Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Police Behaving Badly
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 646

Police Behaving Badly

May 31, 2020, 7:36 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNpfZBwqa7g

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

some of those are bit over the top, but

May 31, 2020, 7:40 AM

never f with a cop on a horse. This should be common knowledge.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In Minneapolis they shot a woman on her own front porch

May 31, 2020, 7:51 AM

for filming them walking down the street. She had every right to be there, even according to the curfew order.

Can I be outside my house (on my property) after 8 p.m. and before 6 a.m.?
Yes.

https://dps.mn.gov/macc/Pages/faq.aspx

<###### src="https://streamable.com/e/u2jzoo" frameborder="0" width="100%" height="100%" allowfullscreen style="width: 100%; height: 100%; position: absolute;">

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wow, no wonder they are pissssed

May 31, 2020, 7:57 AM

that is close to as bad as killing someone. I'm sure they are rubber bullets, but still. No excuse for that behavior. I'm sure a rubber bullet could put and eye out or cause other injuries that lead to death.

I am glad that I moved from the city many years ago to rural NC.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It was some kind of pepper paintball, I think

May 31, 2020, 8:01 AM

but now that you mention it a photographer was permanently blinded by a rubber bullet yesterday.

https://www.news.com.au/world/north-america/photojournalist-and-author-linda-tirado-blinded-in-minneapolis-protests/news-story/7768888fcd3fa7f66dac6e2d89f25dcc

Re: It was some kind of pepper paintball, I think

May 31, 2020, 8:04 AM

nice, especially considering she is a photographer and kind of needs her eyes to do her job.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A bunch of journalists have been shot at and even arrested

May 31, 2020, 8:06 AM

Not cool

probably because they were outraged

May 31, 2020, 8:18 AM

by protestors not wearing masks.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I feel like the reporters brave enough to risk getting

May 31, 2020, 8:31 AM

pepper sprayed, tear gassed and shot with rubber bullets (and worse) are probably not the same ones shaming regular folks for not wearing masks outdoors but I could be wrong. I hate fake news but journalism is a respectable profession and they deserve the freedom to do their jobs without harassment from the state.

Hazard of the job...

May 31, 2020, 11:48 AM [ in reply to It was some kind of pepper paintball, I think ]

ATL news crews got tear gassed covering the looting.

News crews get killed covering the war in the Middle East.

When you cover a violent situation, you’re not automatically spared front the chaos due to a media badge.

#### happens.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: In Minneapolis they shot a woman on her own front porch

May 31, 2020, 9:03 AM [ in reply to In Minneapolis they shot a woman on her own front porch ]

They just shot an unarmed woman.

She should have armed herself....... if she's going to decorate her porch with herself.

hey there's a lot of good cops it's just that 90%

May 31, 2020, 7:45 AM

of cops make the rest look bad

Police have shown tremendous restraint for the most

May 31, 2020, 8:22 AM

part, given they are dealing with the lowest scum on earth here in a very dangerous and chaotic environment.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

They could stop protecting the bad cops and none of this

May 31, 2020, 8:33 AM

would have happened. Instead they chose to congregate at the murderer's house in a clear show of support.

That wouldn't have made one lick of difference. The scum who

May 31, 2020, 9:00 AM

are committing these ongoing crimes are opportunists, not people with a social conscience. And yes, I agree, the police should have joined in the protests. They should be front and center in condemning the bad cops.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Like these 2?

May 31, 2020, 9:55 AM

It’s totally different when you are there and seeing it in real life.

When you have the fear of becoming accidentally involved, it’s a different ballgame than being internet guy

Come back to me when you aren’t sure if you are going to be stuck on a peninsula with no way out during rioting and looting

I'm sure it's just me, but I don't understand.***

May 31, 2020, 10:02 AM

- H. L. Mencken

There are 2 cops in the picture walking with the protestors

May 31, 2020, 10:30 AM

the cops are clearly alone and walking along with everyone else

You wanted to see cops in a protest

May 31, 2020, 10:38 AM [ in reply to I'm sure it's just me, but I don't understand.*** ]

So, I attached a pic I took yesterday of cops in a protest.

Okay - good. Thanks. I couldn't tell that was a protest.

May 31, 2020, 11:02 AM

We need to see more police step up.

- H. L. Mencken

Sure, but they wouldn't have had the opportunity***

May 31, 2020, 10:01 AM [ in reply to That wouldn't have made one lick of difference. The scum who ]

Yeah this old guy with a cane is real dangerous

May 31, 2020, 8:51 AM [ in reply to Police have shown tremendous restraint for the most ]

https://twitter.com/bubbaprog/status/1266908354821206016?s=21

well the cop barely touched the dude and he went down

May 31, 2020, 8:58 AM

and then another cop and the one that knocked him down helped him up. It was an accident.

Then the "reporter" talks about it happening in front of the "liberry"

Nailing somebody from behind with your shield was an

May 31, 2020, 9:14 AM

accident... Tell him to leave , then shove him down when he starts walking.

That was 'Billy Badaxx' at work. "Watch this guys."

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It wasn't an accident. The guy who shoved him down was the

May 31, 2020, 9:25 AM [ in reply to well the cop barely touched the dude and he went down ]

very last one to help him up. More likely one of them realized there was a camera watching.

Re: It wasn't an accident. The guy who shoved him down was the

May 31, 2020, 9:37 AM

JD404® said:

very last one to help him up. More likely one of them realized there was a camera watching.

It did look like they were very aware of the cameras. Whole lot of sudden and excessive niceness started happening...after one of them went out of their way to dump the old guy.

Looks like they were just clearing everyone out....

May 31, 2020, 11:46 AM [ in reply to It wasn't an accident. The guy who shoved him down was the ]

They knocked the old guy down and realized “oh ####, it’s an old guy, not a protester” and then helped him.

Yes, innocent people are getting hurt as bystanders. Bottom line is go home/stay inside.

Wait, what about our freedoms?

May 31, 2020, 11:50 AM

Riots won't kill nearly as many people as COVID-19.

You're telling me if I want to exercise my Constitutional rights, I should expect to be assaulted by government agents?

I’ve stopped rationalizing & making excuses for Cops.

May 31, 2020, 9:25 AM [ in reply to Police have shown tremendous restraint for the most ]

Different videos of the same ######. The good Cops are complicit in condoning and covering up the horrendous behavior and sometimes criminal actions of the bad Cops. These cases of black men dying in the hands of Cops continue in spite of knowing that the incident is likely to be on video. The bad Cops are expecting impunity. Think about that.

I was taught to respect Cops for their alleged mantra of “To protect and to serve”. In the ‘60s and 70s, I opposed the term PIGS. _ stilll do. But no more benefit of the doubt. Cops and District Attorneys need to “earn” respect by purging the Law Enforcement ranks of criminals. Clean house and regain the respect that is rightfully deserved for honorably performing a difficult job for the public good.

My mental constructs work better when the Cops are the good guys.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I do not disagree.

May 31, 2020, 9:33 AM

Absolutely no excuse or justification for cops behaving badly. Also no excuse or justification for citizens behaving in a violent or unlawful manner. We have to quit rationalizing and excusing bad behavior when it is committed by people who may align with our biases or mental constructs, but that is exactly what is happening here, and driving this divide.

- H. L. Mencken

Look what this cop did

May 31, 2020, 8:52 AM

https://twitter.com/YoungCashJordan/status/1266907597241831426

A lot of people really, really don't like cops

May 31, 2020, 11:41 AM

I hope the officer is alright.

Replies: 31
| visibility 646
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic