Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
In case it hasn't been posted. ET
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 4,371

In case it hasn't been posted. ET

Jun 28, 2020, 3:05 PM

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/best-non-quarterback-heisman-bet-all-in-on-travis-etienne/ar-BB162EJE

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: In case it hasn't been posted. ET

Jun 28, 2020, 3:11 PM

Nice, thanks for posting.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 28, 2020, 3:35 PM

I dont ever expect to see a Tiger win the Heisman. Clemson doesnt have much of a presence among Heisman voters so they face and uphill battle. Plus they seem to see how little they can do to promote any legit candidate they have.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 28, 2020, 4:52 PM

Dabo pulls the starters, unlike some coaches, when they have a big lead. This does not allow for a starter to have amazing stats in a 50 point blowout. I remember sports talk radio drooling about Lamar Jackson having responsibility for 7 touchdowns in a game that was over at the half. He stayed in just to pad his stats. Heisman voters love that stuff. Dabo substitutes and has backups with game experience which is important to build for the future and be ready for injuries. DW4 could have had better stats and maybe won that year but did not play many 4th quarters. ETN will never get enough carries to win.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 28, 2020, 6:34 PM

Being out of the game at the half or midway third quarter only makes his stats all the more amazing. Imagine what his, and Trevors, and all the other skill guys numbers would look like, if they were in the game with four minutes left in the fourth quarter. Wonder why these super intelligent voters haven't figured that one out yet.

Jun 29, 2020, 7:50 AM

Many of the Heisman voters are former winners who attended sec schools, and their grey matter isn't much to be bragged about. They do vote for their own, almost, no matter what. The other former winners are from the "Big" conferences, and they feel so slighted because they believe they have been left out of the NC games, so they are on a mission to help their guys win some semblance of recognition. Also, as you said, Dabo plays a lot of guys which doesn't help to pad stats. It will be pretty difficult for one of ours to win the Heisman, but it is nice to have guys in the conversations. I lived through about 60 years without so much as a serious mention of a Heisman contender, so it's nice to have a couple of guys being considered. I hope I get to see one of ours get the recognition. We certainly have a couple of strong contenders this next year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 28, 2020, 4:59 PM [ in reply to Re: In case it hasn't been posted. ET ]

Dabo more concerned with championships. Fine by me.

Love watching ETN Run, but Clemson having two legit Heisman

Jun 28, 2020, 4:55 PM

candidates will probably hurt both because it will split the region's votes and some chucklehead from the west coast will have it fall in his lap. Love the trophy talk, but I'll settle for just Clemson Football in 2020!

Re: Love watching ETN Run, but Clemson having two legit Heisman

Jun 28, 2020, 5:41 PM

Averaging over 7 yards per carry is truly amazing. His numbers reflect how the opponents defense can never elect to stop the run because of the efficient passing game that the Tiger coaches have developed.

This writer apparently “has it”. Something I can’t say about every scribe that I read!

Automatic +1 for an actual football post***

Jun 28, 2020, 6:06 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Secondededed.***

Jun 28, 2020, 7:22 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Re: Automatic +1 for an actual football post***

Jun 29, 2020, 7:52 AM [ in reply to Automatic +1 for an actual football post*** ]

THIS! +1 for you for pointing that out!

Replies: 11
| visibility 4,371
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic