Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Is Sikes Lot just handicapped parking now?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1,661

Is Sikes Lot just handicapped parking now?

Aug 2, 2016, 1:57 PM

Also, Lot 13 appears to be tiny. There's not gonna be any parking left unless they build a garage somewhere.

http://www.clemsontigers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=28500&ATCLID=209961894

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just posted the same thing. It's gone I'm afraid.***

Aug 2, 2016, 1:58 PM

Re: Is Sikes Lot just handicapped parking now?

Aug 2, 2016, 2:46 PM

I believe most of lot 13 is now the soccer practice field. With the success of the football program, coupled with new facilities (both athletic and academic), more on-campus parking is lost every year. Parking for football games is only going to get worse. As 'Sleepy' Thompson taught in Econ, it's the law of supply and demand.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They need to build a garage or two

Aug 2, 2016, 2:51 PM

and make most of the lots tent-only. You can fit a lot more tailgates on the lots if the cars are a half mile away in a garage.

That sounds like fun. Carrying stuff to a car a half mile

Aug 2, 2016, 4:03 PM

away at 1 am after a night game.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: That sounds like fun. Carrying stuff to a car a half mile

Aug 3, 2016, 1:31 PM

Seems to work fine at other schools.

You can probably just drive over to the lot after the game and pick your stuff up if you have a lot. The people who don't have much stuff could just carry everything with them and leave direct from the garage. It might potentially reduce traffic because you'd have 2 waves of people leaving instead of just one.

Another option would be to provide shuttle buses with underneath storage between the lots and the garages. the shuttles could move pretty quickly because there would be very few cars between the garage and the tailgate lot.

Re: Is Sikes Lot just handicapped parking now?

Aug 2, 2016, 2:57 PM

can park a few cars on 17,000 acres

Lots 20, 21, 22, Brooks are also numbered parking now

Aug 2, 2016, 4:07 PM

That's a huge change. To me that translates to a whole bunch of mid- to lower-level donors getting screwed out of parking spaces that they've been using for years.

I am not looking forward to getting parking space assignments this year. It's going to be ugly.

I feel a bit misled in this whole thing.

Aug 2, 2016, 4:24 PM

They set an early deadline for donations and ticket/parking purchases. They should have had ample time to notify those who may have upgraded their donation if they knew they were going to lose their lot due to construction. Or, perhaps they plan their construction projects sooner than 4 months in advance and could have had the ACTUAL parking map available at the time of the payment/order deadline. I give a paltry $2,500 per year to IPTAY, which has been more than enough to park at Sikes for many years. If I had known Sikes was closing down and was no longer an option, I would have been happy to kick in a bit more. Like I said before, I feel like a dog for complaining b/c it's a handicapped lot, but IPTAY dropped the ball on this one. Part of me thinks they're delaying the release of parking/seats because they are dreading what's coming.

Re: I feel a bit misled in this whole thing.

Aug 3, 2016, 3:56 PM

Oh, no doubt they're delaying it. Last year they released the information on a late Friday morning, I'm guessing so their employees could escape from the office before the phone started ringing off the hook. I expect that it will be Friday afternoon again this year, so that all calls go right to voicemail.

I try to be patient with my parking stuff, but it seems like they screw me every year no matter what I do. So I'm preparing to be angry/disappointed.

build man-made islands near the Hartwell dikes

Aug 2, 2016, 4:17 PM

like the Japanese do to create landspace.

Or better yet, Giant Barges.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: build man-made islands near the Hartwell dikes

Aug 2, 2016, 5:14 PM

No need to build islands on Hartwell - just let the Army Corps of Engineers drain the lake like they did several years ago and there will be plenty of dry land to park on. That is why so many docks on Hartwell have wheels on them - to chase the water when the Corps invariably lets out too much water.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Build docks and institute sailgating

Aug 3, 2016, 1:33 PM [ in reply to build man-made islands near the Hartwell dikes ]

like they do at Tennessee, Washington State, Baylor, etc.

Then I'd have a place for my yacht...***

Aug 3, 2016, 1:37 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

how many new spots are there next to Littlejohn?

Aug 3, 2016, 2:01 PM

lot of work being done lately on the wooded area between LJ and 93 - took out trees and graded several areas. looks like they added quite a few spots if you look at the parking maps (Lot 3E)

http://www.clemsontigers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?&ATCLID=209961894

Replies: 14
| visibility 1,661
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic