Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Is Ricky Fowler the
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1

Is Ricky Fowler the

Aug 10, 2019, 1:05 PM

Dale Jr of golf. He Is the most commercialized golfer outside of Tiger and Phill with no major to his name outside the players championship. Jr was always a fan favorite because of his pedigree but never won a championship at the top level. Fowler has only won a handful of tournaments but is always towards the top half of the leaderboard but seems to be in a lot of sponsored commercials.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Is Ricky Fowler the

Aug 10, 2019, 1:35 PM

I like the comparison. I love his fiancé...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Picture says it all . . .

Aug 10, 2019, 3:06 PM

Rickie's fiancé, Allison Stokkes . . . . Some of you will remember her from her time as a pole vaulter for UC Berkeley

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Commercialization of Rickie is working! I like him!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Only regarding his fan and commercial appeal, I think,

Dale Jr, or any driver, drives because a team pays him to drive. Not saying Dale Jr wasn't a legit driver - of course he was - but being Dale Jr was just about enough to get a job. Regarding owning a team, again, that is about sponsorship and being Dale Jr is enough.

Being Ricky Fowler gets him almost nothing. Finish outside the top 125 and you're gone, doesn't matter your name. The Korn Ferry Tour has a number of names anyone would otherwise recognize. Fowler could easily be one of them, and he knows it. Staying in the top 125 is dog-eat-dog hard, like trying to stay on an NFL roster with 1500 less spots available (1650 for the NFL, 125 for the Tour). As hard as getting on an NFL roster is, getting a Tour Card is at another level.

At the moment Fowler is ranked about 15th in the entire world, a little higher than that on the Tour. 7 billion people on the planet, he's #15 via proof of what he goes out and does right now. He's not Dale Jr.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic