Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Iptay issue
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 3,647

Iptay issue

Nov 7, 2019, 6:48 PM

So I was talking to my dad who has tickets that he inherited from his dad. Apparently if your name is not on the billing for the tickets they will take them away from you. My grandfather had those tickets since I believe 1957 or 58. He died in 1991 and my Grandmother took over the payments until she gave them to my Dad who then took over the payments himself.

This is something new but apparently if you were a legacy they will not honor the tickets. Something about sponsors coming in to buy up tickets to give way as corporate gifts or for employees to use or something of that sort. Both my Grandfather and Father are alumni and I believe this is just plain BS.

Is anyone else dealing with this issue? I would really hate for my father to lose the tickets that he has been using since the early 90s and he has been going to games since the 70s. I already wrote to Dan R.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Iptay issue

Nov 7, 2019, 6:49 PM

Eager to see the answer as we have a similar issue.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 7, 2019, 6:53 PM

My father said he plans to speak to them about it either tomorrow or early next week.

He doesn't sound that irritated about it since he's having a harder time walking now with recent back surgery and a knee replacement that needs to happen in the next 8-9 months. But still the principal of it.

He has been going to games even when we sucked ### in the 90s yet corporate sponsors want the seats? What happens when we go back to being 6-7-8 win team? Those sponsors leave and now you have empty ####### seats.

Nov 7, 2019, 6:53 PM

Easy. This is why you name your first born after whoever's name is on the IPTAY account. Then when one generation passes away, you provide IPTAY the new address of the person who has the same name.

Nov 7, 2019, 6:55 PM

Well that's true in my dads case,

Both my grandfather and dad have the same name as well as my brother (who is the 3rd)

However the tickets are in my grandmothers name. I guess she had them transfered and maybe my father forgot to do it. Or couldn't..

Can you pull off the look in a dress?

Nov 8, 2019, 9:38 AM

:) (Sorry, but I hope, and expect, that this will get resolved in your favor. If not, then we really have turned into a soulless corporate blood sucking entity.)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 7, 2019, 6:55 PM

There were provisions made for Life Membership donors to hand down tickets one generation. Otherwise when the donor (or spouse) is gone the tickets are made available just like any other tickets. You don’t get to keep seats for generations. But I’ve chatted with folks bragging about how they are still paying dear old dead grandpa’s IPTAY dues to keep holding on to great seats. This practice is disgusting.

Not sure where the corporate donor crap came from (sounds like a rationalization to me so a ‘true fan’ can justify stealing seats), but this is why people don’t increase donor level to get better seats. They rarely if ever become available. Corporate gift tickets are what the luxury boxes are for.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Nov 7, 2019, 6:57 PM

Well we are talking about one generation here, not two. And yeah I can see that as being annoying but my parents go to the games!

Nov 7, 2019, 7:00 PM

Did he have a Life Membership? (That option is no longer being offered).

http://www.iptaycuad.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=211449791

And this isn’t a new situation due to our recent success, and bandwagon corporate ‘fans.’ The following is from 2009:

https://clemsontigers.com/letter-to-iptay-donors/

If anything, the Life Membership crowd got screwed over by the Seat Equity Plan.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Iptay issue

Nov 7, 2019, 7:10 PM

When a season ticket holder dies, his or her spouse can continue to buy the tickets. When the spouse dies, the donor family loses the right to keep buying them. You cannot transfer ownership of the right to buy season tickets from to your son or daughter. The season tickets are not a family asset to be passed from generation to generation. I have had season tickets for 40+ years and I have know about the fact that tickets are not transferable from one generation to the next for a long time.

Yep, some ticket owners have not followed these rules but I think the Athletic Department is watching this more closely these days.

This seems like a reasonable policy to me. Clemson has a backlog of alumni and IPTAY donors who support the program and should have a right to purchase presumably better tickets when older generations die away.

Excellent point

Nov 8, 2019, 9:26 AM

While it does seem unfair for long-time donors to "lose" their "family" seats, it's the only way younger folks like me, who did not have parents or grandparents with a long IPTAY history to EVER be able to get decent seats.

Message was edited by: CTiger423®

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not sure about the corporate part of it

Nov 7, 2019, 8:22 PM

No more tax benefits to that. Yeah, they could give them to employees, but still no tax benefit. Sooner or later (probably in a generation or two), there'll be cutbacks at this corporation and they'll drop the IPTAY donation due to budget cuts.

I know it's tough, but since your grandfather can't go, let another alumni enjoy Clemson football like he did. Maybe the new seat holder will raise another "Clemson Man" and family.

Go Tigers AND Tiger Nation!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Si vis pacem, para bellum (if you want peace, prepare for war)
USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon
SC National Guard 1983-2018

Corporations didn’t get special deductions for donations

Nov 8, 2019, 7:03 AM

So they didn’t lose anything with that change - only individuals did. For corporations most expenses are deductible, making a charitable contribution as deductible as their power bill.

Do corporations play by the same rules as individuals with IPTAY? If so, wouldn’t corporations essentially have an infinite legacy?

Nov 8, 2019, 6:42 AM

Personally dont think it’s BS...JMO

You were misled to believe tix can be passed down thru inheritance

Nov 8, 2019, 7:27 AM

This isn’t a new policy (although many folks continue trying to use grandpa’s tix)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Masters tickets are the same way and can't be passed down***

Nov 8, 2019, 7:39 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cant say I feel bad

Nov 8, 2019, 9:47 AM

That practice would keep me from ever getting better seats.

Of course when I'm a grandpa I'll probably change my mind.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Replies: 16
| visibility 3,647
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic