Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Inexplicable Non-Fan
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

Inexplicable Non-Fan

Dec 14, 2015, 7:04 AM

I know a wealthy alumni, that has 6 prime season tickets, that did not attend a single game this season. Especially after the ND game, given the remaining schedule, this had all the makings of a very special season (and it is!), yet when pressed for a reason, he always claimed he was 'too busy'.

Now this is an otherwise fanatical supporter, who goes on and on about recruits and awards and NFL alumni and the playoffs. Is he going to the Orange Bowl? Nope. Going to Glendale with a win over OU? Nope. This is someone who's job allows him the time off to go...has the money to travel in style...has no excuse.

What do y'all make of this? I tell him he's becoming kind of a Gamecock in an way.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Inexplicable Non-Fan

Dec 14, 2015, 7:10 AM

Tell him I would gladly go to every single game if he is too busy next year. I have 2 kids and when it was just me and my wife went to every game. Now that I have kids I put money away just to afford to go to one game a year. I'm serious if this guy can't go please have him get in touch with me I will gladly go in his place. Go Tigers!!!!!

How about...

Dec 14, 2015, 7:11 AM

Don't worry about it.

Good grief, man.

Re: Inexplicable Non-Fan

Dec 14, 2015, 7:13 AM

Maybe he feels a tad bit superstitious and believes that staying away is best for the team. A person I tailgate with will not watch the game on TV if they cannot be there. There are many different reasons none of which are or is GameCockish, they have been showing up to games with suits and ties on and really never have had anything to be proud of with the exception of 3 seasons.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good for him

Dec 14, 2015, 7:15 AM

he obviously chooses to support Clemson and does what ever he wants too on the weekends

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Good for him

Dec 14, 2015, 7:27 AM

Clemson survives with supporters. He obviously is one. I have known several gentlemen like the one you describe. I can only say good things about them.

On a different note, how about the so called fans who constantly gripe about everything Clemson and never truly support any of the programs. I never have figured out why the students avoid the basketball games

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic