Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Interesting stat from CFB Kings
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1,552

Interesting stat from CFB Kings

Dec 27, 2019, 7:05 PM

Why does Trevor Lawrence get bashed for having 8 interceptions, but no one talks about Jalen Hurts & Justin Fields inability to hold on to the football?

• Jalen Hurts: 7 INT, 8 FUMB (6 lost)
• Justin Fields: 1 INT, 9 FUMB (5 lost)
• Trevor Lawrence: 8 INT, 0 FUMB

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Interesting stat from CFB Kings

Dec 27, 2019, 7:09 PM

Well, there goes your shot at that ESPN sportscaster’s job!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Dec 27, 2019, 8:52 PM

Well, there goes your shot at that ESPN sportscaster’s job!

I would have lasted 1 minute before getting yanked. Being politically correct is not my strong point

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 27, 2019, 7:12 PM

Honestly, it was just ridiculous expectations that were put in Trevor going into this season. Were most of them INT's on him? Yeah. Could they have been easily avoided? Again, yeah. He was just forcing stuff at the time. I think the reason was because of the amount of praise he got all off season. I mean the kid basically had the preseason Heisman so that's why there was so much backlash. But all the neighsayers have kept quiet for the most part on his INT's now since he hasn't had one in a few months.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 27, 2019, 7:15 PM

If I cared, I’d go back and watch all 8 - but from what I can remember, ~half of them were tipped balls and things that weren’t his fault. Add on the 20 lbs or so he put on his frame and the expectations that have been levied on this KID.

### ever - same as I posted about people critiquing Dabo - it’s all jealousy. There isn’t a QB for any college I’d take over him, and he’s the one QB 3/4 of the CFP teams do not want to face right now.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 27, 2019, 7:24 PM

You're probably right about the tipped INT's and such. I can't really remember because it's been so long since he has thrown one. I vaguely remember maybe 3 of them.

But agreed, I wouldn't trade Trevor for anyone else. Go Tigers! Spot the ball!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 27, 2019, 7:42 PM

Most were inconsequential and rarely did our defense allow the opponent to convert turnover to points.

Dec 27, 2019, 8:57 PM [ in reply to Re: Interesting stat from CFB Kings ]

Wisertime - Yes, was thinking the same thing about Trevor putting on the 20. May be Germans but didn’t the same thing happen to Deshaun early in the next season after he put on that muscle and just took him time to get settled into playing at the new weight? I think this is very underestimated when these guys get in the weight room to bulk up ... esp at QB.

Dec 27, 2019, 8:57 PM

Because lost fumbles from schools with large fan bases and brand alignment with the ESPN narrative do not count as turnovers.

Replies: 8
| visibility 1,552
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic