Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Iptay members that moved to the lower deck?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 51

Iptay members that moved to the lower deck?

Aug 13, 2018, 4:33 PM

Has anyone moved from the upper deck to the lower deck with their IPTAY membership in the last few years? If so, how did you do it? Increase giving or your points finally moved you? Only way I see getting to the lowers is to sell my uppers and buy from someone selling their lowers.

I don't see anyone from the uppers making it to the lowers unless the team starts to lose every game or if IPTAY reduces the maximum amount of tickets that those higher levels can buy at one time.

Its really frustrating giving 5 times more than seat equity to try to move when the ones that has the good seats don't even go to the games and sells them.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Iptay members that moved to the lower deck?

Aug 13, 2018, 5:44 PM

Points alone will not get you lower level tickets. The seat equity really means nothing until you have season tickets. You need to donate at the Fike or Heisman level to have a decent shot at getting lowers. Once you have lowers, that's when the seat equity comes into play as you need to meet the minimum seat equity requirements to keep your season tickets.

Basically, you can have 10,000 IPTAY points, but if you donate at the Orange level this year and request lowers, you won't get lowers.

There are very few lower level tickets that come available every year. Those tickets are distributed to people who requested them, first by Donation level, and then by Priority Points within each donation level.

The last few years all available lower level tickets were distributed by the time they got below the McFadden level ($6000 donation). This past year a new (or young) donor needed to donate at least $7500 to have a shot at snagging some of the lower level tickets that were available.

Either suck it up and donate at the Heisman level one year to get lowers, or continue to buy them second-hand. This is the result of having a top 5 program. It sucks how expensive it is, but I'd much rather have this problem than have a bad team.

Also, contact a local IPTAY Rep, or someone in the IPTAY office to get an idea of what is required for lowers. It's a moving target each year as someone has to give up their tickets for them to be available for others. That said, people in the IPTAY office know what was required in previous years and although demand tends to increase each year, you can still get a general idea.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 13, 2018, 8:43 PM

I wonder if anyone at those high levels will drop out now that there is no tax benefit. I guess this current IPTAY year will be telling.

Aug 14, 2018, 9:56 AM

This is definitely going to be interesting to watch. Some people will definitely drop down, but people who have become accustomed to their high demand parking spots, and can afford it, probably won't adjust much.

Also, if we win another National Championship, that will likely bring a whole new wave of support with it. I'm curious too how much the new tax laws will affect IPTAY and this whole process.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the latest OE has the 2018 numbers

Aug 14, 2018, 10:08 AM [ in reply to Re: Iptay members that moved to the lower deck? ]

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: the latest OE has the 2018 numbers

Aug 14, 2018, 10:36 AM

The numbers are good this year, but many of those donors made their donations before the end of 2017 because they knew the tax changes were coming.

they also don't say how many dropped***

Aug 14, 2018, 12:12 PM

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: is this correct?

Aug 13, 2018, 9:07 PM [ in reply to Re: Iptay members that moved to the lower deck? ]

This does not seem consistent with the Iptay formula of equal weighting of
1. Length of giving in years +
2. Lifetime giving/250 +
3. Current year donation level points.

The suggestion above that only current year giving matters seems contrary to the allocation formula.

Can anyone confirm? TIA

Re: is this correct?

Aug 14, 2018, 9:40 AM

That is how you determine how many priority points you have. Season Tickets and parking are assigned by donation level and then by priority points within each level. So Riggs level gets first chance at the newly available lowers. All Riggs donors are sorted by number of priority points.

If there are only 10 lower level tickets available, and the top 5 Riggs donors (by priority points) have requested 2 new lower level tickets and haven't reached their maximum number of season tickets, they will each get their 2 requested tickets, and there will be none left for Heisman level. If there are some still available after all Riggs requests have been made, they move on to Heisman level (sorted by # of priority points), and so on.

Bowl/CFP tickets and away games are assigned strictly by total number of priority points (doesn't matter what donation level you are at for that particular year).

Aug 13, 2018, 8:31 PM

Preach!!! I’ve doubled my donation and got the exact same seats i had last year paying half the money...i get not getting lowers, but maybe move a few rows lower or a section or two closer to midfield...

Aug 14, 2018, 9:53 AM

Talk to a local IPTAY Rep who is tuned in to IPTAY giving levels, or call the IPTAY office and try to have them give you an idea of what you get for each donation level.

If you're donating $800/year and sitting say 10 rows up on the 25 yard line in the upper deck, then double that to $1600, you probably aren't going to get better seats. People are donating $6k and still not getting lowers, and first 5-10 rows of the upper decks between the 40s don't come available very often either. They are about as difficult to come by as lowers are, especially on the South side.

This is just the result of success.

Aug 14, 2018, 12:32 PM [ in reply to Re: Iptay members that moved to the lower deck? ]

I'm currently TDI row H. I requested any open seats in sections TDB - TDH rows A-H and ended up with the same seats. Again I'm giving 5 times the seat equity. Only way I see moving below row H is someone has to drop out or get moved to the lowers.

No seats coming available = No upgrades.

Aug 14, 2018, 12:47 PM

Right now there are WAY more people joining IPTAY than there are dropping out. You cant up your donation and kick someone out of their seat. As long as they are giving the minimum, it is theirs forever. Someone has to give up seats in the section you requested, and THEN everyone at higher levels who requested upgrades gets first choice, THEN if it ever makes it to you, and only after all that, you will get your upgrade. Basically, as long as Clemson keeps winning and competing at a high level, you can forget about seat upgrades unless you dig REALLY DEEP in that wallet! People wont drop their season tickets when their team is going to the playoffs every year. I would hate to just now be getting into IPTAY!

Aug 13, 2018, 8:49 PM

When the seat equity plan was begun, those of us who were sitting in some of the prime seats were "grandfathered in". For those who were not contributing at the level to maintain those seats, they had the option to ante up to the required level or lose their seats. Practically all of those in the area where I sit were already contributing at the level to maintain those seats. I have had the same seats since 1957 or 1958. Can't remember the exact year.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 13, 2018, 8:50 PM

I think some it is timing and luck. Shortly after starting my military career, I dropped my IPTAY membership (can't go to games when in Germany). When I got stationed in Georgia in 2006, I re-joined IPTAY since I was finally close enough to make it to some home games. I joined at the "IPTAY level" and to my surprise received lower deck seats.

Looking back on it - that was near the end of the Tommy Bowden mediocrity years and I guess there were enough lower deck seats available that new IPTAY donors got into the lower decks. From that point on, I maintained my IPTAY donations and season tickets through the rest of my military career (no matter how far away my duty station was) and am glad I did. Now that I'm retired from the military and can make it to all the Clemson home games, I still have lower deck seats as a "Howard level" donor thanks to joining at the right time in 2006.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 14, 2018, 9:43 AM

Even as recently as 2012 (maybe even 2013) you could get lower level seats at the IPTAY level. But as demand goes up each year, and fewer people give up their seats each year, it becomes more and more difficult to get lowers.

We moved down this year.

Aug 13, 2018, 9:06 PM

Increased donation to something high because I needed to add a 3rd ticket anyway.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It's Baltimore, Gentlemen; the Gods will not save you."

Aug 13, 2018, 9:12 PM

Aug 13, 2018, 9:41 PM

I've been sitting in the lower deck since before there was an upper deck. Feels good.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I called and they told me I had enough priority points for lower deck seats

Aug 14, 2018, 10:02 AM

but they were in the corner so I said no thanks and staid in tdn.

Yes,

Aug 14, 2018, 10:41 AM

I was a champion donor for the last two years, My seats were in TDP. This year I bumped up to Tiger donor and requested lowers, Im in section UM this year. It looks like about the 20 yard line. Im on the very last row so im not that close to the field but they said its under the overhang so im thinking shade and dry!!!

that isn't foootball

Aug 14, 2018, 11:40 AM

you will see far more Than you would lower.

I would say you are better off

Re: Yes,

Aug 14, 2018, 1:05 PM [ in reply to Yes, ]

If what you say is correct then either the previous comments about giving to Heisman/Riggs is not an accurate statement or IPTAY screwed up and gave you the lowers by mistake. I say take'em and run!

Aug 14, 2018, 11:55 AM

I bumped my donation level from Howard to IPTAY this year and was moved from TDK to TDO. Quite the improvement in my opinion, even though still not lowers.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We should just demolish the upper decks since they

Aug 14, 2018, 12:44 PM

suck so bad. SMH

I know right! Lol just be glad to be in the stadium

Aug 14, 2018, 12:49 PM

you actually have more room up there. As long as you're in the bottom half of the upper deck you can see really good too.

Replies: 25
| visibility 51
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic