Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
In all seriousness, who would you NOT want SC to hire
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 1

In all seriousness, who would you NOT want SC to hire

Sep 25, 2019, 6:36 AM

If they get rid of Muschamp.

Like who would be a hire that would actually make you pause for a moment (im not gonna say scare because nobody should scare the current state of our program) and actually think it's a good hire?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No one. Pitchfork Ben will ensure whoever is there

Sep 25, 2019, 6:37 AM

will meet their demise.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Anyone off our staff!!***

Sep 25, 2019, 6:46 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No coach worth his salt...

Sep 25, 2019, 6:52 AM

is going to accept a job at that dumpster fire of a program.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Bill Belichick.

Sep 25, 2019, 6:55 AM

That guy is a football genius. He might actually win something of importance there.

Thankfully, that’s never going to happen.

I think Dabo and his staff are the best at the college level. So nobody at this level scares me.

~JKB

Bellicheck coaching Coots = Bellicheck coaching Browns

Sep 25, 2019, 8:57 AM

Losers.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: In all seriousness, who would you NOT want SC to hire

Sep 25, 2019, 7:02 AM

One of our offensive coordinators.

Dabo, or Nick Saban

Sep 25, 2019, 7:07 AM

In all seriousness, there isn't anybody they could hire that would scare me for two reasons:

1) Big-time college football coaches in their prime or up-and-coming coaches aren't interested (see Tom Herman, Justin Fuente, Kirby Smart, etc...). SCAR can't compete with the Texas', Florida's, UGA's, FSU's, or Va Techs of the world.

2) If they got lucky and hired a young coaching super-star he'd leave them in a heartbeat for a better offer at a Big-Time program where it's easier to recruit and win.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't thin VT quite fits in that group

Sep 25, 2019, 8:11 AM

I think SC could actually compete with them for a coach.

Didn't SCAR want Justin Fuente more than Muschamp?

Sep 25, 2019, 8:39 AM

Muschamp was way down their wish list as I recall.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Justin Fuente turned down SCAR for VT***

Sep 25, 2019, 8:57 AM [ in reply to I don't thin VT quite fits in that group ]

Doesn't mean it would happen again

Sep 26, 2019, 10:16 AM

I know Beamer had a good ~15 year run there, but I've never seen VT as a elite tier 1 program, and i think they have fallen out of my 2nd tier (Auburn-type programs) down into the 3rd tier. They've had 1 10 win season (exactly 10-4) and 1 ACCCG appearance since 2011 despite playing in arguably the weakest P5 division over that span.

Honestly, once you get below the 2nd tier there's just a lot of programs that aren't THAT much different and will ultimately come down to where the coach wants to be (geography, resources, whatever). I could absolutely see a coach choosing SC over VT. I'm not saying it will happen, but it wouldn't shock me at all if it did.

Re: Doesn't mean it would happen again

Sep 26, 2019, 12:31 PM

They are a team that *could* win it. A 13-0 VT could/would make the CFP and they could potentially recruit the talent. They are pre-Spurrier Florida...

VT football is like Clemson Baseball. Extremely, statistically great, but has never had the season that breaks their empty trophy case. VT is the winning-est power 5 team without a natty (only Boise State and Ga Southern have a higher % but those are not a top-tier program/conference).

Sep 25, 2019, 7:38 AM

In all seriousness, although he is not going to leave his present gig any time soon, the man I would not want the coots to hire is Lincoln Riley( Oklahoma). He reminds me a lot like a younger guy who presently has won two National Championships in 3 seasons at a school 90 miles away(from cootlumbia) that SC would love to have.

Based on their past hires...

Sep 25, 2019, 7:52 AM

I suspect Bobby Bowden is next on the list for them. I ain't scared of that hire.

Go Tigers!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The One Hire That Would Scare Me....

Sep 25, 2019, 7:56 AM

Is Jesus . But heck even he wouldn't take the job . It's hard to raise that many dead ....JK

Sep 25, 2019, 7:59 AM

Urban. His name alone would land recruits.

Dino. If he can challenge teams with Syracuse talent (recent history not withstanding) think of what an sec team, even U5uC, would make him capable of.

Dino is the best coach they could hope to get.***

Sep 26, 2019, 12:50 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

N. Dakota St HC

Sep 26, 2019, 1:01 PM

Him or Chris PETERSON.

Urban Meyer

Sep 25, 2019, 8:09 AM

Of course that's not realistic, but their odds of actually landing anyone that I wouldn't want coaching there is slim anyway. They did get Spurrier ~15 years ago and i do remember saying something along the lines of "oh sh*t" when they actually landed him, but i don't think lightning is going to strike twice over there. Urban will have much more appealing job opportunities if he wants to get back into coaching (again).

Hopefully they will just hire Les Miles away from Kansas. Everyone knows they like to hired washed up former championship coaches.

Re: Urban Meyer

Sep 25, 2019, 9:07 AM

with that guy anything is realistic... lol I don't believe anything.

^^^This.^^^ He is the one coach out there who has

Sep 25, 2019, 9:50 AM [ in reply to Urban Meyer ]

the potential to take them on another Spurrier like 5 year run. But, he will never stay anywhere longer than that now, so no long term worries, even if he came there.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 25, 2019, 8:50 AM

Chuck Norris.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 25, 2019, 9:06 AM

MacGyver too... lol

Dabo is the best coach going.... hands down! Go Tigers!

In all seriousness whatever one thinks of Belichick, he is a brilliant coach. I do not rank him above anyone by any means. However, he is a mastermind of using the system to create a powerhouse. Beginning as a kid in '75 to now, he has a impressive dossier. As a head coach with a .738 win % he is not to be taken lightly regardless of feelings. As a person, he may be different, but as a coach, personally it is hard to show any disrespect.

Sep 25, 2019, 9:37 AM

In MOSTLY seriousness, Spurior or Holtz. Hee Hee!! LOL on Tnet.

Sep 25, 2019, 9:46 AM

Dino

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

Sep 25, 2019, 9:49 AM

Paul Johnson

Why?

1. I don't want to play the option anymore.
2. Walt Deptula will become a COOT fan.
3. I might die laughing at them embracing the triple option and playing in the SEC.

Sep 26, 2019, 11:40 AM

Don't know about you, but I would love for Walt to move to Cootlumbia.

Urban Meyer, Dino Babers, Mike Leach.........

Sep 26, 2019, 10:55 AM

Realistic or not, those should be South Carolina's first 3 phone calls if they want a chance to be relevant or have any chance at football success.

they haven't had an offensive identity since Spurrier left, even then his offense was a shell of what it was at UF........All three of those coaches would at least give them that.

Also, MOST of the time a good gauge of who to hire is the list of coaches that your rival doesn't want you to hire.........Dabo being an exception.

Most Clemson fans (myself included) wanted South Carolina to hire Will Muschamp b/c we knew he'd fail.

Sep 26, 2019, 11:53 AM

Probably an unknown position coach whose hidden talents include Dabo-like/CEO qualities. Somebody who's a real (unknown) big-timer waiting to enter the HC spotlight.

I'd say the days of grabbing a legendary veteran coach who wants one more chance to prove he can do it - are gone.
They've gone to that well one too many times - and it's never really worked. Been moderately successful for a couple of years - but no "top of the mountain" stuff with either Paul Dietzel, Lou Holtz or Spurrier. All 3 of those eventually crashed & burned.

The program, after nearly 130 years, has hit 2nd tier levels briefly only to end up right back on the bottom.

Any current decent coach would not be dumb enough to risk it. Dino? No way. Harbaugh? I wish - but no - he'd never come. Urban? Not in this planet's life. Might have lured Les Miles but that ship has sailed. Petrino? Probably, but bet even Scar wouldn't go there.

They'd have to research really hard & look for the next yet-to-be-revealed Dabo -and hope for the best.

Sep 26, 2019, 1:11 PM

Saban. End of list.

Dawn Staley

Sep 26, 2019, 1:14 PM

She has proven that she can win in that town

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 31
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive