Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Insane that we allow a symptomatic player to travel on plane
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 37
| visibility 1

Insane that we allow a symptomatic player to travel on plane

Nov 21, 2020, 8:53 PM

With the rest of the team!

Rent a van and let him drive to Tally....

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 2 negative tests. Sinus inf and colds are prevalent....

Nov 21, 2020, 8:59 PM

this time of year,

yeah but rule of thumb in a pandimic is if one is sick

Nov 21, 2020, 9:00 PM

negative test or not you keep them away from the rest of the group as a precaution..especially considering the tests as we know them arent that great to begin with

Yeah....

Nov 21, 2020, 9:02 PM

Tell my coworker with hayfever she has to stay home for months. Not the rule when there is constant testing. 3 tests said no covid.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: yeah but rule of thumb in a pandimic is if one is sick

Nov 21, 2020, 9:32 PM [ in reply to yeah but rule of thumb in a pandimic is if one is sick ]

maybe but you (nor I) know the extent of those symptoms or when they realized it. It could be hindsight. Maybe he was running around with snotty nose and near death and the coaches made him tough it out.

These are questions I get as an essential worker (without being tested)
Have you been on bus or train? Been out of country? Been around anyone with COVID or symptoms? Have a cough, sneezing, headache, fever, nausea, body aches?

I've had some of those symptoms for 20 years.

Re: yeah but rule of thumb in a pandimic is if one is sick***

Nov 21, 2020, 11:20 PM [ in reply to yeah but rule of thumb in a pandimic is if one is sick ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

NO, it's NOT "rule of thumb", it is "PROTOCOL" that is...

Nov 22, 2020, 8:46 AM [ in reply to yeah but rule of thumb in a pandimic is if one is sick ]

...clearly spelled out in conference (or organizational) policy.

Puhlease!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You don’t take that chance!

Nov 21, 2020, 9:01 PM [ in reply to Re: 2 negative tests. Sinus inf and colds are prevalent.... ]

Your attitude is why we did not play....

Re: You don’t take that chance!

Nov 21, 2020, 9:04 PM

No.

I repeat, No.

Message was edited by: BloodbeOrange®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So it is Clemson's fault that we did not play?! 2 NEGATIVE

Nov 21, 2020, 9:29 PM [ in reply to You don’t take that chance! ]

TESTS. Do we sit Trevor or Etienne at home due to Sneezing, testing Negative ?

I read there were 3 negative tests....

Nov 22, 2020, 9:03 AM

One at home, one Sunday, and one Wednesday.

Re: 2 negative tests. Sinus inf and colds are prevalent....

Nov 22, 2020, 10:41 AM [ in reply to Re: 2 negative tests. Sinus inf and colds are prevalent.... ]

This is the fall of the year...with great rains we have a plethora of ragweed, fungal pollen and a host of other allergens to deal with...hay fever is not just from hay! Those symptoms are the same for multiple diseases and should not keep anyone off a plane, a bus or a Honda! The ACC let the halfassusemiholes break a contract with Clemson....we stayed with the ACC protocol and the game should have been played...make those backstabbing indians pay back our 300K! We should double the price for playing the game in December if we chose to play it! We don't need the semiholes, we need to whoop ND at the ACC championship game!

What symptom would that be?

Nov 21, 2020, 9:09 PM

There are so many to choose from.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

Re: Insane that we allow a symptomatic player to travel on plane

Nov 21, 2020, 9:14 PM

So, if you feel tired or sneeze... THAT'S IT!

You're outta here!!!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 21, 2020, 9:23 PM

In other News, SC had their first Flu death of the year! Imagine that? There usually several thousand a year in SC.

Nov 21, 2020, 9:57 PM

Totally expected . . at least by me.

Nov 21, 2020, 10:02 PM [ in reply to Re: Insane that we allow a symptomatic player to travel on plane ]

Wow, it’s almost like we’re getting close to December which is the start of the main flu season in South Carolina which runs between December and February.

Yeah, cause they were assigned Covid19 as COD...

Nov 21, 2020, 10:40 PM [ in reply to Re: Insane that we allow a symptomatic player to travel on plane ]

#Manipulation to bolster the narrative- typical propagandist tactic-

Re: Yeah, cause they were assigned Covid19 as COD...

Nov 22, 2020, 8:04 AM

You know that you’re parroting false conservative rhetoric, right? This is how misinformation happens, so, stop.

Re: Yeah, cause they were assigned Covid19 as COD...

Nov 22, 2020, 8:08 AM

Hilarious how a lib could even type the word “misinformation” with a straight face.

This was sarcasm right?

Nov 22, 2020, 8:03 PM [ in reply to Re: Insane that we allow a symptomatic player to travel on plane ]

That is not true... this is still 2020 . I have a friend that dies from the flu in Feb of 2020.
I heard of others.
Now if you want to say the first of the fall or flu season then maybe.
Either way FSU was scared!

Nov 21, 2020, 9:26 PM

I definitely agree, never should have travelled to begin with regardless of the test outcome. We didn’t need 1 backup lineman to win this game.

Do you know what symptom(s) the player displayed?

Nov 21, 2020, 9:31 PM

or do you just have an opinion on that too?

Message was edited by: HuntClub®

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

Re: Do you know what symptom(s) the player displayed?

Nov 21, 2020, 9:41 PM

Just saying Dabo learned a big lesson today. Whole thing could have been avoided. I’m as pissed as anyone the game was cancelled, don’t get me wrong. I just don’t understand why we let him travel with symptoms of any kind. It doesn’t matter now, we move on to next week.

Nov 21, 2020, 9:49 PM

Well, if he had attended his minute by minute symptom meetings to check in tonverify accordingly, none of this would have ever happened. I’ll say this, today’s events are going to change EVERYTHING about collegiate football micro-pandemic monitoring mechanisms of mass miss-managed metrics.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 22, 2020, 8:10 AM [ in reply to Re: Do you know what symptom(s) the player displayed? ]

So anyone with the sniffles should be quarantined?

Hmmmmmmmm

Nov 21, 2020, 9:43 PM [ in reply to Re: Insane that we allow a symptomatic player to travel on plane ]

That means Trevor Lawrence should never travel because from his own words he has allergies and COVID symptoms all the time. Just throw out all testing if you are not going to believe them(2 negatives) and if you get a little sniffle you need to go to your room and stay there! All you people have fallen in the trap of fear. COVID is nasty and is serious but so is a bad flu season like 2017-2018 never saw a mask or a lockdown. We are not going to stop this virus from spreading and the death rate for people under 65 1 in 300,000.00. According to Dr. Roger Hodkinson who is more of and expert on this than Dr. Faucci. He also says mask are useless because it is an aerosol and can travel 30 meters.

Nov 21, 2020, 9:45 PM

Wouldn't go so far as to say it is Clemson's fault. It is what it is. That said, given it was a backup guard that was showing any symptoms, positive or not, you have to err on the side of extreme caution. Had it been a critical starter, DJU, etn, or even Galloway with neg test, you go as planned.

This started early week. We all know test only show pos at certain times. So I agree, first sign on Monday, you isolate. That's just mho.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Love these second guessing posts

Nov 21, 2020, 9:53 PM

Everybody is a freakin expert these days and second guesses everything based on the 2 facts they do know. Maybe just shut it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Re: Love these second guessing posts

Nov 21, 2020, 9:56 PM

Lol and +1 to ya!

Re: Love these second guessing posts

Nov 21, 2020, 10:01 PM

Trust and verify smart butt. If you question it. You keep listening to the same thing and you will become a very good sheep! Your life!

Re: Insane that we allow a symptomatic player to travel on plane***

Nov 21, 2020, 11:21 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The insane thing is we’re supposed to lock up anyone with the sniffles

Nov 22, 2020, 8:09 AM

even if they’ve tested negative for the China virus.

Test administered on Friday

Nov 22, 2020, 8:33 AM

Results come back on Saturday. After traveling

Nov 22, 2020, 8:41 AM

The test did not come back positive until the team had already left.

Your post is unfair.

Nov 22, 2020, 9:48 AM

What’s the point of multiple tests throughout the week if the results aren’t going to be trusted?

Just as we assume positive tests are truly positive, we must also assume that negative tests are truly negative. Obviously no test is perfect, and with sensitivity and specificity being less than 100% there will be false positives and false negatives. But since these tests are the best we have, we must trust them.

Also, the list of possible COVID symptoms is very long. While we must allow for the possibility that any symptoms are due to COVID, we can’t forget that other viruses and pathologies haven’t gone away. Everything from colds, flu, sinus infections, pneumonia, etc. are still around.

Clemson did exactly as it was supposed to, given the protocols in place. In this instance, Clemson isn’t to blame.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

I would love to see one of you covid karens sack up

Nov 22, 2020, 11:53 AM

and bring your concerns to Dabo...Just to watch him put you libs in your place.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I love this place, I've got a spot already picked out where I want 'em to put me when I die - up there on that ole hill near the stadium. I want to be there so I can hear all them people cheering my Tigers on Saturdays; then I won't have to go Heaven; I'll already be there."- Frank Howard

https://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=28184

Nov 22, 2020, 8:11 PM

https://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=28184980#28184980

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Replies: 37
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic