Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Simms scores 16 as Tigers stop losing streak against No. 25 Louisville
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 2,217

TNET: Simms scores 16 as Tigers stop losing streak against No. 25 Louisville

Jan 27, 2021, 11:11 PM

Simms scores 16 as Tigers stop losing streak against No. 25 Louisville

Clemson entered Wednesday's contest riding a three-game losing streak and needed a big game from senior Aamir Simms if it wanted to break that streak. Simms scored a game-high 16 points, grabbed nine rebounds, and dished out four assists as Clemson defeated No. 25 Louisville 54-50 at Littlejohn Coliseum.
Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Inside scoring is crucial

Jan 28, 2021, 6:53 AM

Proud of the Tigers for recovering for a good win last night! We played great defense and looked much more like the team from our first 10 games. However, our offensive effectiveness remains atrocious. I hope a review of the stats will lessen our obsession with the 3 ball and remind us of how important it is to focus on inside scoring:
- posting up
- drive / penetrate and get fouled
- short pull-up jumpers.

We could have easily scored 10-12 more last night with focus on those things instead of taking 35 threes. Meanwhile, if Louisville had just made 2-3 more of their 3’s we would have lost which is what killled us in the last 3 games. We’re lucky their 3 ball shooting was as poor as ours.

Go Tigers!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Inside scoring is crucial

Jan 28, 2021, 11:13 AM

3 ball is all ball....

You can shoot & make those mid-ranged jumpers all night and then get completely obliterated against any team with "meh" 3-point showing. That is why teams are shooting 3pts all the time. But it is also a hot/cold issue.

However, when both teams are shooting 20% from the arc, then yes, those mid-range jumpers count... if you can't get to the rim.

Still, if a team shoots 33.4% from the arc, you have to shoot 50% inside (which is harder than it seems). You are not going to be shooting 50% from mid-range unless you are on fire. The rate of return just isn't there. Even at 20% from 3pt, you have to shoot 30% - and UofL was shooting 31% overall. Thankfully we were 35% overall.

Re: Inside scoring is crucial

Jan 28, 2021, 9:48 PM

Good points well taken

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Simms scores 16 as Tigers stop losing streak against No. 25 Louisville

Jan 28, 2021, 8:46 AM

When you put in the effort, good things happen. Keep the effort and start knocking down some shots again and this team will be ok. It's all about heart.

Re: TNET: Simms scores 16 as Tigers stop losing streak against No. 25 Louisville

Jan 28, 2021, 9:28 AM

"the first half was a defensive affair" haha. The whole game was, ok, i'll go along, "a defensive affair". We won! That's all that matters.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 28, 2021, 11:03 AM

I hope they find routine fundamentals in practice. Not sure why I should have that said hope.But I love hope. I practice it fundamentally.

Was nice to see the energy level and hustle back up to

Jan 28, 2021, 1:26 PM

speed last night. Hopefully a good sign for what's ahead.

Go Tigers!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 2,217
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic