Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Interesting Clem/GT line movement
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 3,475

Interesting Clem/GT line movement

Sep 21, 2018, 8:02 AM

Our game on Saturday opened up as Tigers -15.5 and immediately shot up to -17 as Vegas bet on the Tigers. Yesterday however the line moved all the way back down to -15 which indicates a lot of money coming in on GT. Surprising to see a drastic line move like that mid week as there were no injuries or suspensions etc.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Interesting Clem/GT line movement

Sep 21, 2018, 8:06 AM

we are doomed.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do you think we are doomed?***

Sep 21, 2018, 8:08 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Because he considers us all 'mot'.***

Sep 21, 2018, 12:09 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Sep 21, 2018, 8:30 AM [ in reply to Re: Interesting Clem/GT line movement ]

Roberts is usually more positive about our team. He must have broken his CAPSLOCK key.

Big $ coming in on the bees

Sep 21, 2018, 8:12 AM

And the under. We’re still getting 75% of the public bets so I’d imagine most of that is just fading the public and expecting a low scoring game. One of those where you bet the home dog and the under and both of them likely can’t lose.

Re: Big $ coming in on the bees

Sep 21, 2018, 9:31 AM

We haven't covered this year . Not a slight , but playing on the road as a +2 TD favorite ... I would bet the under if I were someone who didn't mind wasting my money .
My call is we cover . I think this team is rounding into form and watching the GT defense in it's first 3 games makes me wonder if we don'ttthrow up one of those 48-54-56 point totals on them .
I'm no conservative Tiger fan though . 41-13 Tigers .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Sep 21, 2018, 9:44 AM

I'm with u on non-conservative nature. .... 46-9 Tigers

Sep 21, 2018, 2:01 PM [ in reply to Re: Big $ coming in on the bees ]

Most of our games with GT have been shootouts. Except for turnovers and poor special teams play GT might be 3-0. Their O has moved the ball, over 600 yds against USF, and almost 400 against Pitt.

I don’t see under.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 21, 2018, 9:51 AM [ in reply to Big $ coming in on the bees ]

They are trying to get more money on Gtech to balance it out I would imagine.

They are trying to get more money on Gtech to balance it out

Sep 21, 2018, 10:37 AM

What he said.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 21, 2018, 11:55 AM [ in reply to Re: Big $ coming in on the bees ]

With all due respect, what you said doesn't make sense. IF they wanted more money on GT to balance the action they would increase the spread (ie GT +18, +19, +21) instead of decreasing. This line moves in Clemson's favor. Anyway, tigers by 1000

Sep 21, 2018, 3:47 PM

Yes, you are very correct. I didn't put any thought into that. Good call. Oops.

Sep 21, 2018, 11:13 AM

I have my bet locked in at -17. Should I double down on the -15 give or trust that a field goal wont be the end all be all? Wish I would have waited but I thought the spread would keep moving up.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 21, 2018, 12:20 PM

I have 2 options, still. -17 and -21. I hardly ever pick our games but was going to take the -17. GT's D is that awful and while Marshall is no longer listed on the injury report toe injuries do not heal in 14 days while continuing to play. His backup is so green PJ did not let him pass or run the option in the 3 to 4 series he played versus USF. The o/u I have the option of is not clear cut, there is a house gap in points u/49 - o/53. I usually only play o/u during bowl season. They are a lot more predictable, then.

At 17 and 21 I'd probably try to middle it.***

Sep 21, 2018, 2:15 PM

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Only one way this game is within 17

Sep 21, 2018, 11:16 AM

And thats if we are up a ton an play the water boys in the second half and give up a couple trash scores.

Re: Only one way this game is within 17

Sep 21, 2018, 11:42 AM

PioneerG said:

And thats if we are up a ton an play the water boys in the second half and give up a couple trash scores.

Which could well happen.

Dabo doesn't care diddly about style points. Nor does he give a crap about covering spreads.

He does firmly believe in playing as many guys as humanly possible to get experience for down the road...so....

...I'd personally bet the under.

Plus, Atlanta's just never been a great venue for us. I will take any kind of win there - survive and advance, pretty much.

Sep 21, 2018, 11:47 AM

Maybe someone had an inside source on the Joseph injury

Sep 21, 2018, 11:53 AM

haha yeah, it seems to look that way. No reason for line to move that sharply without any adverse news, specially when the sharp money was on tigers when line came out. Looks like we have a mole close to the team

Sep 21, 2018, 12:13 PM [ in reply to Re: Interesting Clem/GT line movement ]

I don't see them moving the line back that far due to 1 linebacker being out.

Sep 21, 2018, 12:18 PM

Sure it has to be because of the linebacker, but as someone above said, we're getting better. We cover easily.

That's not that much movement if you follow Vegas

Sep 21, 2018, 12:15 PM

Lines normally move a bit quickly after it opens (especially if a double digit spread) then adjust itself during the week

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Re: That's not that much movement if you follow Vegas

Sep 21, 2018, 3:44 PM

It started at 15.5 and is right back there, now.

Well Marshall is no Jake Bentley

Sep 21, 2018, 3:53 PM

So I say Clemson wins 56 to 3

Replies: 24
| visibility 3,475
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic