make some teams seem better than they are....

Sep 10, 2018, 4:33 PM

so we really can't answer until we the season is over.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 10, 2018, 4:37 PM

How do you agree or disagree to a question?
That said I would say based on talent them and FSU. We will know more about NCST after this week against WVU. They barely beat JMU but they have a good secondary and a really good QB with some WRs and a solid RB.

Sep 10, 2018, 5:22 PM

NO - not even close

Sep 10, 2018, 5:26 PM

Is KY the best team you will play or season?

Sep 10, 2018, 5:48 PM

ACC officials, but SEC replay officials. Next.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 46
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic