Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Tigers say they belong in NCAA Tournament despite close losses
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 40
| visibility 1

TNET: Tigers say they belong in NCAA Tournament despite close losses

Mar 14, 2019, 8:01 AM

Tigers say they belong in NCAA Tournament despite close losses

Marcquise Reed sat in a chair just inside Clemson’s locker room door with tears in his eyes, Shelton Mitchell sat in front of his locker and scrolled through his phone with a look of shock on his face, and Elijah Thomas faced the media with his usual stoic look. Photo by Jeremy Brevard / USATODAY Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We have not done enough to deserve being in

Mar 14, 2019, 8:30 AM

This has been s very frustrating season.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Tigers say they belong in NCAA Tournament despite close losses

Mar 14, 2019, 8:35 AM

Denial is not just a river in Egypt

Mar 14, 2019, 8:43 AM

Unfortunately was predictable, in close games down stretch where you need a win to ensure tournament bid, we just seem not to cross over the hump. Feel bad for team but maybe we can have a great nit and build for next year

Mar 14, 2019, 9:36 AM

next year will be worse...Clemson loses 4 starters....Clemson will be lucky to break .500 next year...

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It wouldn't hurt my feelings if the seniors chose to sit out

Mar 14, 2019, 3:06 PM

the NIT. Brownell should use this as the beginning for next years team getting them as much experience as possible. They will certainly need it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tigers YES, Brownleaks NO***

Mar 14, 2019, 8:43 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, we don’t.***

Mar 14, 2019, 9:09 AM

Negative Ghost Rider ...

Mar 14, 2019, 9:18 AM

NCAA teams should be able to score at least 20 points in a half of basketball.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Negative Ghost Rider ...

Mar 14, 2019, 9:52 AM

So that leaves UVA out as well.

No, no they dont.

Mar 14, 2019, 9:30 AM

A good team doesn't lose by two points in six games of the year. A good team doesn't rely on a ref to decide a game.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, Tigers do belong.....***

Mar 14, 2019, 9:32 AM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Work Hard, Do Your Best, Keep Your Word, Never Get Too Big For Your Britches, Trust In God, Have no fear and Never Forget a Friend ~ Harry S. Truman

The women belong in the NCAA, but not the men***

Mar 14, 2019, 2:44 PM

Mar 14, 2019, 9:34 AM

what they meant to say was "we belong in the NIT"....under 9 years of Brad B Clemson has been to the NCAA Tournament 2 times and the 1st time Brad B led Clemson to the NCAA Tournament those were not his players...so with his players he has led Clemson to 1 NCAA tournament bid....NIT BOUND again under BB...time to fire Dabo's buddy BB

Nope

Mar 14, 2019, 10:14 AM

That's the same argument Georgia had when they didn't have the wins they needed to get in the playoff. So no, I don't think we have the resume to get in.

Mar 14, 2019, 10:15 AM

It's real simple. We needed to beat NC State, it was effectively an NCAA tournament play-in game.
We had them on the ropes and between horrible second half play/terrible referees we lost.
Again, we needed to beat NC State and we didn't so no, we don't belong in the NCAA tournament.

Somebody needs to tell the players

Mar 14, 2019, 10:28 AM

No you don't. Go siddown.

Mar 14, 2019, 10:37 AM

Bruh...

Mar 14, 2019, 11:03 AM

Interesting to see so many of our "fans" saying we don't

Mar 14, 2019, 11:07 AM

deserve to be in the NCAA Tournament.

This is the same fan base that broke the fax machines at a mid-tier bowl campaigning for our team to be chosen.

A fan base that really cares about basketball would support the heck out of these coaches and players, not criticize them and bash them and say that they don't deserve an NCAA berth.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

You know a "real fan" can support their team and be

Mar 14, 2019, 11:25 AM

honest also. I'd love for these kids to make the tourney but the bottom line is this team doesn't deserve it. Having so many close losses is a negative, not a positive when it comes to making it. The tourney is all about the pressure and if they can't handle it during the season, then it'd be no different in the tourney. And for the record, there were many bowl games was happy we went too but really didn't think we deserved.

Have you looked at the other teams on the bubble?

Mar 14, 2019, 11:29 AM

How about those like Texas and TCU, both of whom have losing conference records and overall records barely over .500. Do those teams deserve to be in over Clemson?

How about a mid-major team that has a nice record, but hasn't really played anyone?

Anyone who has watched our team can see that we belong in the field of 68. I would expect Clemson fans to see that, too.

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Have you looked at the other teams on the bubble?

Mar 14, 2019, 11:32 AM

Agreed. We are better than TCU, Texas, OU, Bama, Florida, St Johns, and GTown. The commitee does look at close Ls as well despite what people think. It does hurt to not have but 1 really good W but we have some quad 2 road wins so that helps. Our sos and NET are dang good compared to other bubble teams.

As far as Texas and TCU, you're probably right. The mid

Mar 14, 2019, 12:00 PM [ in reply to Have you looked at the other teams on the bubble? ]

major teams? Not so sure. For me, it's kind of like the argument for UGA to have made the playoffs last year. Tough schedule, barley losses to #1 Alabama, etc... I don't think we have much room to argue about our tough schedule when we only won one of those games. I guess it just depends on what they look at. Indiana has worse record but much better wins.

Re: As far as Texas and TCU, you're probably right. The mid

Mar 14, 2019, 12:20 AM

We deff can't be mad if we do not make it but we have some statistics that we could argue for us over many other bubble teams. We should have won some of our close quad 1 games and we did not. We had chances to earn it that is for sure.

Re: Interesting to see so many of our "fans" saying we don't

Mar 14, 2019, 11:25 AM [ in reply to Interesting to see so many of our "fans" saying we don't ]

We can hope SOS, NET, Conference record, close Ls, and no bad Ls mean more than quad 1 Ws. Who knows. We have a chance imo.

I cheer with my heart but think with my brain.

Mar 14, 2019, 12:47 PM [ in reply to Interesting to see so many of our "fans" saying we don't ]

I wear orange, I yell on defense, I give to my school, I pick up litter when I'm on campus, I do not directly insult individual student athletes over the internet.... but we did not earn a spot in the big dance.

Sorries.

It’s called reality. You should try it sometime.

Mar 14, 2019, 7:47 PM [ in reply to Interesting to see so many of our "fans" saying we don't ]

We’re sick of hearing about it when we know we don’t have a chance at this point. Just move on.

Mar 14, 2019, 12:48 PM

IMHO, the shouldn't have ever gotten to where they had to battle so hard to lose by 1 point when we had an 18 point lead at the opening of the second half. It wasn't talent, skill, or experience that caused those guys to lose that game, it was the lack of great leadership to slow the game down and think about what they were doing down the stretch, and that wasn't there!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We slowed the game down plenty, made adjustments,

Mar 14, 2019, 2:15 PM

and got good shots, we just didn't make them.

People keep harping on "blowing a lead," but the same ridiculously high shooting percentage that got us that huge lead was averaged out by a ridiculously low shooting percentage that lost the lead. At the end of the day, we lost by 1. We had our opportunities and didn't convert enough of them. We also got screwed by multiple bad calls. Any one of those go our way, we win.

Groundhog Day ***

Mar 14, 2019, 7:54 PM

Wish we did, but we do not. We can't finish games.***

Mar 14, 2019, 12:59 PM

I hate saying this...but we don't belong this season.***

Mar 14, 2019, 1:31 PM

Mar 14, 2019, 2:42 PM

Talk's cheap.

Sort of like Clemson fans claiming to support basketball.

Mar 14, 2019, 2:50 PM

Talk is cheap.

And I deserve to win the Powerball***

Mar 14, 2019, 2:42 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 14, 2019, 3:04 PM

We saved a lot of money not having to give brownell a bonus for not going to ncaa!

Wish so, but we don't!***

Mar 14, 2019, 7:11 PM

Mar 14, 2019, 8:48 PM

Tigers say they belong in NCAA Tournament despite close losses

Marcquise Reed sat in a chair just inside Clemson’s locker room door with tears in his eyes, Shelton Mitchell sat in front of his locker and scrolled through his phone with a look of shock on his face, and Elijah Thomas faced the media with his usual stoic look. Photo by Jeremy Brevard / USATODAY Full Story »

Then win to get in! Don't depend on the reputation of the rest of the ACC. Clemson has never depended on the conference. We have always stood on our own. If you can survive a 16 point lead and end up 1 and done, I am not sure you belong...

Mar 14, 2019, 8:48 PM

Then win to get in! Don't depend on the reputation of the rest of the ACC. Clemson has never depended on the conference. We have always stood on our own. If you can survive a 16 point lead and end up 1 and done, I am not sure you belong...

Mar 15, 2019, 10:00 AM

What else are they going to say?

If they do, it's a "participation trophy"! (But I think too many teams get in anyway...the BB regular season has become meaningless).

Replies: 40
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic