Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Is Rece Davis full of it or is he just a douchè?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

Is Rece Davis full of it or is he just a douchè?

Nov 26, 2019, 8:45 PM

After Galloway asks “Why would anyone be afraid to play Clemson, since they (‘we’) aren’t any good?”

Then Davis says “ ONLY Dabo was saying that...”

smdh

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Rece, is still mad what we did to his alma mater***

Nov 26, 2019, 8:47 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Rece, is still mad what we did to his alma mater***

Nov 27, 2019, 9:24 AM

Just another paid mouthpiece for the SEC...will never forget the 'fece facia' look on his face at halftime in the championship game..he and Timmy Teabow were mouthing about a comeback and Rece had this look on his face that made him look like a white 'Queenie Williams'..and after the game it was probably a two Xanax night for Rece followed by several days of Prozac....none of those paid SEC douchebags get it and were all mouthing at the start of this season about Clemson dying because losing so many great front players to the NFL, "it's all ended for Clemson"...well darling 'Clemmons Cow College' is back and they have somehow forgot that A&M was down 24-3 and scored with six seconds left in the game...think we let them so Jumbo Fishnet would not have a stroke! Best coaches make best teams and the best is yet to come for Clemson!

Re: Is Rece Davis full of it or is he just a douchè?

Nov 26, 2019, 8:51 PM

Can’t he be both?

Perfect!***

Nov 26, 2019, 8:56 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 26, 2019, 9:14 PM

He actually is a ######. Not a very nice guy.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

Nov 26, 2019, 10:05 PM

Can he be BOTH?

Something else about Rece

Nov 26, 2019, 10:44 PM

I don't know how he got the job, or at least, got that far up in the ESPN announcer hierarchy.

He is difficult to understand. In a way, he's like Lou Holtz without the lisp. Not only is he nasally sounding - he's got "marble mouth." Listen to anybody else; Herbie, Galloway, Palmer....the only one who is often unintelligible is Rece. He's got some kind of weird mouth thing going, and you can't (at least I can't) hear his "S" sounds - as if his teeth don't touch. When he says an "S" sound, it just disappears.

Just the opposite of someone like Matthew McConaughey, whose "S" sounds are downright annoying. In the broadcasting/voice business the "McConaughey 'S'" will normally get you fired or not hired - but - he's a big star, etc.

Rece's S-sound is just not there. Marble mouth.

Re: Something else about Rece

Nov 27, 2019, 1:45 AM

That's actually something some professional speakers train to do...diminish the S's because they can come across so harsh through sound gear and on recordings. I've known theater people that have that subtle S thing going on and drives me crazy...comes across haughty and condescending.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 27, 2019, 2:04 AM [ in reply to Something else about Rece ]

Sorry, but I'm gonna have to instruct the orderlies that you U must go back under the restrictive tether of the straight jacket till we can restore your sanity?please stop writing letters to Mr Davis's parents!

Nov 27, 2019, 9:35 AM [ in reply to Something else about Rece ]

Kinda harsh. He has the same "impediment" Tom Brokaw has--inability (or whatever) to pronounce the letter "L" with the tip of his tongue, but rather in the back of his throat. This is fairly common. I imagine there might be people on this board with the same issue. Be careful you don't inadvertently offend your Tiger brother. (FTR, I don't have that issue.)

Nov 26, 2019, 10:50 PM

I really don’t get why you would be pissed at that comment. He’s saying that nobody has said Clemson isn’t good, just that Dabo is saying that they said that (to motivate his team, presumably).

I really don’t see that as an offensive comment.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was thinking the same thing.***

Nov 26, 2019, 11:57 PM

Nov 27, 2019, 1:11 AM [ in reply to Re: Is Rece Davis full of it or is he just a douchè? ]

Because it's an outright lie. As Clemson was falling from #1 to #2 to #3 to #4 to #5, the narrative - led by ESPN and others - was Clemson wasn't that good this year. They were making fun of Joey Galloway for keeping Clemson #1. Now they act like that never happened and only Dabo was saying we're were being disrespected.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Galloway will have the last laugh

Nov 27, 2019, 1:15 AM

Nov 27, 2019, 6:46 AM [ in reply to Re: Is Rece Davis full of it or is he just a douchè? ]

Since when does falling from #1 to #5 mean the team isn't good? Maybe it's possible those in the discussion just think there are a few teams who - so far this year - have looked better than Clemson.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 27, 2019, 7:11 AM

Because whenever you mention Clemson, the perceived weakness of the ACC comes right behind it. Having the previous National Champ unblemished with a 30+ pt win margin continuously drop in the rankings is unheard of. It is then justified by the talking heads because “Lawrence has regressed” and the wins are only because everyone we play sucks. That’s how going from #1 to #5 shows that Clemson was looked at as not worthy of Playoff bid and that we weren’t as good as other top 5 teams

Nov 27, 2019, 9:39 AM

the weakness of the ACC isn't perceived. It's very real.

Nov 27, 2019, 10:54 AM [ in reply to Re: Is Rece Davis full of it or is he just a douchè? ]

Every time an SEC team beats a ranked team, those wins are diminished here by people claiming the other teams were overrated. ND, Florida, and Auburn were going to beat UGA. UGA beat them then suddenly they were all overrated so it didn't count. Yet, Clemson fans seem to want recognition and the #1 ranking for their team beating the crap out of unranked ACC teams.

Ohio State, LSU, and UGA have more impressive wins than Clemson. I don't think it matters because Clemson is going to embarrass SC Saturday and do pretty much the same to whoever they play in the ACCCG. Everyone knows Clemson is a playoff team. Looking at it objectively though, there is an argument for Ohio State and LSU to be ranked above Clemson.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

because " - have looked better than Clemson. " is crap

Nov 27, 2019, 8:59 AM [ in reply to Re: Is Rece Davis full of it or is he just a douchè? ]

Clemson looks like 15-0

now 26-0

and it's bogus

it's media bias

null

Rece Davis = D I c k w a d***

Nov 27, 2019, 12:02 AM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Work Hard, Do Your Best, Keep Your Word, Never Get Too Big For Your Britches, Trust In God, Have no fear and Never Forget a Friend ~ Harry S. Truman

Nov 27, 2019, 12:58 AM

Now there's no question, his words are sinister, evil & proof he is an instrument of the Adversary

Proving once again Clemson fans are a sensitive bunch***

Nov 27, 2019, 1:16 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Proving once again Clemson fans are a sensitive bunch***

Nov 27, 2019, 10:06 AM

Calling out a blatant lie isn’t being sensitive. Just setting the record straight.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Always liked him:

Nov 27, 2019, 1:47 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88-qAiyS8rQ

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Same here Joe. I guess you have to ...........

Nov 27, 2019, 7:08 AM

find something to complain about on this side.

Last week it was Maria and this week it's Rece. Hmmm who's next?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes....and Yes.....***

Nov 27, 2019, 6:24 AM

Nov 27, 2019, 7:11 AM

People in here are way too sensitive. Rece does a good job. He creates conversation with his sarcastic comments.
Enjoy the ride we are on.

Nov 27, 2019, 7:29 AM

^^ Correct. Enjoy the ride and get some perspective. I wonder if Chicken fans are concerned what was said about them on that show? Nope.

He is the same as most folks on here on the TigerNets

Nov 27, 2019, 9:34 AM

Not a ######... and just sometimes full of it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic