Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Is South Carolina now looking at Larry Fedora ?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 2,905

Is South Carolina now looking at Larry Fedora ?

Nov 29, 2015, 2:56 PM

That's what a gamecock fan told me today.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Is South Carolina now looking at Larry Fedora ?

Nov 29, 2015, 2:59 PM

They are getting to the point of looking for someone, anyone, to say yes...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 29, 2015, 3:01 PM

Fedora is a very good coach and has a nice staff...but won't leave UNC.. UNC is the better job

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 29, 2015, 3:09 PM [ in reply to Re: Is South Carolina now looking at Larry Fedora ? ]

I think the only way Fedora leaves UNC for USC would be one or more of the following reasons:

1. football will always play second fiddle to basketball in Chapel Hill so if he wants to be the biggest coach on campus, South Carolina would be a good fit.

2. Fear of the repercussions of the academic scandal internally at UNC regardless of what the NCAA does. South Carolina has never made any bones about it football players being Rhodes scholars. That would make USC a good fit.

3. South Carolina will throw a lot more money at football than UNC ever will. He may be seduced by that.

4. He could be seduced by the siren song on coaching in "vaunted" SEC.

5. Fan support at South Carolina is much more passionate regardless of the product on the field than Tar Heel football fans ever will be. That could be a draw for him right there.

Nov 29, 2015, 6:47 PM

Reason #1. At USuCk football will always be second fiddle to women's basketball!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Chad Morris still available

Nov 29, 2015, 6:47 PM [ in reply to Re: Is South Carolina now looking at Larry Fedora ? ]

And will probably take any offer, after yesterday!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 29, 2015, 3:02 PM

that would actually be a win for them if he could bring Chizik, or lure in a quality DC.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

heard that two days ago from a coot fan, it's made up...

Nov 29, 2015, 3:04 PM

Why would Fedora leave a good thing for a dumpster fire that will always be looking up to UGA, UT, and UF? Coot fans are delusional. With all the job openings, coots don't stand a chance at a quality candidate.

Re: heard that two days ago from a coot fan, it's made up...

Nov 29, 2015, 3:08 PM

Because the tar holes do not back football. I hate to say it but uscjr is the better job

Nov 29, 2015, 3:10 PM [ in reply to heard that two days ago from a coot fan, it's made up... ]

because SCU can afford to pay him a lot more than UNC.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 29, 2015, 3:12 PM

At Scar he would always be second fiddle to the vaunted lady ##### basketball team...

They are to the point of looking at anyone

Nov 29, 2015, 3:05 PM

that will look at them back. However, Fedora isn't leaving UNC for USuCk. Lateral move at best and Chapel Hill > Columbia by a landslide.

Chapel Hill Much Better Place Than The Graveyard of Coaches***

Nov 29, 2015, 3:12 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Chapel Hill Much Better Place Than The Graveyard of Coaches***

Nov 29, 2015, 3:21 PM

Rumors have been going around for a couple weeks that Fedora is wanting out of Chapel Hill. Don't know if he would want anything to do with the mess in Columbia.

Nov 29, 2015, 3:49 PM

Well if he wants out ,he has lots of options. Looks like it could not be a worse year for USuC to be looking for a coach. Maybe they can plead with Spurrier to come back.

For a couple more years!***

Nov 29, 2015, 6:39 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 29, 2015, 6:48 PM [ in reply to Chapel Hill Much Better Place Than The Graveyard of Coaches*** ]

Sounds like a lateral move to me at best and wouldn't make sense unless the coots break the bank

Nov 29, 2015, 7:00 PM

Fedora wants out of UNCheat due to the academic scandal after effects that are coming in 2016. The looming sanctions are going to impact recruiting. I agree Fedora best be careful what he asks for. I live in NECola and rumors abound, but their radio will be overboard with unhappy fans Monday afternoon.

I can't wait to watch the meltdown in the next few weeks!

Go Tigers!

maybe Chizik - I didn't think of that...but now it doesn't seem like such a far-fetched idea***

Nov 29, 2015, 6:46 PM

Replies: 18
| visibility 2,905
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic