Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
In these crazy, sad times, I wonder how hand gun sales
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

In these crazy, sad times, I wonder how hand gun sales

Jun 5, 2020, 8:37 AM

are doing?

I imagine that there has been a rush to purchase fire arms.

I have never owned a handgun and have never considered purchasing one till now.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

I saw an article yesterday, but can't remember where

Jun 5, 2020, 8:45 AM

that stated all firearm and ammunition sales were higher in June.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I saw an article yesterday, but can't remember where

Jun 5, 2020, 8:49 AM

Here is at least one article...

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2020/06/03/americans-buying-guns-and-ammo-wake-race-protests/3124011001/

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: In these crazy, sad times, I wonder how hand gun sales

Jun 5, 2020, 8:48 AM

Like you, I have never owned or been interested in owning a handgun. Yesterday I talked to my brother and he is buying a new handgun, multiple clips and applied for a concealed carry permit, much to my surprise.

I assume you are correct. Gun sales are on the rise.

Jun 5, 2020, 8:58 AM

They are going up. I live in a very small town where most everyone I know have plenty of guns and are buying more. Know the guy who owns the pawn/gun shop and he says it’s crazy. I’ll keep my grandfathers shotgun that he brutalized many a groundhog in the garden with and let it go at that.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 5, 2020, 8:59 AM

I bought a shot Gun Monday and the call to sled for background check took 45 mins just to talk to someone

Jun 5, 2020, 4:15 PM

get a cwp, speeds it up

you dont have to carry, but the safety aspect is worth the time/money

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Gun and ammunition sales have sky rocketed ever since the

Jun 5, 2020, 9:00 AM

lockdowns began back in March. I regularly order ammunition online and back in March/April just about every online vendor was sold out of the common calibers (.223, 9mm etc...) with every vendor posting banners stating long delays in delivery due to the overwhelming demand. It all started to settle down a little in May as ammo stocks became more available. I ordered some ammo yesterday and the delivery/processing times have gotten back to normal as well.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Some advice for those of you who have never owned a

Jun 5, 2020, 9:39 AM

firearm and are now buying one:

1. Know your state and local laws on firearm ownership. Most states have a list of firearm owner responsibilities to include securing firearms in a particular way to keep them out of the hands of children and those not authorized to have firearms.

2. Find a local range and immediately sign up for a firearms safety class. Even if you grew up shooting guns these classes are good because they usually cover a lot more information than just the basics of safety and shooting.

3. Don't just buy a gun and throw it in a box safe thinking you are good to go for home protection. Firearms are like anything else - you must practice with them regularly especially if you want to hit what you are aiming at in a very stressful situation.

4. I highly recommend getting a conceal carry permit (CCP) whether you plan to carry a firearm or not. The CCP classes provide a ton of information on your state's laws regarding self defense and use of deadly force. Additionally, some state's allow CCP holders a shortcut towards purchasing firearms since they will have already completed a more exhaustive background check.

5. If you do get a CCP, then consider getting conceal carry insurance as well. You always hope you never have to shoot someone in self defense but if you do it is better to have a nationwide network of specialized self defense lawyers with money available to pay for your defense/bail because you will be arrested. I recommend USCCA because they have discounts for couples (me and my wife) and include home defense in addition to outside the home incidents in their coverage.

6. Lastly JOIN THE NRA! If you like owning a gun for self protection then you should join the NRA who is constantly fighting anti-gun politicians/organizations who actively seek to abolish your right to do so.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree with most of that but screw the NRA

Jun 5, 2020, 9:42 AM

They exist to sell more guns. They don't actually care about the rights of gun owners, or they would have spoken up when Philando Castile was murdered, and on many other occasions as well.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I agree with most of that but screw the NRA

Jun 5, 2020, 10:03 AM

Of course the NRA would like to see more law abiding citizens own guns - after all they are a 2nd Amendment advocacy group.

The NRA does care about the rights of citizens to HAVE and OWN firearms and they prove it everyday. Why do you think so many anti-gun politicians/organizations are doing everything in their power to get rid of the NRA? Because the NRA is fighting these folks in legislatures and the courts every day. Go here to see just a few of the fights they are waging: https://www.nraila.org/legal-legislation/

The case of Philando Castile has nothing to do with protecting the rights of gun ownership so why would the NRA be involved? Philando had a CCP and a weapon on him at the time the Policeman shot him. Was Philando's right to own the gun being violated? Obviously not since the state had allowed Philando to obtain a CCP and purchase a gun - that being the case there was no reason or expectation for the NRA to be involved. The NRA gets involved when a citizens lawful gun ownership rights are being challenged - not just because someone is involved in a gun incident. That is why smart individuals get CCP insurance like that offered from USCCA...

Jun 5, 2020, 9:57 AM

I was just wondering the same thing. Last night I had a conversation with a buddy in CT and I asked him if he owned a firearm, of course he doesn't. They're rioting near him and he's sitting in his home "hoping for the best". No thanks.

I explained reason I have guns and ammo is really simple: 1) for enemies of the Constitution 2) for protection against crimminals. Those people are all over the news rioting as we speak. Of course, the 3rd reason is for hunting but you only need rifles/shotguns for that.

Yankees put way too much faith in law enforcement saving them from bad guys.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can we drop the "for enemies of the Constitution" nonsense***

Jun 5, 2020, 10:41 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sure, as soon as you agree to stop policing free speach

Jun 5, 2020, 3:28 PM

What would you call insurrectionists who're attempting to overthrow the gov't of the United States then? How about nations that are hostile to the United States like China, North Korea, or Iran? Are they "friends" of the Constitution?

Don't attempt to police my free speech, we have enough of that PC nonsense already. If you lack insight and understanding that's your problem, not mine. You don't get to decide what what other people say or think. I'll let you know if I need your opinion.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

More records

Jun 5, 2020, 10:15 AM

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/jun/1/gun-sales-surge-80-may-research-firm/

Went in to Seneca Wal-Mart to get something for a boat.

Not a single firearm in the case.

Jun 5, 2020, 10:24 AM

Not a hand gun but I just bought my first rifle. It’s a Smith and Wesson M&P 15 Sport 22. I’m looking forward to shooting it at the range!

Jun 5, 2020, 3:38 PM

breaking obama's record for sales

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Seems the answer might be yes

Jun 5, 2020, 4:21 PM

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic