Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Congratulations to Lucas Glover!!!!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Congratulations to Lucas Glover!!!!

Aug 18, 2019, 5:47 PM

It was a wild ride at the end after being what seemed to be a pressure free round. Would I have loved to see him in the teens for next week- heck yeah... but he’s going to Atlanta!

I definitely shed a tear for him!!!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Congratulations to Lucas Glover!!!!

Aug 18, 2019, 5:50 PM

Loved his response. Held true to his Tiger roots because I would have had to deck the reporter.

Win next week Lucas!!!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 18, 2019, 6:02 PM

These men need no introduction. Well done Lucas!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 18, 2019, 9:43 PM [ in reply to Re: Congratulations to Lucas Glover!!!! ]

What happened with the reporter - kerigantoo ? I missed the interview.....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Aug 18, 2019, 10:27 PM

Essentially the way I took it was the interviewer was asking him how tough was it for him to make the tour championship and how he “squeaked “ in etc. and what was his goal for this week etc.

Lucas chuckled while gritted teeth and replied it was obviously tougher for him than some of the guys out there... as well as saying his goal was the same every week, he’s trying to win the golf tournament... said he didn’t just want to be in it, he wanted to win it.

About like asking Dabo if it’s ok with him to just make the playoffs and not care about winning the game. Duh.

Aug 18, 2019, 6:05 PM

Lucas has now qualified for the CJ Cup, ZOZO Championship, WGC-HSBC Champions, WGC-Mexico Championship, Masters Tournament, U.S. Open, and The Open Championship to go along with THE PLAYERS and the five invitationals that he had already qualified for.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Impressive

Aug 18, 2019, 6:15 PM

That changes his schedule for next year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Impressive

Aug 18, 2019, 6:21 PM

Wow! No kidding... that was way bigger than I thought it was. Now we need to get some more Tigers in there with him.

Thank you both for all the wonderful posts !!!!

Aug 18, 2019, 7:12 PM

Here is a nice article summarizing the perks that you get by finishing at different levels of the FedExCup standings.

https://www.pgatour.com/news/2019/08/14/impact-fedex-cup-2019-2020-pga-tour-season.html

Aug 18, 2019, 8:30 PM

agree, tiger tv time on ever hole. saw Lucas three times, all were after hole was over. what a joke golf has become.

Aug 18, 2019, 7:35 PM

Hung on for dear life, but I'm proud of him for hanging in there with so much on the line. I am really pissed at NBC for not showing him nearly as much as some who were either not in contention or were easily in, but not near the leaderboard. Lucas deserved more TV time other than a birdie putt here and there.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Congrats to Lucas!!!!

Aug 18, 2019, 7:49 PM

And Thanks to all you "bozos" who pulled him through while I was out on "Weirdo Alert"!!!

Thanks also to Schema for the article and explanation!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 18, 2019, 9:37 PM

Yep - definitely proud of Lucas... Hung in there !! -:)

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Dang, I thought you meant he won, but found out he finished

Aug 18, 2019, 9:45 PM

seventh!

Re: Dang, I thought you meant he won, but found out he finished

Aug 18, 2019, 10:16 PM

First time in 10 years that he’s made it to the tour championship. Quite a comeback with all he’s been through. He’s one of the most popular and likable players on tour and very well respected.

Aug 19, 2019, 10:14 AM

Here is an article discussing Glover.

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/lucas-glover-among-three-to-play-way-into-tour-championship-knocking-three-out-including-shane-lowry

Aug 19, 2019, 10:41 AM

Did he make enough money so that his wife won't beat him?

Aug 19, 2019, 10:42 AM

User Logo
Tigerman5000
Trainer [47]
TigerPulse: 86%
Posted: Aug 19, 2019 10:41 AM

Did he make enough money so that his wife won't beat him?

CLASSY, REAL CLASSY

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If I was Lucas, next weekend

Aug 19, 2019, 10:50 AM

Will be the most relaxing four rounds of golf of my life. Knowing I'll pocket $395K, regardless, certainly eliminates most any stress! ;)

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic