Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Is H. Renfrow our best WR 10+ yds down the field right now?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

Is H. Renfrow our best WR 10+ yds down the field right now?

Oct 8, 2015, 9:55 PM

Let's face it. Peake lacks aggressiveness in attacking the ball, GHOP had another drop last game, I don't believe Trevion has a catch yet, and Cain's still too green. Scott and Ray Ray are good in the short passing game, but neither has shown much ability down the field. Renfrow's the only guy who has shown any consistency as far as making plays down the field.

If this is the case, should he be moved outside so we can get him more opportunities despite him not being that tall in stature?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Is H. Renfrow our best WR 10+ yds down the field right now?

Oct 8, 2015, 10:05 PM

The assessment is correct. That's why coordinators get paid . It's called scheming.We need to utilize players to the best of their abilities.

Oct 8, 2015, 10:08 PM

HR is the man!!! He is the go guy to catch the ball - first down or touch down. He and Tay Scott are our best receivers. :)

Oct 8, 2015, 10:20 PM

So Charone lacks aggressiveness because you saw one ball get picked that was thrown his way?? Yes, he should have caught that or knocked it down -which I've seen him do a hundred times on the field- but he was falling back. If he would have got his hands on it, my money says he snatches it from the db.
And anyone that has watched Scott knows he's a deep threat as well, we've all seen him go up over bigger guys. The scheme hasn't called for him downfield, especially when he's thriving taking screens and pop passes.

Consider opponents, defensive strength, and weather when making assumptions too.

Oct 8, 2015, 10:29 PM

It's not just that. A good wr locates the ball earlier and is in position to make that play. He is supposed to be are go to guy and he doesn't adjust to to the ball well and has questionible hands. Hopper just is so inconsistent. It was a mistake to move. It gave us 2 guys with below average ball skills.

Looks for
Thompson/Cain
Scott/ McCloud
Renfrow

To get most of the snaps this week.

Oct 8, 2015, 10:38 PM

No way they get the start over Charone, only way they get more snaps is if we jump on GT before halftime. How dare you call his hands questionable.

I'm a peaceful guy and don't want to argue but y'all are looking at a two game stretch, it was ONE ball.

What about that one hander last year? Or the catches he gets blown up on and hangs on?

Oct 8, 2015, 10:42 PM

Oh yeah, didn't remember those?
Or maybe it's a combination on those hands, on a 6ft 3in body, that runs a 4.3

Oct 8, 2015, 10:45 PM [ in reply to Re: Is H. Renfrow our best WR 10+ yds down the field right now? ]

I agree with you he will still start, but I also think he works better at the 2 position. The balls you talk about in traffic are the perfect example. When he is focused and hit in the hands he is great at hanging on to the ball. I do agree with most on here about his ability to go up and attack the ball. It isn't just a two game stretch but throughout his career he has shown it isn't in his nature. Charone has all the talent in the world and even without the aggression he will be a very good receiver but it is that drive that sets players apart. Jaron Brown is a very good receiver but never had that drive to be the best every play. Charone will play in the NFL, but until he decides he must win every down he will not be the First round pick that Nuk and Sammy are.

null

Oct 8, 2015, 10:51 PM

Also some guys are better coming off the bench. I think peak is a wr that would do better with limited snaps. Think he loses focus during a whole game.

Oct 8, 2015, 10:52 PM [ in reply to Re: Is H. Renfrow our best WR 10+ yds down the field right now? ]

I can see where you're coming from. I don't think we've seen it recently the past few years due to injury. I think Brown is the exact opposite of your description, not a great athlete (compared to us he is) but the heart and drive keep him in the nfl.
Charone won't be a first round pick for lack of production due to injury but he WILL blow up the combine and get drafted higher than some think.

Oct 8, 2015, 10:48 PM [ in reply to Re: Is H. Renfrow our best WR 10+ yds down the field right now? ]

He has had questionible hand if whole carrer. He has a lot of flat out drops and never catches the ball in traffic. He is a really bad fit for the 9 man postion. He needs to be move back. Dabo I think hinted to peak being demoted in his press conference this week. Thompson/Cain will get there chance this weekend.

Bank on it

Like to see Zac Brooks used as a receiver - he has looked

Oct 8, 2015, 10:34 PM

wheel routes out of rb position spelling Wayne some. He has best ypg among rbs too!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Like to see Zac Brooks used as a receiver - he has looked

Oct 8, 2015, 10:50 PM

I'm a huge Zach fan. Tough to please them all when we have
to feed the young Five stars. He was the #1 RB coming in '14.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic