Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Is KB who we thought he was?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

Is KB who we thought he was?

Nov 5, 2017, 8:28 AM

First off KB in my book has done well with his opportunity. He probably gives us the best chance to win the way he runs. And he can even throw the ball a little bit at times. And has looked really good at times this year throwing the ball. But let’s just face the facts he’s not a great passer. So I’s he who we thought he was at the beginning of the year? My thoughts is he gives us the best chance this year. And is a touch better then I thought he be. But next year TL will be light years better then Bryant. And well we know how that will pan out.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Is KB who we thought he was?

Nov 5, 2017, 8:30 AM

KB will start nedt year and he should. He throws the ball dang good. He was off early in the game. Have you never seen DW be off?? I know I have.

Nov 5, 2017, 8:37 AM

I would not bank on that. Hunter or TL may beat him out. It will all come down to how much Kelly can separate the competition with his legs. There is Big separation from the others in this area which cannot be discounted for the offense we run.

I am hoping he can improve his deep ball a little. We hit on 2 of those and this game is a complete blowout.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 5, 2017, 9:28 AM [ in reply to Re: Is KB who we thought he was? ]

"He throws the ball dang good" come on man. I understand supporting our starting QB but don't make dumb statements like that. He has fallen off with his passing from the beginning of the season for what ever reason. KB gives us the best chance to win right now mostly because of his ability to keep the defense honest with his running ability.

Nov 5, 2017, 8:22 PM

His passing skills are in question.

Nov 5, 2017, 9:38 AM [ in reply to Re: Is KB who we thought he was? ]

^^^This^^^
Even if TL beats him out, KB needs to be on the field.

Nov 5, 2017, 8:37 AM

I think so, just better....Everyone talks that he is an average passer. I don't think that gives him enough credit. He has made some tough throws. True, he overshoots on midrange out-routes, but he can make up for it on the over-the-middle throws (when given the opportunity). I believe his bigger trouble is lack of continuity at WR (except from Renfrow). Cain drops one or two passes a game that would make KB look A WHOLE lot better. Some of the younger receivers give up on routes or just aren't where they should be....Might be a problem of too many weapons!

The one thing I see that I wish he could do differently is run with authority. It is almost like he doesn't realize he's 225 pounds. He runs tentatively, and takes some hits that he shouldn't. Either get all the way down, or pound the defender...half-way is getting him popped.

KB will get better and better as we march toward the CFB Playoff...

Nov 5, 2017, 8:44 AM

Agreed. He seems to patient at times. There are times when he needs to explode through the defender. There was a play yesterday where if he just lowered his shoulders and ran straight forward he would have been close to a first. We punted on that drive.

There is 1 or 2 examples of this each game. Seems more of a mental adjustment though.

Nov 5, 2017, 8:42 AM

Deon was open by 7 yards on a deep post and he ends up throwing a jump ball that’s broken up....he’s an awful passer.

Passing is just as critical to our offense as the run game is...especially when we match up vs teams like Bama that are built to stop the run.

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Worst game

Nov 5, 2017, 8:47 AM

This is the worst I’ve seen him pass. Off night I guess, adjusting to the pressures of the team in playoff hunt maybe. He is not the best passer in college football sure but he is better than what we saw yesterday

Re: Worst game

Nov 5, 2017, 8:51 AM

If KB wants to play in the NFL and who doesn't, he better move to wide receiver. Tall and athletic as he is, he would have a real shot. He won't as a QB.

Nov 5, 2017, 9:44 AM [ in reply to Re: Is KB who we thought he was? ]

The sad truth is, our wide receiver talent has largely be wasted this year. I don't know why we have a running quarterback who (especially last night) has a problem with accuracy... and we throw the ball 38 times. Seems like we would do better running the ball on at least 10 of those pass attempts. Not a criticism, just an observation.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 5, 2017, 8:48 AM

He's done better than I expected, look at the record and ranking and resume. I thought last night was rough, but he still got the W

He's in a tough spot having to follow a legend, especially when said legend would have been a top5 NFL MVP candidate

KB is the best qb on campus this year, Dabo made the right call. But he will not be next year, in fact I think he'll be third at best. Gonna make for interesting fodder on t-net

Nov 5, 2017, 8:50 AM

But I thought no that will change

Nov 5, 2017, 8:54 AM [ in reply to Re: Is KB who we thought he was? ]

Why are constantly trying to tear KB down? I just don’t get it. People outside our program have more respect for him than fans of his own team.

I'm with you.

Nov 5, 2017, 8:58 AM

KB has done nothing but win every game he's been able to play.

Nov 5, 2017, 8:58 AM [ in reply to Re: Is KB who we thought he was? ]

Not tearing him down. I have been pleasantly surprised and impressed by his performance.

We were critical of DW last year over throwing recievers and interceptions left and right that cost us the Pitt game and nearly the NC State game last year.

Just areas he needs to work on. Still a very good player and I am proud of how hard he has worked to improve.

Nov 5, 2017, 9:33 AM

I don’t remember anyone saying DW would lose his job.

Nov 5, 2017, 9:00 AM [ in reply to Re: Is KB who we thought he was? ]

Has nothing to do with trying to tear KB down. I think he’s the best we got right now. He plays his heart out. It’s just a simple question is he who we thought he be? Or better?

Depends on what you thought he was

Nov 5, 2017, 9:04 AM

I'd say yes. He's proven to be a serviceable guy that can manage the game. He's not gonna go out and win games like Watson but he's not gonna lose them either. As long as our defense stays good, we'll be in every game we play.

KB has exceeded my expectations.***

Nov 5, 2017, 9:10 AM

Mine too, thanks!***

Nov 5, 2017, 8:43 PM

He's better. He's an average passer and most were expecting below average

Nov 5, 2017, 9:37 AM

or flat out bad. He's also pretty calm back there.

Other than Hunter, Tiger WR's have improvement opportunities

Nov 5, 2017, 7:35 PM

Adjusting their speed and body to block out defenders, high-pointing the ball and making catches with tight coverage.

Williams, Scott and even Leggett (albeit a little inconsistent) were very good at these skills.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 5, 2017, 7:43 PM

If he is as good as the last three Alabama QBs I like our chances. I dont even remember the name of the Bama QB that beat us in 2015......

Message was edited by: keith75®

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hes better than we thought and might get better

Nov 5, 2017, 7:46 PM

You play with the QB you have not the one you want.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 5, 2017, 7:49 PM

Pretty much. I have been pleasantly suprised with him and his ability to game manage for the most part. He is a great runner but below average passer. His accuracy on anything over 20 yards is atrocious even taking into consideration yesterday was his worst game. Tigers averaged more yards per rush than per pass yesterday.

My biggest concern is what will happen when facing a team that can shut down the running game, I simply (from what I have seen so far this year) don’t believe KB can win the game with his arm.

Nov 5, 2017, 7:54 PM

Has to be able to hit these wide open deep balls. My only real complaint. He doesn’t even give our guys a chance.

Nov 5, 2017, 7:59 PM

As the stakes get higher, he needs to be more consistent with his throws.

Nov 5, 2017, 8:27 PM

He's good. He's not Watson. We might get a Watson once every 25 years. Don't look for every q.b. to be him.

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic