Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
This is BONKERS RE: Sturgis Motorcycle Rally
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 716

This is BONKERS RE: Sturgis Motorcycle Rally

Sep 8, 2020, 10:03 AM

I know Covid can be VERY political, but this stat, while VERY debatable, is absolutely bonkers at even half of the numbers reported.

https://twitter.com/FriedsonAndrew/status/1302591878957862912

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yet, the riots in Portland have no effect.....***

Sep 8, 2020, 10:08 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Kind of hard to trace when the tracers can't/don't ask about

Sep 8, 2020, 10:10 AM

attending any social protests.

Ahhh, yes, the standard reply. Hence the reason it gets

Sep 8, 2020, 10:14 AM [ in reply to Yet, the riots in Portland have no effect.....*** ]

so political. Nobody can have anything to say without the "WELL WHATABOUT THIS THING???????"

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's a valid response, Greenr...

Sep 8, 2020, 10:24 AM

You think there would be a similar report if a liberal group held a multi-day assembly
in close quarters?

This isn't about that fictitious event you are talking about

Sep 8, 2020, 10:33 AM

Are large indoor gatherings a terrible idea right now? Yes, especially while ignoring the protocols the CDC has suggested. Does it matter what political party they are part of? Absolutely not. Dumb is dumb. Greenr ain't going to a motorcycle rally, that is dumb AF right now. Greenr also ain't going to any other large gathering, whatever it is.

Dumb is dumb, no matter what political party you want to align it with.

Whataboutism is dumb too (I think that is what it is called, that is a new term to me though)

I'd say this is WAYYYYY more than Sturgis

Sep 8, 2020, 10:43 AM

but ok. Sturgis is the boogeyman. Meanwhile millions are protesting all over the country. meh
BUT STURGIS!!!!!!

https://www.npr.org/2020/08/28/905914974/thousands-gather-for-march-on-washington-to-demand-police-reform-and-racial-equa

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There are some huge differences in those rallies which

Sep 8, 2020, 10:45 AM

are obvious from the pictures, but Greenr ain't gonna waste my time trying to convince someone who is of the mindset you have. It would be fruitless on my end.

Also, Greenr would not have attended that rally either.

Not really.

Sep 8, 2020, 11:31 AM [ in reply to I'd say this is WAYYYYY more than Sturgis ]

Official estimate for Sturgis was over 350,000 attendees. March on Washington was closer to 250,000.

Also, most of the photos of people in your link were wearing masks to help prevent the spread. Not so much, here:

https://www.gettyimages.com/photos/sturgis-south-dakota?mediatype=photography&phrase=sturgis%20south%20dakota&sort=mostpopular

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The point does remain that the contact tracing protocols

Sep 8, 2020, 11:40 AM

are not being applied under the same criteria.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Every man is my superior, in that I may learn something from him."

Here is a study, but the level of tracing does not appear to

Sep 8, 2020, 11:42 AM

be equal. I make no claims to have studied this in depth at all.

https://www.nber.org/papers/w27408

Are there uniform contact tracing protocols between states?***

Sep 8, 2020, 12:27 PM [ in reply to The point does remain that the contact tracing protocols ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There aren't uniform tracking protocols between events.

Sep 8, 2020, 12:34 PM

I doubt if the states are uniform, either.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Look at this picture:

Sep 8, 2020, 1:00 PM [ in reply to I'd say this is WAYYYYY more than Sturgis ]

Count how many people are NOT wearing a mask.

Now look at this picture:

Count how many people ARE wearing masks.

Any notable differences? Or nah?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Let's see. I'm reading that the event in Washington was

Sep 8, 2020, 1:12 PM [ in reply to I'd say this is WAYYYYY more than Sturgis ]

attended by an estimated 50k, NOT the 250k that attended the similar one back in the 1960s.

Sturgis looks to be estimated in the 450k range.

As Greenr said, attending either is dumb IMO given the viral issues that are out there (or that are a total hoax according to some).

As 19b said, look at masks/no masks in photos. Masks help (or are a total hoax according to some).

This is only political for those that view things only through extreme political lenses. Not everything fits into political bucket A or political bucket B, with the notable exception for those that don't allow their own actual brain to make decisions for themselves rather they hitch their wagon to extreme political ideologies and follow them blindly like a deaf and blind sheep while accepting one-sided political rhetoric as fact.

Re: This isn't about that fictitious event you are talking about

Sep 8, 2020, 10:57 AM [ in reply to This isn't about that fictitious event you are talking about ]

It’s not fictitious at all. They are happening nearly every day and night. Those rioters endangering the loves of the life of the older folks just trying to have some lunch. Yeah those ######## a need a straight beat down and it’s happening more and more.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Meh, I'll pass heading down this road with you guys.

Sep 8, 2020, 11:01 AM

The riots are dumb.
Sturgis Rally was dumb.
Peacefully protesting in outdoor spaces while wearing masks has SOME merit, but loses that rapidly when it moves to rioting.
Taking over city centers and trying to force police out is dumb too.

Alot of dumb these days, including in the Jounge.

its y'all selective outrage that has everyone joining

Sep 8, 2020, 11:30 AM

the Trump train. If Biden loses, you have no one else to blame but your ####### media, city leaders, and of course rioters that all of you kept excusing for 3 months. Add in the covid outrage on gatherings like this when everyone see's the nightly protests and riots is laughable. Its driving people to Trump whether you like it or not.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cool***

Sep 8, 2020, 11:32 AM

WELL WHAT ABOUT HILARY GREENR!??!?!

Sep 8, 2020, 11:37 AM

CHECKMATE LIBTARD

Her sex trafficking ring is going to come down soon. Just

Sep 8, 2020, 11:54 AM

you wait.

#Pizzagate

PizzaGate is what I call StubbornTiger's fat mouth

Sep 8, 2020, 12:05 PM

Wanna know what I call his bootyhole?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

WideOpenGate?***

Sep 8, 2020, 12:14 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Corridor of Shame***

Sep 8, 2020, 12:18 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

Insane. I've seen numbers reported, all under 1,000.

Sep 8, 2020, 10:11 AM

How can there be so much difference? Obviously it's political, there were only 250,000 attendees to Sturgis, so I don't believe this number at all.

Re: Insane. I've seen numbers reported, all under 1,000.

Sep 8, 2020, 10:22 AM

I would assume that 250k number would have to be ANY positive case during that timeframe that could be contact traced back to a Sturgis attendee through secondary/tertiary contact. Not necessarily the number of attendees testing positive.

I have no proof of that, just my assumption of the discrepancy.

Yeah, I think so. Nobody is suggesting that 75% of the

Sep 8, 2020, 10:35 AM

attendees got sick.

75% is a guess

That article/paper said 500k attendees
Mumbo said 250k attendees
I've also seen 350k attendees.

Either way, probably a bad idea to go to Sturgis this year.

I only saw 250k mentioned on an RV site that I was looking at,

Sep 8, 2020, 11:37 AM

because I am looking at RV's, so that number isn't official. I was up there just before the rally in 2002 (I was living in Iowa), and there is no way to grasp how huge that festival is. I'd believe 500k as a top end, easy.

I think I read it may have hit 700k in other years which is

Sep 8, 2020, 11:40 AM

just absolutely incredible that an entire metropolis can show up out of the ether. I wouldn't mind walking through one day, but I would stick out like a sore thumb. Good for them, I bet it is a helluva party.

I'll just say this:

Sep 8, 2020, 11:54 AM

You show up with a woman sporting a pair of 38 long teddies, no one will notice you.

LMAO.***

Sep 8, 2020, 10:41 AM

Yeah butt the real important stat I wanna know is new

Sep 8, 2020, 1:04 PM

VD infections as a result of Sturgis.

If you go their site, they did similar studies on the BLM

Sep 8, 2020, 1:36 PM

riots and the Trump Rally in Oklahoma and determined that neither of those events had a significant impact...

Edit: After looking at the site and reading some of the comments by the authors and others - it's probably important to mention that they do have a very strong left lean. So, I wouldn't be surprised if they only used numbers that fit their point-of-view

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 32
| visibility 716
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic