Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Is Hilinski really that bad? Or
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 2,371

Is Hilinski really that bad? Or

Nov 17, 2019, 12:17 PM

Is he hurt? Watched some of the USUC game and he was wildly inaccurate on almost every throw I saw.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He was rated anywhere from the 2nd best to 4th best QB

Nov 17, 2019, 12:19 PM

coming out of High School.

Kinda like Brisset at Florida when Mushcamp was he coach.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Is Hilinski really that bad? Or

Nov 17, 2019, 12:24 PM

How can you say he is inaccurate. Every ball he throws is in the stadium. Even the Russian ICBM's of the '60s could hit the playing field.

Nov 17, 2019, 12:29 PM

He's getting gun-shy.

He looked pretty durn good early on his first couple games. Then he started getting pounded over the course of the year and his few good receivers picked up nicks...and his confidence departed.

Rebuilding it is going to be tough...and again, is Exhibit A for why you really don't want to rush an underdeveloped true frosh in early; once a QB loses his confidence getting him un-shelled can require a master psychologist. (Which Muschamp, incidentally, is assuredly not!)

Honestly both Jake Bentley and Hilinksi have shown more than ample talent to be upper-echelon SEC QB's, but it's a glaring indictment on Muschamp and his staff that he's already ruined both guys.

Actually it's even worse than that, because he also managed to ruin Conner Mitch and Brandon McIlwain (I know, who? - he runs through them so fast you forget they existed!) who were both former 4-stars as well.

That's just incompetence, when you're gifted no less than 4 4-star QB's and you never field even a Top-50 offense at any point in your tenure with any of them.

That's the Champ, though, pretty much everywhere he's been since he left Mack Brown at Texas.

He has a long list of 4 star qb talent he has squandered going all the way back to UF.***

Nov 17, 2019, 12:53 PM

I’m not sure that I have ever seen that from anyone else.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

#PerryOrthForever***

Nov 17, 2019, 4:25 PM [ in reply to Re: Is Hilinski really that bad? Or ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 17, 2019, 12:31 PM

He is actually pretty accurate if given time, and his receivers can actually catch the ball. He is usually hurried, and scrambling for his life. I bet his mom cries a lot.

Nov 17, 2019, 12:50 PM

I think it is the circumstances. He is banged up, playing on a team with key offensive players missing or also banged up. Add to that the HC has a bad history developing QBs. He has potential, just playing in less than ideal conditions.

Nov 17, 2019, 12:48 PM

Muschamp left him in against BAMA to get a score in garbage time. He took a pounding late in that game.

And he's taken a pounding since, but a lake injury late against BAMA seems to be what started the downward slide.

Long story short, it looks like Champ has already ruined another promising QB. And, Joyner is supposedly in the concussion protocol this week.

Nov 17, 2019, 12:50 PM

Fair warning. There's a storm a bruin' and it's headed for a direct hit on WB on November 30, going by the names of Simmons, Muse, and XT. Hilinski is going to hurt, and hurt bad, when he feels the full wrath of one of these guys.

Nov 17, 2019, 12:52 PM

I think his biggest issue is similar to Bentley’s. No run game. Feaster was the best player on the field and they were better with some run threat.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 17, 2019, 12:57 PM

He appears to be a “ hot or cold” player. The inconsistency may be due to him being a freshman.
I’m hoping his next game is not “hot”.

Nov 17, 2019, 1:04 PM

The answer is simple. Will Muschamp
And his staff has no sign of being able to develop players at their position more so at the QB position. He had tremendous talent at Florida and both the colts and the gators regressed under his reign. He has no business being a head coach!

hurt

Nov 17, 2019, 1:13 PM

knee, elbow, and probably shoulder

think he may have injured his left wrist last night

i know young folks want to start, but probably wasn't ready physically

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: hurt

Nov 17, 2019, 3:51 PM

Wonder if he will hang around if Willl gets booted ?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 14
| visibility 2,371
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic