Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
In this down period we are going through
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1,095

In this down period we are going through

Apr 8, 2020, 10:16 AM

I’ve watched the two championship games closely and I believe the last two games, OSU and LSU, are the worst games Lawrence has had in his career at Clemson. Both of those teams came prepared to shut him down and did a good job of doing that. I honestly believe that the Tigers really need to upgrade their schedule to help prepare for these big time games.

It’s also concerning to me that missing this spring practice time and, perhaps, summer workouts will really hurt the Tigers. There is a lot of work to be done in the line play on each side of the ball. But every team has this same disadvantage.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: In this down period we are going through

Apr 8, 2020, 10:24 AM

Lawrence did not show dramatic improvement from year 1 to year 2. I do not think he regressed, however I do think he was very fortunate in year 1 to have WRs who went and got the ball consistently. Looking back at ND/Bama vs OSU/LSU there is a huge contrast in big time receptions by the WRs. Our 3rd down percentage was very good and that momentum kept us moving forward to the NC. Last season we seemed to rely on the jump balls that won us the 2018 title instead of progressing, with a similar WR core, to widen the talent gap. I think we see that progression this year with Ross in his natural position and a bunch of hungry guys waiting for their chance. Plus, Lawrence has added motivation.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Apr 8, 2020, 12:01 PM

Until our O line improves, we will see the same thing. We didn’t give up many sacks due to Lawrence’s awareness, but when you see the time he has to throw vs Burrow it is absurd.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 8, 2020, 1:12 PM

I think everyone will hurt some due to no Spring Practices.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 1,095
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic