Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
at least one game ball to Tony Elliott...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 44
| visibility 1

at least one game ball to Tony Elliott...

Oct 4, 2015, 1:06 AM

for stellar play calling to get us a 2 TD lead... the not panicking and avoiding situations where the weather could cost us. He realized how well the defense was playing and knew how big of an advantage a 2-3 score was.

You morans calling him out are just that... morans

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

morons and coots.***

Oct 4, 2015, 1:07 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: morons and coots.***

Oct 4, 2015, 11:05 AM

I agree 100% Coach Elliott and Coach Scott just completed their 5th game as Offensive Coordinators and if you look at those 5 games we beat soundly Oklahoma (that's having their way in the Big 12) and now #6 Notre Dame. I say our young coaches have quite a lot to be proud of moving forward. If someone would have assured me before the game we'd win by 2 points every single one of us would have gladly jumped on it and would've been happy! Let's accept our victories gratefully and not over think the whys. Just my opinion.

Very well said sir ... very well indeed!***

Oct 4, 2015, 1:12 AM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: at least one game ball to Tony Elliott...

Oct 4, 2015, 1:15 AM

The weather was fine in Louisville....The only coach that should get a game ball is BV for saving our #### again.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Louisville was a Thurs game on the road w 4 days prep.

Oct 4, 2015, 1:16 AM

And it opened as a pickem game! Geeze.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Louisville was a Thurs game on the road w 4 days prep.

Oct 4, 2015, 9:50 AM

> And it opened as a pickem game! Geeze.

Actually 3 days prep. One day was travel time.

oh boy.***

Oct 4, 2015, 1:18 AM [ in reply to Re: at least one game ball to Tony Elliott... ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Interesting

Oct 4, 2015, 1:19 AM

I noticed the weather didn't seem to affect the other teams play calling scheme.

You mean the team that lost?***

Oct 4, 2015, 1:20 AM

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."

Yes, but the score did. They were down 14 early.

Oct 4, 2015, 1:22 AM [ in reply to Interesting ]

Furthermore, the game plan, obviously was to stack the box and make them throw the ball so we could hopefully force some bad reads and turnovers in the weather.

Which is exactly what happened.

you mean the guys that kept turning the ball over?

Oct 4, 2015, 1:43 AM [ in reply to Interesting ]

right

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Called a great, smart game***

Oct 4, 2015, 7:46 AM

Re: Called a great, smart game***

Oct 4, 2015, 7:52 AM

I thought they just got too conservative in the 4th quarter. Should have kept the the foot on the pedal.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Called a great, smart game***

Oct 4, 2015, 9:44 AM

Agree 100%, Watching at game there should have been more bubble sweeps in 4th on 1st down usually good for 5 yards. Too many QB keepers from shotgun. I have not liked the play calling all year. To be honest some of the receivers have not stepped up with the loss of Williams specifically Peake & Hopper

Did you say 'ND didn't cover?'***

Oct 4, 2015, 8:45 AM [ in reply to Interesting ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Interesting

Oct 4, 2015, 9:53 AM [ in reply to Interesting ]

> I noticed the weather didn't seem to affect the other
> teams play calling scheme.

Wrong! It did change their game plan. They had to throw the ball in desparation to catch up.

Oct 4, 2015, 1:22 AM

That is the dumbest explanation of an offensive meltdown I've ever read.
Thank God for Venables.

Offensive meltdown. Sure, air it out up 21-3 in the 4th in a monsoon

Oct 4, 2015, 7:58 AM

Some of you are still drunk

Oct 4, 2015, 7:55 AM

Offensive meltdown?? Who are these people? You are playing in a freaking DOWN POUR and you want them to air it out? Yea that's the makings if a turn over fest. Just go have your heart content to throw the ball all over the field. Let's do more jet sweeps when its raining cats and dogs. Sometimes I wonder if some of our fans ever played a down of football. Clock control, defense, and taking care of the ball will win you games 9 times of 10. Especially when your defense is keeping them in check. Yes it did get out of control in the 4th quarter because we let them get a couple first downs. Most were on goofy penalties on the defense. A holding call on 3rd down. An offsides on 3rd down. Other than that those points wouldn't have even been on the score board. No way I make a kid throw the ball that much in the rain like that. Trust your instincts, run the football, and play great defense.

I respect your opinion, but disagree...

Oct 4, 2015, 8:15 AM

I haven't been happy with the play calling generally this year. That doesn't mean it won't be better as the year goes on. Also, I realize that the ball was slippery and elliot wanted to be conservative that last quarter etc etc, but there are ways to run the ball without going straight up he middle in a slow developing methodical way over and over to Gallman, making it easy on their D, when you know you need some first downs. The game was way too far from being over for that. Watson should have been a little more involved. We were definitely playing not to lose. We can agree to disagree, but my opinion was that the play calling was the only thing gave ND a chance to win that game or force OT. Maybe, Herbstreit, myself, and thousands of other Tiger fans are "morans", but I didn't like the play calling. I saw play calling that was out of touch with the situation at hand. We should have been running the ball when we aired it out to Peake and were intercepted. They intercept and go the other way and score. After that terrible play call, there was too much time on the clock for our plan of attack from there in my humble opinion. We all have opinions. I have mine, but I respect yours. We all don't have to agree. If you want to give Elliot a game ball for an awesome 4h quarter game plan, more power to you.

21-3 lead in a monsoon in the 4th

Oct 4, 2015, 8:22 AM

Sorry, but you are just wrong. Defense blitzing and not getting there allowing big plays made it a game. Some of our weaknesses there were exposed

We took a deep shot to Scott in the redzone

Oct 4, 2015, 8:27 AM

and how did that work out? If we continue to pound the ball there and score and the game is over. It's not a video game.

Like I said...

Oct 4, 2015, 8:36 AM [ in reply to 21-3 lead in a monsoon in the 4th ]

sorry to say you're wrong. We all have our opinions. Herbstreit was a starting QB in college and he was ragging on the play calling as well. I'll go with a starting college QBover your opinion any day of the week. Just because it was raining didn't mean we had to run slow developing methodical plays up the middle and make it easy on their D and allow them back in the game. We started that drill way too early. I agree with running the ball, but that wasn't our only option as far as running the ball. It nearly cost us the game. You couldn't be more wrong in my opinion, but that's your right to have an opinion. We have one of the best running Qb's in the nation. There were ways to keep ND on their toes and keep the ball out of the air. I know, I know, so many of Tiger fans only want to hear glowing reviews. Our play calling nearly cos us the game. It was about as it gets from last 3rd quarter to finish the game. That said, we all have opinions. You liked the play calling. Good for you.

You mean the guy who pick against Clemson?***

Oct 4, 2015, 8:47 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So Herbstreit pickeed against Clemson...and?***

Oct 4, 2015, 8:52 AM

nm

I appreciate you.

Oct 4, 2015, 9:28 AM

Anyone else in the world that had that title would have defended their opinion on a national stage.

I watched all the ESPiN talkers' predict ND would win during the week. Only two I saw predicted a Clemson win, Danny and David. David changed his mind late in the week.

Herbie was defended himself and the entire ESPiN analyst crew and distracted from their failing at their jobs by directing attention away from themselves and trying to find a major flaw in Clemson's armor. It was a reasonable and expected reaction to being wrong on a national stage.

Herbie is a TV talking head now. Had never coached. You and Herbie agree that the guys coaching this team, the ones who selected and trained this 'war machine,' that you watched win the game were wrong.

If you can't view Herbie's lashing out at the coaches that showed the entire ESPiN analyst crew wrong as normal then your frame of reference may need expanding beyond what may be your intellectual capacity.

I therefor will discontinue to try and communicate with you, son, for I have seven children and more than a dozen grandchildren so I've learned to identify intellectual immaturity.

Your humility in asking for an explanation to such a simple and obvious question is the only reason I responded but please don't mistake this response as me suggesting or representing that I have any respect for you for any other reason. And please don't think that I will continue to entertain further questions or comments.

That wasn't a very mature post fyi..

Oct 4, 2015, 9:35 AM

We can agree to disagree. I respect your right to have an opinion. Enjoy your day.

It sounds like you are being influenced by TV announcers.

Oct 4, 2015, 8:50 AM [ in reply to Like I said... ]

While the runs were frustrating at times, it was raining, very wet, windy, and our D was playing great. As much as I wanted to see more from the O, I understand that a pick, fumble, etc... would have given all the momentum to ND. It's easy to look back and say we should have done this or that, but the bottom line is, it worked, and we won.

I think the bigger frustration for Tiger fans is we still don't know what Elliott can do in ideal conditions. He intentionally showed nothing against our first two opponents, which was the right thing to do. He showed very little against Louisville. Again, they were 0-2 and we had a huge game looming. He had to call a game in a "hurricane" against ND. Not ideal.

Bottom line, we haven't seen a large enough sample size.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

I wasn't influenced at all..

Oct 4, 2015, 8:55 AM

It was just my own eyes. It was that obvious. Maybe you see it differently. I was just pointing that I saw it the same way as Herbstreit. I could have had the volume off and would have still been screaming at the TV screen praying that our D saved us. It all worked, because our D saved us. Our d had to overcome a lot, including our play calling starting late in 3rd quarter.

The D had to save themselves several times. ND didn't drive the ball

Oct 4, 2015, 8:59 AM

Against our offense.

What would you have done differently?

Re: The D had to save themselves several times. ND didn't drive the ball

Oct 4, 2015, 9:07 AM

What would I have done differently? I wouldn't have thrown the ball to Peake and would have bee running the ball there. Once that happened and they went down and scored to keep it close, I would have run the ball, but I would have utilized Watson more. I agree with running the ball. It was the way we went about it. There was too much time on the clock. Elliot is growing and he will get better. It's his first year. Moreover, it's easy for me to see and say from home. Way tougher from where he is sitting. I get that fact. He played to not lose. Some coaches play that way.

Re: It sounds like you are being influenced by TV announcers.

Oct 4, 2015, 11:42 AM [ in reply to It sounds like you are being influenced by TV announcers. ]

Do not fool yourself. The offense was the offense in the Louisville game. We were not hiding anything. That being said DW has to play better.

Also, too many QB draws being called and not mixing it up on first and second down.

The verdict is still out, but we need more of a vertical and intermediate passing game.

that dwindled to a 22-24 lead

Oct 4, 2015, 9:46 AM [ in reply to 21-3 lead in a monsoon in the 4th ]

at the end due to up the middle three time runs then punt

Re: that dwindled to a 22-24 lead

Oct 4, 2015, 9:52 AM

Hey, e won the game . we should have run the ball at least two more times before throwing the pick. We would have used more clock and maybe would not have needed to rely on the defense. Its a team sport and we won! Last time I looked, half the teams lost. Go Tigers!!!

Lutz for thinking ND had a chance to win.***

Oct 4, 2015, 8:46 AM [ in reply to I respect your opinion, but disagree... ]

Re: Lutz for thinking ND had a chance to win.***

Oct 4, 2015, 8:51 AM

I see what you are saying. They kind of did though. Luckily we had a forced fumble by Kearse and denied a 2 pt conversion at the end to push OT where they would have a chance to win. We put them in a position to have a chance to win. Luckily it never came to that and we stopped them on a 2pt conversion after a nice comeback on their part. They had their chances. Once again, our amazing D saves the day.

My friend,

Oct 4, 2015, 9:34 AM

I have no idea why any Clemson fan would have any discouraging thing to say about that game plan. Maybe they called for a high scoring Clemson victory and were trying to distract from their missing their prediction.

Maybe they dropped a bundle on the game because the picked ND to win. Maybe it's just their time of the month and we should remain silent for another week until their sanity returns.

Maybe we just love Clemson and want to see...

Oct 4, 2015, 9:45 AM

a National Title. By the way, I won a bundle on the Tigers yesterday. Well, a bundle for me that is. The spread was a pick em. Maybe you're grumpy? We're all Tiger fans here. We just see see it differently. There's nothing wrong with that. Its not like anything any of us say will change the bottom line. We all want the Tigers to win and we all love the team. Some of us are straight shooters and call things as we see them. Some people disagree and they don't like it. I understand. You're all good with me. Go Tigers!!

Oct 4, 2015, 9:36 AM

I'm all team Elliot, don't get me wrong, but he got EXTREMELY way to comsrvative. Continuing to call certain plays that our OL frankly just can't handle. People can say "oh well ND's D is good" , yes, but they knew exactly what every play was going to be the 4th quarter....

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

lol nice joke***

Oct 4, 2015, 9:46 AM

Oct 4, 2015, 9:51 AM

And let the air out of the ball too.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

dumbest post on here today...

Oct 4, 2015, 10:40 AM

up 21-3 at the half. got 4 turnovers in the 2nd half alone, and STILL were in a position to be tied at the end of the game due to a quarter-and-a-half of "play-not-to-lose" play calling, combined with a quarter of prevent defense...How would you have felt if we lost that game without letting the players leave it on the field??? (yes, yes, I'm thrilled we won, but if not for a great defensive play on the last play of the game...how could you explain such a loss ???). thank the lord, we didn't

Yes! Should have aired it out from our own 2

Oct 4, 2015, 12:05 PM

with the lead in a monsoon!!! Brilliant observation!

Very well done York!! I agree 1000%***

Oct 4, 2015, 11:06 AM

Replies: 44
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic