Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Introduction of a long time lurker
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 58
| visibility 1

Introduction of a long time lurker

Dec 7, 2017, 1:00 PM

Hey everyone, ’96 Clemson grad here. Been reading stuff on these forums for years, and finally decided to join. Since I intend to participate in the football forum as I’m a diehard fan I thought I’d start with a little intro.

So a little about me. As stated, I’m a ’96 grad with an engineering degree. I follow our football program religiously, and was in attendance in Tampa last year to watch that glorious event unfold. Being that I’m in my 40s ya’ll already can figure out that I’ve been through part of the Hatfield era, West’s stint, and the mediocrity of Mr. Bowden…love the foundation he built, but as a game coach he left a lot to be desired. I’m a huge fan of Dabo and his staff. In my opinion what we have witnessed over the last several years is history in the making, and I’m enjoying every second of it.

Prior to going to school at Clemson I wasn’t much of a football fan. There was just something about living in Johnstone (which is long gone now) for 2 years right above Death Valley that ingrained Clemson football into my psyche. So the ’81 NC, while awesome, is not something I was even aware of at the time it occurred (I was actually 8 years old and living in MN).

I now live in VA, and haven’t gotten to fully enjoy just how much the chicken lovers are hating it right now. All I get to hear about is Virginia Tech vs. UVA, which doesn’t appear to strike the same level of disdain amongst the fan bases in VA as Clemson/USC in SC, so it’s kinda boring to be honest. One thing of note though is during the 5 game win streak it was amusing to see just how many closet USC fans came out of the woodwork up here. Before that I’d see maybe a sticker or two on a car now and then, and then by the end of those 5 years there were stickers, flags, shirts and so on all over the place up here. That seems to have tailed off significantly in the last couple of years though.

So anyway, before I ramble on forever I’ll wrap this up. I’m looking forward to participating in some good discussions on the board, and hopefully adding some value where I can.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Crump has offered the Jounge a sacrafice

Dec 7, 2017, 1:02 PM

this pleases the jounge

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

actually laughed at that***

Dec 7, 2017, 1:06 PM

Don't ruin my rep***

Dec 7, 2017, 1:07 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

At sacrafice? Me too.***

Dec 7, 2017, 3:17 PM [ in reply to actually laughed at that*** ]

Re: Introduction of a long time lurker

Dec 7, 2017, 1:02 PM

NO ONE IS GOING TO TAKE YOU SERIOUSLY

Dec 7, 2017, 1:03 PM

UNLESS YOU POST PIGS OF TIGS!

Re: NO ONE IS GOING TO TAKE YOU SERIOUSLY

Dec 8, 2017, 12:04 PM

You misspelled boobees

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Question

Dec 7, 2017, 1:04 PM

Who the f#ck is this guy?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MauldinT, where are you???

I assume because Engineering degree, this is a guy,

but I see no mention of wife or any attached pics of wife. If my misogyny is misplaced, and this is a woman, I see no pics of her. Either way, this is not a proper introduction.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TL;DR, #whosscokisdis?***

Dec 7, 2017, 1:05 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you got pigs?***

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Welcome lurker, kweshion though

Dec 7, 2017, 1:08 PM

how you been lurking and reading the jounge if you haven't had a username until recently?

jounge not public? (access with no log in)***

Dec 7, 2017, 1:10 PM

jounge requires log in

Dec 7, 2017, 1:13 PM

and ##### in

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

thank tom***

Dec 7, 2017, 1:13 PM

You can still stroll through the Mange...

Dec 7, 2017, 1:14 PM [ in reply to jounge not public? (access with no log in)*** ]

but Lunge requires Login. Plus analsechs of course.

obviously an electronic engineer***

Dec 7, 2017, 2:11 PM [ in reply to Welcome lurker, kweshion though ]

gender? age? how much money do you make?

Dec 7, 2017, 1:09 PM

the last question is just in case I like the answers to the first two.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

C'mon OSF! How unserious do you take this guy?***

Dec 7, 2017, 1:12 PM

As a descendant of Viking Berserkers, I am troubled

Dec 7, 2017, 1:10 PM

by your choice of a user name. Cultural appropriation has become a capital felony in these parts.

Lunge meat

Dec 7, 2017, 1:12 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 7, 2017, 1:14 PM

a few questions

Dec 7, 2017, 1:16 PM

nudes of wife?
what kind of beer do you drink?
what's a scok?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Woah, baby.

Dec 7, 2017, 1:17 PM

You guys let me kinda feel my way around before the sexing in began.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And the obligatory, WELCOME BACK CORNY!***

Dec 7, 2017, 1:20 PM

Question:

Dec 7, 2017, 1:24 PM

would you like some making fuck, Berserker?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Where in Virginny ya at?

Dec 7, 2017, 1:26 PM

If you're in RVA please tell me you're not a South of the River UDP-er....

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

I found his TAPs pictures

Dec 7, 2017, 1:28 PM
eng.JPG(47.3 K)

He's got a purdy mouf

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

Are you a girl?

Dec 7, 2017, 1:37 PM

I mean whether you're a girl or not you should probably say you are. You can post photos of anybody's big ##### in a sweater and become real popular here real fast.

Actually, that method works whether you're a girl or not but if you aren't a girl get ready for a rough ride. There really noting here but a bunch of us pusssies but we all talk big chit.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The meat up board is that way -------------->***

Dec 7, 2017, 1:39 PM

Former MN and current SWVA guy here.

Dec 7, 2017, 1:41 PM

What part of VA you in?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You aren't a good long time lurker.

Dec 7, 2017, 1:51 PM

It's been a requirement to login to view the junge for at least a few months now, you can no longer view it as a guest. And you have only registered two weeks ago.

So what were you doing for the few months?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Let’s hope it involves lots of lube!!!***

Dec 7, 2017, 1:53 PM

based on his obvious interest in football

Dec 7, 2017, 2:05 PM [ in reply to You aren't a good long time lurker. ]

methinks he was lurking the mange and the overlords bumped this outta the mange to the jounge.

If you’ve been lurking here

Dec 8, 2017, 12:27 PM [ in reply to You aren't a good long time lurker. ]

You’re a degenerate

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Do you prefer Trinker or kms?***

Dec 7, 2017, 2:05 PM

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

O. M. G.***

Dec 7, 2017, 2:08 PM

HOW AM I JUST NOW SEEING THIS?!!?!?!?!!?!??

Dec 8, 2017, 10:35 AM [ in reply to Do you prefer Trinker or kms?*** ]

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Probably oldness.***

Dec 8, 2017, 10:36 AM

They say eyesight is the first thing to go***

Dec 8, 2017, 11:45 AM [ in reply to HOW AM I JUST NOW SEEING THIS?!!?!?!?!!?!?? ]

WAIT! They tore down Johnstone???***

Dec 7, 2017, 2:07 PM

Who did? Who is 'they'?

Dec 7, 2017, 2:09 PM

The Mooslems?

THEM***

Dec 7, 2017, 2:15 PM

I knew it.

Dec 7, 2017, 3:01 PM

Letting THEM run free was never going to be a winning proposition.

"good discussions on the board, and hopefully adding some...

Dec 7, 2017, 2:09 PM

value where I can." good luck with that in le lounge.

Welcome abroad!***

Dec 7, 2017, 3:37 PM

null

Dec 7, 2017, 3:57 PM

Wow…some interesting replies. First off, by lurker I meant I’ve been lurking in the Football forum. I only posted an intro here because I thought if I put it in the Football forum it would be moved.

To answer a couple of other questions I’m a dude (many are disappointed now) and I live in central VA.

To the guy (19B) that put up the pic from Clerks…yeah…that’s partially where I derived my username from…nice.

answer this question

Dec 7, 2017, 4:26 PM

You go camping with the Lounge and you wake up the next morning with a smeary ar$ewhole. Do you tell anybody?

Re: Henry, No, Wilbur, APM......make room for another

Dec 7, 2017, 7:31 PM

Virginian in the lunge. Getting crowded in here.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

gonna need more bandwidth***

Dec 7, 2017, 7:40 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: From Tnet? LOL. Especially on game days.***

Dec 7, 2017, 7:45 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

he ain't answered yet - does he live in Blue or Red VA?

Dec 7, 2017, 8:23 PM [ in reply to Re: Henry, No, Wilbur, APM......make room for another ]

xtiger, ABMD, wilbur - Blue Virginia.

henry, APM, NoIntro - Red Virginia.

More divided now that West by G-d Virginia and Confederate Virginia during the war.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Actually, Wilbur no longer resides in the Commonwealth

Dec 8, 2017, 11:37 AM

Rather, about 4 miles by boat to Clemson...

But when I did, I was definitely in the red 7th district (Brat, after Cantor)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Re: long time lurker

Dec 7, 2017, 9:50 PM

I call bullshi+.

You will be outed soon enough

Maybe this will clear the air?

Dec 8, 2017, 11:27 AM

Alright, this has gone much differently than I expected. I am a new member to the site, and not someone who’s been on here before registered under a new username, so some of the joking and stuff is going over my head. I literally just thought it’d be cool to introduce myself rather than just start posting and everyone wonder who the heck I am…so there was no sneaky or malicious intent there. It appears I have committed a faux pas, and for that I apologize. I also presume there’s some good old fashioned hazing of the new guy going on here, and that’s fine too.

My main reason for joining is that I have enjoyed the banter I have read in the football forum, and wanted to get in on some of that action. I thought it would be both fun and therapeutic. See I have a stress disorder called chronic Bowdenism that was brought on by watching so many mediocre teams in the early 2000s. The recent success has helped this issue go into remission, but it still pops up. A good example is the 2016 season where I beat an interior door in my house at the end of the NC State game (before the field goal was missed in regulation) and cracked it up pretty good. Then came the Pitt game and I took a hammer to it. Well, turns out that door was a weird size and hard/expensive to find a replacement for. So I figured rather than doing something like that again I’d just join up here so I could vent with some fellow Clemson fans.

I'm gonna be extra helpful here and give you this link.

Dec 8, 2017, 11:32 AM

https://www.tigernet.com/forums/category.jspa?categoryID=8

That's the board you're looking for, not the Lounge.

Think of this place more like a locker room where everyone sucks at sports but just hangs out for the showers.

Re: I'm gonna be extra helpful here and give you this link.

Dec 8, 2017, 11:47 AM

Gotcha, appreciate it. After reading the replies I was coming to the conclusion I was in the wrong area for my first post.

No no no let him stay

Dec 8, 2017, 11:52 AM [ in reply to I'm gonna be extra helpful here and give you this link. ]

he hates nancy's taint and by default Crulz.

He's one of us!

Replies: 58
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic