Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Is Gundy done at Oklahoma State?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 2,358

Is Gundy done at Oklahoma State?

Jun 15, 2020, 5:57 PM

Oklahoma State's entire offensive line immediately said they stand with Chuba Hubbard. Several other current players including their star linebacker have said they stand with him. More will join them. Several former Oklahoma State players have already said they stand with him.

A reporter from the Oklahoman newspaper just said on Finebaum about Gundy: "He’s got an iron-clad contract. He’s almost unfirable." We will see. The players across college football have always had the power to bring about the change they want. The more they realize that, the more leverage they will use. In the words of Trevor Lawrence:

“It’s easy to stay quiet because we don’t want to make people mad, but my thoughts on it are like, those aren’t the kind of fans you want if it makes them mad when you stand up for equality.”

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Is Gundy done at Oklahoma State?

Jun 15, 2020, 6:03 PM

Not sure trying to get coaches fired over a t-shirt is what Trevor was referencing, or are you part of the crowd that thinks Dabo should go for his "insensitive" t-shirt as well? Hard to take people seriously when they squander good will and an earnest desire to improve society on witch hunts like this.

Jun 15, 2020, 6:13 PM

this is ludicrous~!!! there was nothing wrong with the T shirt....some of you people are ultra sensitive snowflakes and one day its going to bite you in the ###....and one day--the conservatives are going to say enuff is enuff..and its going to get U G L Y...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 15, 2020, 7:01 PM

Nothing wrong in your view , I think is what you meant .
Obviously his players feel otherwise .
Some of the rhetoric that is said in one direction or the other will always get the opposition to react .
This shouldn't be a foreign concept to any of us , particularly when viewed through the lens of current events .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jun 15, 2020, 6:16 PM

They must have really disliked Gundy before this shirt thing happened.

Jun 15, 2020, 6:24 PM

Yep its seeming that way. Clearly they hate awful mullets

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 15, 2020, 7:04 PM [ in reply to Re: Is Gundy done at Oklahoma State? ]

"Athletic director Mike Holder also released a statement on the situation.

"This afternoon has been very disturbing," said Mike Holder. "The tweets from the current and former players are of grave concern."

Pokes Report has also learned that Brent Goodger, an attorney kept on retainer by the Oklahoma State Athletic Department, is currently working on the situation."

https://www.si.com/college/oklahomastate/football/burns-hargis-releases-statement-chuba-hubbard

What I’m finding weird about this

Jun 15, 2020, 7:20 PM

Is that there seems to be a ton of Outside people attacking the players and coming to the defense of Gundy but none of the players are.

While basically nobody except Clemson people were defending Dabo.

I guess it’s because it’s about a news agency and a few right wing media people have picked up on it

Re: What I’m finding weird about this

Jun 15, 2020, 7:40 PM

Left wing media can't stand the thought of another right wing media outlet so they will, by proxy, attempt to destroy anyone who dares even wear a T-shirt with its logo. Nah nothing wrong with any of this at all.

No. And OAN - bless their hearts - just got a lot of free advertising***

Jun 15, 2020, 7:26 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 15, 2020, 7:40 PM

So now you cannot be far right Republican or far left Democrat and coach major college football? This is a reach. In a conservative controlled supreme court if I'm Gundy I'm saying game on fire me and see what it costs you. Racists are one thing but a t-shirt? If this short offends you then you're too soft for d-1 football anyway. This is way stupid. So I heard Saban watches Fox news.....is he out next??

Jun 15, 2020, 8:24 PM

who believes a far left Democrat shouldn't be allowed to coach major college football?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Jun 15, 2020, 8:00 PM

I read that Gundy has a contract through 2023 at over 5 million per year. I wonder what his buyout is?

If I were Grundy, I would Make Them Fire Me

Jun 15, 2020, 9:23 PM

Also, I would love for him to let the players know that if you choose to sit out, you will lose your Scholarship for Insubordination! Entitlement is Ruining this World.

Jun 15, 2020, 9:29 PM [ in reply to Re: Is Gundy done at Oklahoma State? ]

The buyout is the least of their worries. Donations will would significantly be reduced and T. Boone Pickens isn't around to bail them out now.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Replies: 14
| visibility 2,358
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic