Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Whoa, watching Finebaum again, and he’s talking
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 7,799

Whoa, watching Finebaum again, and he’s talking

Jan 16, 2019, 4:38 PM

with Christine Brennan, who works for USA Today. My head is about to explode. She wrote an article, today, on how Clemson was used as a distraction. She states that Clemson should have turned down the invitation because Trump used them. She’s “shocked” that Clemson accepted the invitation, since it was only a week after they won. She also said a women’s team has not been invited to the White House in 14 months, and that most teams do not get fed. “Why doesn’t Trump feed the furloughed Federal employees?”
I’m not much of a Trump fan, but the media is the one turning it into a controversy. They will find any kind of excuse to ### Trump. And now they’ve put our team in the middle of it.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Whoa, watching Finebaum again, and he’s talking

Jan 16, 2019, 4:42 PM

Was going to give you a TD since that is what I do when people ##### about things Finebaum says. However, you are commenting about someone on the Finebaum show who is stirring the pot so I gave you a TU since not directly Finebaum.

Good for me.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And the brainwashing of the sheeple continues***

Jan 16, 2019, 4:44 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You will have to admit

Jan 16, 2019, 4:52 PM

The timing of this ‘celebration’ was a bit questionable. The last trip to the White House was inJuly wasn’t it? I remember it was a very hot day and months after the big game. Trump is slick! I hate to see my team duped into being a part of his agenda! But an honor nevertheless.

Last time we won was right before inauguration....

Jan 16, 2019, 4:59 PM

Hence going in the summer of 2017.
I doubt cheeseburgers for champions is part of some grand distraction, but I suppose one could go that way with it.

Re: Last time we won was right before inauguration....

Jan 16, 2019, 10:46 PM

They don’t usually feed them anything. Maybe some snacks and that’s it

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

And, you do realize that several representatives from SC

Jan 16, 2019, 5:05 PM [ in reply to You will have to admit ]

Asked the President if the White House visit could happen sooner than later before players leaving college so they could participate. Can you agree that a visit to the WH closer to winning a championship is better than waiting 6 months.

What a crime for Trump to feed the players when typically no one gets fed. Sounds like you were duped by the media into thinking this is something other than what it was. What other conspiracies do you partake in?

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We have a lot of seniors and some juniors leaving.

Jan 16, 2019, 10:38 PM

Plus, If I were a coach, I’d rather go sooner than later. In summer, your focus needs to be on 2019 season. Plus it’s miserably hot in DC in summer

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You will have to admit

Jan 16, 2019, 8:23 PM [ in reply to You will have to admit ]

What does any politician do that is not part of an agenda ?? Doesn't matter which side you are on.... Kind of like coots. They rip the ACC for being "weak" after we beat 3 of their teams (2 good ones and a crappy one) and then they get shutout against one of the mid level teams in the league. They get HOF coaches that can't win and only take the job so their son can be a head coach (skip and stevie jr) and fail at that too.

Message was edited by: bobbyb99®

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's not as if the WH didn't go out of their way to inject politics

Jan 16, 2019, 4:47 PM

into the visit from the get-go.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's also not like EITHER party is without fault in this, so

Jan 16, 2019, 4:52 PM

there's that too

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It's also not like EITHER party is without fault in this, so

Jan 16, 2019, 6:09 PM

That's not what MSNBC and Democratic Underground told me.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: It's not as if the WH didn't go out of their way to inject politics

Jan 16, 2019, 4:53 PM [ in reply to It's not as if the WH didn't go out of their way to inject politics ]

Yes, like everything Trump does, he makes it about Trump, but we all know that by now. I don’t like how she, and other members of the media are trying to blame Clemson for accepting the invitation. If they’d turned it down, then they’d be caught up in another controversy. It’s supposed to be a fun celebration for the team. I’m bored and wanting to listen to some college football talk, even if it is Finebama.

Re: It's not as if the WH didn't go out of their way to inject politics

Jan 16, 2019, 10:23 PM

Nice Finebama moniker! ??

Neither side cares about Clemson, they are both using us to

Jan 16, 2019, 4:49 PM

forward their narrative...It's a shame more people haven't realized that, but some would rather pick sides and whine than actually attempt to fix any of it

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Neither side cares about Clemson, they are both using us to

Jan 16, 2019, 4:53 PM

If I remember correctly, most teams have been invited but chose not to go. That is their choice. Don't try to make something out of nothing whoever that woman is.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't ever remember football champs not going***

Jan 16, 2019, 6:17 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 16, 2019, 4:53 PM

Wait a minute... isn't Finebaum a Joo? There you go evangelicals see if you can save this Son of Cain.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just as long as when they complain about it that they

Jan 16, 2019, 4:57 PM

continue to mention the butt-whipping of Bama, 15-0 season, and that Clemson is the 2018/19 National champs they can complain all they want!

In their minds perhaps Clemson is political.

Jan 16, 2019, 4:58 PM

I know Dabo's attitude toward politics because he reads the Bible for guidance. Christ had no political leanings. It is my believe that His work was so much more important than politics as ours should be. The only record of Him dealing with government was when His disciples asked about paying taxes. He stood firm and began the teaching fit for Christians to follow. "Render unto Caesar that which is Caesar's and unto God that which is God's," or just obey the law. That theme is common throughout the New Testament.

The Apostle Paul in all his writings never commented on politics after his conversion. The first church had exactly the same position on politics. The first Church was of the purest form, not duplicated and worth of being mimicked. The record of their behavior, work and attitude toward politics is recorded in Act. Those first Christians did not get involved in worldly distractions.

With such powerful examples of how not to get involved in politics who can believe that Dabo would fail to conform? What is the chance that Dabo would allow his football program to become political? Of course he exercises no control over the individuals but the program is his.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: In their minds perhaps Clemson is political.

Jan 16, 2019, 5:20 PM

Matthew 22:15-22 is one of the most incredible passages in the entire Bible IMO. Good read. Most people are unaware of this passage.

15 Then went the Pharisees, and took counsel how they might entangle him in his talk.

16 And they sent out unto him their disciples with the Herodians, saying, Master, we know that thou art true, and teachest the way of God in truth, neither carest thou for any man: for thou regardest not the person of men.

17 Tell us therefore, What thinkest thou? Is it lawful to give tribute unto Caesar, or not?

18 But Jesus perceived their wickedness, and said, Why tempt ye me, ye hypocrites?

19 Shew me the tribute money. And they brought unto him a penny.

20 And he saith unto them, Whose is this image and superscription?

21 They say unto him, Caesar's. Then saith he unto them, Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's; and unto God the things that are God's.

22 When they had heard these words, they marvelled, and left him, and went their way.

Jan 16, 2019, 5:51 PM

Since when is it not the case that the sitting president invites the national champion to the White House? Since when is a president bound to treat each such event exactly the same as prior such events? Since when do sports reporters have any cause to inject politics into a sports story? Since when is a president's invitation to the national champions not a political opportunity?

If I had to paint a portrait of the perfect president, it would not look like Trump, but a lot of folks in the media and otherwise were scheming to impeach the guy before he took the oath - when have we seen anything quite like that? The vitriol we are experiencing is of a kind we have not witnessed in our lifetime and may be as great as anytime in our nation's history - this is not really a good thing as rationality seems to have been collateral damage in the ever increasing partisanship within the nation.

As for the event, I am terribly happy Clemson, or any SC institution for that matter, did something worthy of national note and a presidential invitation. I guess the USA Today writer isnt a Clemson fan...

Jan 16, 2019, 6:11 PM

Obama got a Nobel Peace Prize before he even took office, for Pete's sake.
Because we were the ones we've waited for, and the oceans stopped their advance.

People on the Left are unserious.
And all politicians are crap.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Jan 16, 2019, 10:30 PM [ in reply to Re: Whoa, watching Finebaum again, and he’s talking ]

You clearly don’t know who Christine Brennan is. She’s an SJW masquerading as a sports journalist and teamed with Martha Burke to harass the Masters to the point they ran the tournament without commercials one year to provide cover for their regular sponsors. She probably laid the groundwork for the hard left turn ESPN took before they realized they’re still trying to make money and better get back to a little sports coverage.

Jan 16, 2019, 10:56 PM

The left are the ones who have made visiting the White House a political statement. Half the country hated Obama but everyone still went to the WH when he invited him. Now suddenly giving the POTUS the middle finger is a-ok in their book. Unfortunately the first team that doesn't go kiss the ring of the next Democrat president, whoever it may be, won't be given the latitude to make this decision without these same media idiots crucifying them. Basically they want to be able to act like disrespectful children while the opposition is forced to conform.

Jan 16, 2019, 6:26 PM

Forest Gump got all the soda he could drink. Those Darn AL players get all the special treatment.

Jan 16, 2019, 6:35 PM

No matter what Trump did, the media would complain. He fed them fast food, the libs complain. Had he fed them filet and Lobster, the libs would complain. The news media spent a week talking about Trump buying his staffers a scoop each of ice cream and buying two scoops for himself. It is lunatical how bad the left hates Trump.

Jan 16, 2019, 8:30 PM

I agree.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Christine Brennan

Jan 16, 2019, 8:34 PM

-- an average writer and a token without a clue when she entered the sports world in the early 1980's.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 16, 2019, 10:15 PM

This world today is a joke and people are fat , lazy lady parts.

Media has been on his behind from day one

Jan 16, 2019, 10:34 PM

I really don’t know why he doesn’t quit. I guess he enjoys it, but I sure as heck wouldn’t put up with it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 17, 2019, 6:34 AM

Brennan is a feminist, liberal ##### that hasn’t been screwed in her life! I’ve never read an article in which she’s been positive, and her articles aren’t fit for the bottom of a bird cage!

Trump is the one who made it political

Jan 17, 2019, 8:16 AM

Saying the shut down was the dems fault and the reason he had to buy hamberders. Remember he is the one who said he would be proud to shut down the government. Just didnt get his way so he creates chaos. Remember too the Republicans didnt give him money for the wall either. What a mess!

Replies: 32
| visibility 7,799
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic