Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Is David Pollack's comment good bulletin board material?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

Is David Pollack's comment good bulletin board material?

Jan 5, 2019, 12:53 PM

In a recent TV report, Pollack said he thought that the Tigers don't have the stable of running backs that Alabama has and that may be the deciding factor between a win and a loss for the Tigers!!! What has he been smoking? The Tiger backs all bring something a little different to the table, but I think all of them, having played all year long, will be more than capable of bringing fresh, strong legs to the waning stages of the game and put the game away for the Tigers. The Tide defense will be too worn out to stop the Tiger ground game as it salts away another Natty!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Is David Pollack's comment good bulletin board material?

Jan 5, 2019, 12:57 PM

He didn’t do his homework on that detail. Our backs are more than solid and will challenge Bama. Harumph!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 5, 2019, 12:59 PM

They may have the edge at RB....maybe. WHo knows? Both schools seem pretty stacked at RB. There is no reason to knock our RB's though. ETN to me is as good as anyone they have.

The difference in this game will be

Jan 5, 2019, 1:01 PM

and that is what is being ignored about ou vs bama

Jan 5, 2019, 1:09 PM

all the talk is about ou scoring and moving the ball on them..the real story is their defense that isnt that great manged to hold them to what 24 points the rest of the game after giving up 28 in 10 mins in the first quarter

Respectfully Disagree

Jan 5, 2019, 1:50 PM [ in reply to The difference in this game will be ]

I think the deciding factor in this game will be who's offensive line performs better.

Jan 5, 2019, 1:07 PM

He’s kinda right. Don’t get me wrong, our back up backs are solid college running backs, but not near as good as bamas. All 3 of their backs will play in the nfl. Feaster and choice might get nfl looks, but I’d be very surprised to see either one of them make an nfl opening day roster. Obviously etn is a beast and will play in the nfl. Anyone that doesn’t have orange colored glasses on would agree bama has a better stable of backs. That’s not a knock on our guys. Bama is bama for a reason. They have great players.

Jan 5, 2019, 1:14 PM

So compare yardage per back. I think we will do just fine.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think Feaster as as much chance in NFL as ETN.

Jan 5, 2019, 1:18 PM [ in reply to Re: Is David Pollack's comment good bulletin board material? ]

Both are very good. Go Tigers.

Jan 5, 2019, 1:27 PM [ in reply to Re: Is David Pollack's comment good bulletin board material? ]

That is why we play 11 on 11. Our biggest problem in our close games to me was the defense getting set. In the USuC game we took a Barney Fife quarter back and made him look like Joe Namath. I think we match up but that has to be corrected

Jan 5, 2019, 1:38 PM

It’s the National Championship

We shouldn’t need bulletin board material. If we do we are in trouble.

Jan 5, 2019, 1:44 PM

It’s going to be difficult for both teams to run the ball....period.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Jan 5, 2019, 2:01 PM

Last time I checked our RBs do not tackle their RBs. ETN is far and away the best back on the field.

The question Pollack should be asking is will their RBs do anything against our NFL Front 7.

I agree with the poster that stated the oline that plays better will win and I have a feeling our oline feels they have something to prove. Would not mind seeing Bockhorst in a little early for a little nastiness.

We have to match their intensity and play very salty in this one.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic