Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Jordan Williams, Nyles Pinckney, Xavier Kelly, Tyler Davis
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

Jordan Williams, Nyles Pinckney, Xavier Kelly, Tyler Davis

Jan 18, 2019, 6:59 PM

Folks we are going to be solid at DT. I didn't even put Taquan Johnson 6'2 295 will contribute to the depth chart as soon as he gets on campus i'm sure. Etinosa Reuben and Ruke Orhorhoro are both interesting dudes. 3 star only b/c I don't believe they did a ton of camps. In fact, both pretty much have only been playing football a short period of time. One was basketball the other was soccer I think. Just big athletic dudes who will be shaped and molded by Bates and Venables into what will be successful on the field. I see both of them moving inside as they are listed as DE.

We will be more than solid inside. Our DE's are going to be beastly! KJ and XT are going to be nearly unblock- able. If they progress how i'm thinking in year two on campus.

With the return of most of the secondary I have no concerns. Don't look now, this defense has the opportunity to be really good. Maybe not look the part early; though still really good. This group will take a few games to gel and get totally on the same page; but as the year goes on will be rock solid.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Jordan Williams, Nyles Pinckney, Xavier Kelly, Tyler Davis

Jan 18, 2019, 7:03 PM

Don’t sleep on Logan Cash...I know highlight reels can be deceiving...but his hudl video is AWESOME

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 18, 2019, 7:07 PM

Also read he owns the sack record in Ga. high school...several Uga sites/fans lamented the fact he was not a priority for Kirby..I know he is listed as a DE...but he’s already 275ish...think batson grows him into a DT

In Venables we trust. I am not worried about the defense at

Jan 18, 2019, 7:10 PM

all on the D-Line. Or, in the secondary. Our one weakness, if there is one, could come at linebacker. And, I think that will be a very temporary situation, until those guys get some reps. Shaq will be the key, does the light finally come on?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: In Venables we trust. I am not worried about the defense at

Jan 18, 2019, 7:13 PM

I think the light has already come on for Shaq. He just had some people in front of him. He’s looked like a beast in limited snaps this year.

Jan 18, 2019, 7:18 PM

Yep! I agree! Don't forget about Mike Jones! IMG 4.5 star recruit that I believe RS last year! Jake Venables. We have some exciting options at LB. Vontae Bentley is the one freshman not named Ladson or Ngata I want to see play! Him and Booth! I think they play with that - "it factor"! Bentley seems like Luke Kuechley in that he seems to be this "quiet conservative kid" but on the field is a animal! Not sure what you call that; but dang!

Jan 18, 2019, 7:52 PM

Quiet conservative kid that's an animal on the field? You call that Hunter Renfrow!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 18, 2019, 7:22 PM [ in reply to Re: In Venables we trust. I am not worried about the defense at ]

Shaq is beast..watch late ND highlights..he came on blitz and it looked like a bowling ball hitting pins! Big fast strong and athletic will help cover a lot of mistakes early in the learning curve

Jan 18, 2019, 7:49 PM [ in reply to Re: In Venables we trust. I am not worried about the defense at ]

I'm hoping that Greg Williams is going to develop in the same way Levon Kirkland did. Little fanfare coming in, but huge star going out.

Jan 18, 2019, 7:57 PM

He is the kid from Swansea, right? Hopefully we have the luxury of having him take a RS so he can learn and grow! I think he will be fine and develop into a solid player. 6'3 235 is awesome size for a LB already. BV defense needs LB who are smart and decisive - hopefully he can get into the playbook/absorb it/come out ready to do his thing! I think he will!

Jan 18, 2019, 8:09 PM

Hopefully Tyler Davis is doing okay after his Mom's passing. I wonder what his plans are now.

Jan 18, 2019, 8:18 PM

Taquan Johnson's mother passed away and hope he is doing OK.

You forgot Darnell Jefferies

Jan 18, 2019, 8:24 PM

A man who should be a force to be reckoned with. He's been preparing his body and technique this entire redshirt season.

2024 free_orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

Re: You forgot Darnell Jefferies

Jan 18, 2019, 8:33 PM

You're right! He came in 6'2 275 a little light to be a DT in a P5 conference. Hopefully though, Coach B and company has put about 25 LBS. of muscle on him.
Yep, all the concerns everyone has about our Line Of Scrimmage play "would be justified" if we didn't have the talent.
The difference between really good teams and good teams is the ability to control or neutralize the line of scrimmage. It allows you do do so much more on defense and offense if you can. I think the coaches have done a good job of getting "grinders" in here to man the LOS. Even if they aren't always the highest of recruited players - if they have a motor they know they can motivate them and coach them up. Put weight on them and work on their speed - which may make all the difference. Good call ChestyPuller0311® USMC92 - 2000 Parris Island, 3rd BN.

We good.***

Jan 18, 2019, 8:34 PM

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic